Dallas has made five trades to acquire veteran players

plasticman

Reaction score
The Eagles got two picks for Wentz.

It did not resemble the Walker trade in any way.
I do stand corrected on the Wentz trade. I got a different QB trade mixed up. This will teach me to continue relying less on my memory and double checking my facts through research. Thank you for the correction.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I do stand corrected on the Wentz trade. I got a different QB trade mixed up. This will teach me to continue relying less on my memory and double checking my facts through research. Thank you for the correction.
They have gotten more than they should on a few over the years (Bradford, Wentz, etc.).

Kwyn

Reaction score
I dont get and never will how fans of this team defend Jurrah after 27 years of ineptitude.
Theres a difference between believing the team sometimes makes good decisions and the belief that every decision the team makes is a bad one.

The former is pragmatic and rational, the latter is hyperbolic and irrational.

plasticman

Reaction score
Theres a difference between believing the team sometimes makes good decisions and the belief that every decision the team makes is a bad one.

The former is pragmatic and rational, the latter is hyperbolic and irrational.
"Theres a difference between believing the team sometimes makes good decisions and the belief that every decision the team makes is a bad one."

Which is entirely different from the real issue, the belief that the wrong person is making the final decisions.

Descriptions
like "rational" and "irrational" require some type of explanation or examples, just to be fair to whoever you are debating. Otherwise, they just seem like personal opinion or an attempt to belittle the argument by attacking the author.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not exactly sitting on your hands like some think.

The Cowboys did not make a move before today’s NFL trade deadline. Most notable moves made by NFC playoff contenders: Eagles added S Kevin Byard, Seahawks added DL Leonard Williams, 49ers added DE Chase Young.

In a little over a year, Dallas has made five trades to acquire veteran players. They are the only five players on the Cowboys’ current roster that have been acquired via trade:

DT Johnathan Hankins
CB Stephon Gilmore
WR Brandin Cooks
QB Trey Lance
CB Noah Igbinoghene

Reminds me of an old INXS song: here comes the rationalization, as if other teams didn't make offseason moves AND trade deadline moves.

It's weird to me how far some go to defend this front-office-for-life that has 4 wildcard wins in almost 30 years.

Jerry & Stephen's fantasy football front office hasn't worked, and there's no reason to think these old bozos are suddenly going to outsmart the rest of the NFL.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't understand why fans are so mad that this is a 5-2 team that didn't give up draft capital to acquire a player someone else doesn't want anymore.

Note the four of the five players listed in the OP were acquired before the season started.
because the teams they are in direct competition with, (and likely lagging behind) did, and bolstered their rosters further.

Proof

Reaction score
Dallas has picks in round 1,2,3 and two 7ths.

Tough to particpate.
The one move they could have made was to offer a 1st for Sweat (we weren't getting him for our low 2nd) or the R3 for Chase Young ( we oculdn;t make it conditional because we didn't have the lower picks) neither of which start here.
Fans are mad about hypothetical trades that didn't happen for any team. Henry, JJohnson
Using 3 draft picks to better this team IS pretty indicative of going all in.
2 of the 3 picks are for a third string cb and to move up and draft a back up cb in the 5th.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
If you made 5 trades and you needed to make 10 you still didn't make enough trades even if 5 seems like alot.