Dallas Morning News Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockster

Reaction score
Not that this is all that important, especially since this forum is so good, but what the heck ever happened to the DMN forum? I have always wondered what happened to it. Would love to know out of curiosity.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
lockster said:
Not that this is all that important, especially since this forum is so good, but what the heck ever happened to the DMN forum? I have always wondered what happened to it. Would love to know out of curiosity.

I miss Scott David and the Philly fan who talked about his terrier all the time!!

lockster

Reaction score
Yeah there were several I miss that seemed to always be ragging on each other lol

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
underdark said:
I miss Scott David and the Philly fan who talked about his terrier all the time!!
Scott David doesn't post anywhere anymore. His website is http://www.laststory.com/ if you want to read his off the wall views on life. He played the best practical joke ever on extremskins.com. Wacky Ralph was quite beloved.

I don't know where WRZ is and I don't care. Me and Billy Zardus do not get along at all. He is the reason why I left DMN for good.

As far as I know they stil have a fan forum. Could be wrong I guess.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Scott David doesn't post anywhere anymore. His website is http://www.laststory.com/ if you want to read his off the wall views on life. He played the best practical joke ever on extremskins.com. Wacky Ralph was quite beloved.

I don't know where WRZ is and I don't care. Me and Billy Zardus do not get along at all. He is the reason why I left DMN for good.

Scott David... he was good for all sorts of great lines...

There was one about "riding large woman" that brought tears down my cheeks.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
It's under the CowboysPlus section of the DMN. I don't visit there very often, so I don't know any of the regulars.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Scott David... he was good for all sorts of great lines...

There was one about "riding large woman" that brought tears down my cheeks.
Do you know about Wacky Ralph?

Guaranteed to make you hurt from laughing.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:

Yes! Absolute classic! The guy is a genius! Well, sort of a twisted genius!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Yes! Absolute classic! The guy is a genius! Well, sort of a twisted genius!
Iceberg is one of his best friends. They stay in touch. He doesn't even post on Ice's site anymore.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Scott David, Wacky Ralph.......those guys could break me up.

The good old DMN my first message board. You had to have a very thick skin to survive..........You entered the place ducking. :D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
Scott David, Wacky Ralph.......those guys could break me up.

The good old DMN my first message board. You had to have a very thick skin to survive..........You entered the place ducking. :D

That's where I started too...

WRZ, what guy he was.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
That's where I started too...

WRZ, what guy he was.

Yup, I started back there at the DMN myself. Got too annoying with WRZ and Iceman. (not Iceberg). The stupidity just got to be too much.

There was a guy there "tnntree" or something like that who would never shut up about hating Campo or Zimmer...hmmm.

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
The last I heard, Mr. Bill was the only poster who hadn't been banned. He just debates and belittles himself endlessly now. Kinda sad, really. :(

gbrittain

Reaction score
Remember Mike Graney the supposed Cowboy fan from New York I think it was. He was really just a Green Bay fan from what I could tell.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
WOW... lots of names from the past...

Wouldn't have hurt me to never hear them again... ;)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
..is making my right eye twitch uncontrollably.

:banghead:

Oh man..and that guy Graney or whomever and his siamese twin that kept cutting him to pieces like a sushie chef..forget his name.

Those guys were dizzy. I never saw so many words wasted on so little to say.

Glad things are better run here. Those Mods over there were the worst examples of how not to run a forum.

And WRZ..he and that doggie of his. When he came out with the doggie diaper stuff and his daily excusions to the local park to walk the dog..

..I was so out of there.

Later.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I would scan around looking for Scott David comments. I thought that guy should be a professional writer. Very funny and intelligent. Someone should invite him over to our forum. Does he have his email on his site? He would be great for this place.

notherbob

Reaction score
I read the DMN board religiously from 97 thru mid-2004 but almost never posted. It used to be the best board around for no-holds-barred arguing about Cowboys football and it deteriorated into threats several times and had to be re-structured about once a year. The last reincarnation was the worst in that the moderator was almost as bad as the format - they shrunk the readable area to a small part of the screen and had scads of popups and ads as well as being the s-l-o-w-e-s-t board on the net. Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore and just quit going to it about a year ago, when this board bolted from Mazevo and opened up.

While there were a lot of interesting posters there over the years, Scott David was my favorite. It also had it's share of obnoxious flushables, like Graney, Icey, etc. but I always enjoyed reading many of their posts up until a thread deteriorated into blind rage. As Quigley pointed out once, if they weren't ripping each other on the board they would probably be abusing their spouses and children and pets. There were times WRZ was funny and times when he was a royal pain. I kinda miss some of the old wide open wild west days there, but I don't miss the current board at all and just never go there anymore.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...waxing and waning over the good ole days.

Graney, Zardus and his Wired Hair Terrier, Iceman and Mr. Bill.

Given the penchant for most forum users to make pseudonyms I wouldn't be surprised if they all resided here under a different personality.

That place was a sandbox and I don't know why I stuck there for so long. I still laugh when I checked out one day to find that the DMN changed their format of the forum to include ads. After wading through a slew of complaint threads I found out that a bunch made the move over here.

I can't remember them all, but there were some excellent posters at the old DMN and I hope some made it over here. Anyone know where Doc is nowadays?

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:

That guy was so funny. Why did he quit posting altogether?

Status
Not open for further replies.