READ THIS Dallas Morning News (DMN) has demanded we no longer allow their content posted on CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
FWIW, I plan on firing off a complaint email to them and let them know I won't bother reading their stuff anymore.

The only reason I even go to the DMN website to read stuff there is through links here. I'll click on a story linked here, read it and then bounce around their website reading other articles.

Stupid decision on their part.

fredp22

Reaction score
They have to be allowing a comment from us and a link
its directing traffic to them

or is a link also being forbidden?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Could the newsfeed zone be the issue? The newsbots sometimes post the whole article.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
We received a legal Cease & Desist order from the law firm of Dallas Morning News (DMN) today requesting we no longer allow DMN content on the site.

It's unfortunate given that we usually send DMN's web site several hundred users in traffic each day, but it is their choice and their content so we will abide with their legal order.

On the bright side, there are a lot of other great Cowboys news sources available which will help all of us keep up with the latest Cowboys news.

/reality
I hate them.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could the newsfeed zone be the issue? The newsbots sometimes post the whole article.
Their legal order states all of their content. As I said, we have no desire to police their content on the site nor do we want to mess with any grey areas.

I understand that a lot of you are applying common sense ideas to the request, but they are just not an option and even if they were, it is not something we can adequately police and enforce.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
So did they give any reasoning why? It just seems odd that a site or paper wouldn't be ok with a link to their website to read the article.

I would guess it's a blanket policy they have. Who has the time to police every internet forum to make sure no one is pasting the entire article with or without a link?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So funny when they use Broaddus' work on their site and charge people for the content that is not theirs to sell.
That is a lot of what they do now. They and other media outlets have pretty much fired all of their journalists in favor of cheap kids that can scour the Internet and radio for content to post on their website

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They suck anyway, I stopped reading it a couple of years ago. Won't make much of a difference, if any.

Yes, they have are a rag paper and rag reporting. I have not bought one of their papers in 10 years at least. Nor do I ever go to their website, unless it was a link from here.
I won't go there now even with this BS from them. They don't have any news that can be can not be obtained elsewhere.
I won't miss JJT or Goose and their stupid opinions. Not that I really ever read them for a while anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.