Dallas Mavs Playoff thread

DFWJC

Reaction score
A little reminder regarding the Mavs:

There are three teams in NBA HISTORY that have won 50+ games in 11 straight seasons.

Lakers (Magic era) , Spurs (Duncan era), Mavericks (Nowitzki era)
-------
Now on to the playoffs.
At present, the Mavs are up on the Blazers 2-0 in the series.

I thought the series would go 7, and it still could due to a nearly impenetrable home court advantage in Portland.

But in the end, I see the Mavs' depth + Dirk as being the difference.
It allows them to search until they find another scorer besides Dirk each night and their defense is greatly improved.

After round one....I won't make a prediction due to homerism :D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
The mavs are really playing well and blew my prediction out of the water.

Hopefully my Spurs can start playing to that level.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
zrinkill;3914192 said:
The mavs are really playing well and blew my prediction out of the water.

Hopefully my Spurs can start playing to that level.

Is Manu back? (or is he coming back)

MC KAos

Reaction score
Game 3 is gonna be massive for the mavs, if they can pull it off it would end the series early and give their old guys a rest b4 the second round

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Dallas really needs to end this series early if at all possible, its a close game at the moment but if we can end it in 5 we will be better prepared to take on LA. I am hoping the hornets take LA to 6 or 7, so they will have been worn down a little bit while the mavs will have been resting. Hoping for that scenario anyway.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Corleone;3916579 said:
Dallas really needs to end this series early if at all possible, its a close game at the moment but if we can end it in 5 we will be better prepared to take on LA. I am hoping the hornets take LA to 6 or 7, so they will have been worn down a little bit while the mavs will have been resting. Hoping for that scenario anyway.

sorry to say, this series is going 6 or 7 (as ive said all along) but i think i might be leaning towards mavs in 7 now rather than blazers in 6. i have a feeling home team might win every game. game 5 is gonna be very interesting

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
That's the most likely scenario, but if we win the second away game for the split and come home to end it in 5 or 6. I am never usually one to complain about the refs but tonight they had a big influence. So many non-calls, the little calls didnt go our way but that happens. A fan literally got in Jason Terry's way, Kidd hit a late 3, a gigantically important three and they called it a two. The mavs must improve their defense, they HAVE to stop those turnovers though, they were big. Free throw shooting was bad down the line. Thats a recap, the Blazers have more energy and needed a win and they got it.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Corleone;3916652 said:
That's the most likely scenario, but if we win the second away game for the split and come home to end it in 5 or 6. I am never usually one to complain about the refs but tonight they had a big influence. So many non-calls, the little calls didnt go our way but that happens. A fan literally got in Jason Terry's way, Kidd hit a late 3, a gigantically important three and they called it a two. The mavs must improve their defense, they HAVE to stop those turnovers though, they were big. Free throw shooting was bad down the line. Thats a recap, the Blazers have more energy and needed a win and they got it.

come on now! the refs had nothing to do with it, are you kidding? the mavs have more free throw attemps and less foul calls. if you wanna blame anything it might be their uncharacteristically bad free throw shooting, i was close to 50%.

i just dont see the mavs winning game 4, the blazers have a great home court advantage

ps you really shouldnt be overlooking the blazers! classic mavs fan!! lol

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;3916660 said:
come on now! the refs had nothing to do with it, are you kidding? the mavs have more free throw attemps and less foul calls. if you wanna blame anything it might be their uncharacteristically bad free throw shooting, i was close to 50%.

i just dont see the mavs winning game 4, the blazers have a great home court advantage

Mavs fans wouldn't be Mavs fans if they weren't blaming losses on the refs!
:D

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;3916662 said:
Mavs fans wouldn't be Mavs fans if they weren't blaming losses on the refs!
:D

or looking over their opponent after being up 2-0, can you say "victory parade!" :laugh2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
MC KAos;3916664 said:
or looking over their opponent after being up 2-0, can you say "victory parade!" :laugh2:
Who has done that?

And everyone complains about refs. Even your boy Timmy. They're generally awful.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;3916660 said:

Yeah
I see a 7 game series...as I have from day one.

It's hard for any team to beat Portland at the Rose Garden. The Mavs gave it a decent shot, but I think they will have to home court to win this series.

Reaction score
This has been a terrific series so far I fully expect it to go 7. Whoever wins the matchup between Aldridge and Nowitzki will win this series.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;3916664 said:
Yes, Mayor Laura Miller was an idiot regarding anything related to sports.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
DFWJC;3916874 said:
Yes, Mayor Laura Miller was an idiot regarding anything related to sports.

I will always look down upon that woman for not putting cowboys stadium in downtown dallas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
danielofthesaints;3916926 said:
I will always look down upon that woman for not putting cowboys stadium in downtown dallas.
And now what happens? The city builds a city owned hotel to help jump start the convention center area.
:laugh2:
unreal

Put a stadium or arena in and hotels pop likes weeds...not to mention restraurants, bars, infrastructure, and even other business...whci snowballs into condos and apartments and a steady stream of tax revenue and revitilization.

Oh well.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
As a former Mavs fan who still watches most of their games but is now somewhat disinterested, I think the Mavs win the next game at Portland. They did lose last night, but it was a very tough game with a good home team simply beating them... There weren't any signs of a collapse as in some past years.