Dallas has made five trades to acquire veteran players

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Not exactly sitting on your hands like some think.

The Cowboys did not make a move before today’s NFL trade deadline. Most notable moves made by NFC playoff contenders: Eagles added S Kevin Byard, Seahawks added DL Leonard Williams, 49ers added DE Chase Young.

In a little over a year, Dallas has made five trades to acquire veteran players. They are the only five players on the Cowboys’ current roster that have been acquired via trade:

DT Johnathan Hankins
CB Stephon Gilmore
WR Brandin Cooks
QB Trey Lance
CB Noah Igbinoghene

Jerry loves you.

conner01

Reaction score
I dont get and never will how fans of this team defend Jurrah after 27 years of ineptitude.
I don’t know anyone that defends Jerry. Some just don’t want to mortgage the future for a one year rental player

conner01

Reaction score
Seems other teams do it.
And some have success from it while some don’t. Just like the draft and free agency. Making moves doesn’t always mean they work but the cost is there either way

lopey

Reaction score
And some have success from it while some don’t. Just like the draft and free agency. Making moves doesn’t always mean they work but the cost is there either way
The point is you have to go all in when the window is there. I hate being mediocre to above average. I want to see us at the very least in the NFC Championship game. Or Super Bowl. Isnt that the whole reason they play. To win the Super Bowl

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Its crazy how much cap space the 49ers have with all of the stars they have on their team.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This was the point in the season that you shore up a position before the playoff run. Dallas has needs at OL, CB, RB1 and linebacker. They did nothing to address any of it. I know it is expensive picks wise but other teams do it year after year…..

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I wonder if Brock tries to hold out for more money next season if the 49ers make the playoffs and win a couple games. That guy will barely make $1 million next season lol.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I would of love to have gotten Daron Payne or Jonathan Allen from the Commanders since they are basically going into rebuilding mode.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Not exactly sitting on your hands like some think.

The Cowboys did not make a move before today’s NFL trade deadline. Most notable moves made by NFC playoff contenders: Eagles added S Kevin Byard, Seahawks added DL Leonard Williams, 49ers added DE Chase Young.

In a little over a year, Dallas has made five trades to acquire veteran players. They are the only five players on the Cowboys’ current roster that have been acquired via trade:

DT Johnathan Hankins
CB Stephon Gilmore
WR Brandin Cooks
QB Trey Lance
CB Noah Igbinoghene

So how many of those same playoff teams didn't make any moves "in a little over a year" as you say?
You're missing the point of trades at this point in the season.
(Hint) It's to tweak your roster's weak spots for a playoff run.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m impressed with the job Seattle has done.

The price they paid for Adams only to seemingly give up by trading Wilson was a head scratcher. It seems as if a few down years were inevitable, but they aren’t a team I’m looking forward to playing, and it wouldn’t shock me if they win the NFC.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't understand why fans are so mad that this is a 5-2 team that didn't give up draft capital to acquire a player someone else doesn't want anymore.

Note the four of the five players listed in the OP were acquired before the season started.