READ THIS Dallas Morning News (DMN) has demanded we no longer allow their content posted on CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So funny when they use Broaddus' work on their site and charge people for the content that is not theirs to sell.

How do you know they don't have rights agreements to use his stuff?

What many of you may not be aware of is that newspapers and television stations pay for "rights" to other newspapers' content.

For example, the paper I used to work for had an agreement with AP. The stipulation was that we could use AP's articles and every other newspaper that subscribed to AP.

It's quite possible that DMN has a "rights" agreement with other Cowboys sports publications. So we really don't know if they're taking other news organization's stuff.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
How do you know they don't have rights agreements to use his stuff?

What many of you may not be aware of is that newspapers and television stations pay for "rights" to other newspapers' content.

For example, the paper I used to work for had an agreement with AP. The stipulation was that we could use AP's articles and every other newspaper that subscribed to AP.

It's quite possible that DMN has a "rights" agreement with other Cowboys sports publications. So we really don't know if they're taking other news organization's stuff.

Probably because he said they do not, pretty simple.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Isn't the idea to get more people interested in their content? Good Riddance then. With all that stupidity, That's the perfect job for Steven A Hack

MileyDancer

Reaction score
We received a legal Cease & Desist order from the law firm of Dallas Morning News (DMN) today requesting we no longer allow DMN content on the site.

It's unfortunate given that we usually send DMN's web site several hundred users in traffic each day, but it is their choice and their content so we will abide with their legal order.

On the bright side, there are a lot of other great Cowboys news sources available which will help all of us keep up with the latest Cowboys news.

/reality
That's a 1 month ban for you!

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
This smells of a lame law firm with nothing better to do but to try and flex their muscle, only to tear said muscle in the process. Seriously, what kind of company does not like free traffic and advertisement? A company that is soon to close it's doors, is who.

Last edited:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Right, they are in fear that more people come here to get info than go to their lame website.
Well, I doubt many here plan on bookmarking the DMN website anytime soon. I'd rather peruse twitter or go to DC.com for relevant information.

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That is a lot of what they do now. They and other media outlets have pretty much fired all of their journalists in favor of cheap kids that can scour the Internet and radio for content to post on their website

Amen!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Who said they didn't have a right's agreement? Broaddus?

If so, I stand corrected.

Yes, Broaddus said so himself and indicated he has a problem with them using his stuff and charging people for it.

No problem, he said this not long ago on one of the DC.com shows, he was clearly not pleased.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So does this mean administrators here have to go back and delete the links from previous threads or does the cease and desist apply from hence forth?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
We received a legal Cease & Desist order from the law firm of Dallas Morning News (DMN) today requesting we no longer allow DMN content on the site.

It's unfortunate given that we usually send DMN's web site several hundred users in traffic each day, but it is their choice and their content so we will abide with their legal order.

On the bright side, there are a lot of other great Cowboys news sources available which will help all of us keep up with the latest Cowboys news.

/reality
they still have a cowboys section???

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think everybody understand that this is a, well, stupid move, on behalf of DMN. However, it's their move to make. I would just remind everybody that they have basically forbidden content. While we can debate the intelligence of it all, or the legality, it is not any of us who are responsible. It is Reality who is ultimately responsible. It is his butt on the line. Because of this, I would simply ask all members to just take the request to heart and abide by it. Yeah, it's stupid but it's what we have to do. No DMN content, at all and that's that.

It's a shame, I really enjoyed reading Sturm.

Status
Not open for further replies.