Dallas Morning News Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I was a diamond there surround by trash. :D After I stumbled on this place and I never looked back.

Also, that Wacky Ralph was pure d classic! It was worth registering just to read it. Scott was a character indeed.

Edit: BTW, whatever happened to Mr. Bill? That guy had a knack for posting articles right off the press. There was no need to go elsewhere for Cowboy's news because he single handedly centrally located all of the latest information.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Wow that was years ago. I didnt stay there long tho, there was a 49er fan named "beavis" i couldnt get along with, man he was annoying.

oh and btw thumper i was over there with ya too, i know the exact "rat" your talking about :p:

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Don't know about how it used to be but the board is garbage now. It's where rookies start--then they find decent boards like this one. It's been taken over by a few Iggles fanatics, who post incredibly clever things about Fat Tuna (a bit like calling the kettle black considering Andy Reid's girth) & calling everyone under the sun gay (only more rudely). It really got stomach-churning when they starting calling certain posters child molesters. I never read there anymore.

CC_Cowboy

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Well CC let me take this opportunity to welcome you to this forum........not one better anywhere.

I know you will enjoy posting here.

Thanks CBZ40. Not sure if you remember me as CC_Cowboy from Jerry's board or Rick_Martens from the DMN. But that's me.

Does 802Dave ever post here?

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He is a professional writer. Last I heard he had a novel in the works.

I am sure it will make Kinky Friedman, Martin Clark and Douglas Adams all proud. I'd buy it in hardcover today!! He was of course a fellow James Madison University grad., and we Dukes are prouder of him than Charles Haley.

Who first invited the DMN folks overhere anyhow? Seems I learned about this board by clicking on a link in a post on that board.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
CC_Cowboy said:
Thanks CBZ40. Not sure if you remember me as CC_Cowboy from Jerry's board or Rick_Martens from the DMN. But that's me.

Does 802Dave ever post here?

Rick.......I better see you posting here more.....You were one of my favorite posters.

Dave was here a couple of months ago.....gave him a holler...he's changed jobs seems to have alot more time so hope to see him alot more.

CC_Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks CB. It's nice to see some of the best DMNers over here. I'm a regular at Jerry's site and struggle to post on more than one site at a time due to time constraints. But I'll do what I can.

Funny thing is, last night I commented on Jerry's board that I despised this site, LOL! Then, after Blindzebra called me a bad name I decided to come back and take another look.

So far I like it. So, I officially retract my previous opinion.
icon12.gif

notherbob

Reaction score
Great thread.

It's like a class reunion from several boards that I have read for years but almost never posted on. It's good to see a lot of the names from the Renegades, Sportsonly, Silverstar Interactive, The old Star Telegram board, the Ranch and a few others I've forgotten about.

For total freedom of expression, there's nothing better than the Renegade Radio board and you can get into some fairly childish arguments at the Ranch, but they are fairly passionate posters there and a lot of them so it's a good read.

In my opinion, this board has the largest number of mature and intelligent posters and the strict policies of the Mods force people to control their emotions if they want to remain and that makes for some good discussions that do not deteriorate into arguments and threats. I'm always surprised that the Renegade board (Iceberg's board) is similarly well behaved despite their no hold barred policy and there's some former DMN posters there who are very good posters and it's always a good read.

I miss Scott David's posts and he's hard to replace but life goes on.

Message to the Mods - keep up the good work.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to post there as well...A few times I tried to get Mr.Bill to leave that site but he was not wanting to move on...that was a couple of years ago I guess.

It was bad enough that the place was turning into a jungle, it was bad enough that they shrunk the page so small it was like trying to read a palm pilot....but the last straw to me was that when trying to get someone to clean it up from some of the posters you would never get a response...they just flat out did not care....I remember there was a poster there that went by something like IHateBlacks or something and nothing was done about it so I just got fed up and left.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
oh my lord the rush of history that i just read through from so many different points of view. most remember me as jerry on the dmn, then again most remember me as the bulldog that just couldn't quit arguing with graney. and many probably remember me with words that can't be used in here. >g<

i think i hit the dmn right after broncobabe and the death threats forced a shut down and overhaul. i never really had a problem with ebutch other than he didn't care about anything other than instant order. for those of us who put up with an ever shrinking "usable area" and weren't the ads even taking over the speakers for a bit? well, for those of us who fought through the garbage to keep things moving, it was a slap in the face and void of logic. the 2nd one bothers me more at times.

whack factor 5, excuse me taco bell is calling! dutch girl - scott definately is an online presence that gets everyones attention and the things that go through his mind alone would be worth more than paying to go watch a movie. especially these days. it was brought up earlier in the thread how scott was warned for his off-color humor in here and hey, a lot of times i wear that same color that's gotten me in trouble here also. that and i shoot off when i should shut up sometimes.

in the end the vast majority of us found another home away from dmn. some built it for all, some built it for the ones we knew we could get along with. or at least thought so at the time. :) many just wanted a sane place to talk w/o all the <insert word of choice here> that tends to go along with being online.

i see a lot of faces (uh...names) in here i miss talking to but i just don't have enough time to keep active in so many forums. i think we all have that problem. so we find a home, stake our claim, and dive in.

yea, i miss scotts postings also. laststory.com he just doens't have time for anymore so i can't get a regular fix of his unique, definately PC means something else, writing. i'll have to admit i probably post a bit less just because i'm not bantering back and forth with him at times stirring things up.

great thread all. a lot of great memories and a lot of great friends are just a website away.

(thanks, hos)

lockster

Reaction score
awe qcard=charles and iceberg=jerry atleast I now know who some of u really are lol.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Interesting read. Some of you have been posting for quite some time. I am relative newbie for the most part, I have only been doing this for about 2 1/2 years.

I used to post regularly on another board that flies under the radar. A very good board with some very insightful posters, but not much in the way of traffic. I still post over there occasionally, but it went down for awhile and I needed a Cowboys fix. I landed here.

I really see no need to go anywhere else. Knowledgeable fans, a nice forum with good features, and mods that will allow you discuss things passionately but make sure things don't get out of hand.

Its amazing to me that a football team can unite so many different people from so many different locations and ages in one place.

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
I hope nobody minds me resurrecting this one.

I didn't spend a lot of time over at the DMN forum, and I seem to remember it was the slowest board on the net long before ebutcher and the shrinking and the ads...

My first forum (its like talking about losing your virginity, ain't it?) was the old Austin360 bulletin board. That place went down the tubes a long time ago. Some skins fan starting posting the same 1,000 word rant on there over and over and over again, so they limited the post size to about 25 words to beat that. But there were no threads, no user registration, just a total free-for-all. It was nice for a year or so, though. Does anybody remember Regi-Star?

Status
Not open for further replies.