CFZ Dallas Offense 2021 Stats analysis

shabazz

Reaction score
he has been lucky with some errant throws that could cost games...luck will run out at some point. in the vikings game, the pass to Cooper on the sideline should have been intercepted as the Vikings player had it in his hands and bounced up right into cooper. against cinci he had to throws dropped by their secondary and yesterday two interceptions called back because of penalties.

plus, he has played against lesser competition, defense and commitment to run has helped. once there is more tape on him, DCs will figure out the weaknesses. there just hasn't been enough tape....

one thing though, he sees the field pretty good, and makes some good decisions.

……much of that is true. That’s why he was scouted so low, it’s also why he shouldn’t get 40 million dollars a year. However, we have to be fair and see a lot bigger sample size to see if his poise, acumen and divisiveness can overcome the same physical deficiencies that NFL scouts pointed out.

if by some miracle the FO decided to make him a starter, he would need a ton of talent around him and I’d be the first to point out if they overpaid him…..

never overpay for mediocrity or it will result in 3 playoff wins in 22 years.

GINeric

Reaction score
From what I remember, they didn't play with the "playoff" team roster on the field in the 2nd game. I could be wrong.

But I am sure there were other NFL offenses that played against "less than complete" teams so for an accurate analysis, all the NFL games have to be reviewed to determine those cases. Otherwise, the Philly game should be included. But based on some of the responses above, including it would change the numbers in a way that doesn't favor the OPs "analysis", otherwise it would have been left in.

Hey... we went out there and did what we were supposed to do!! If we would have struggled against them, then that would have been a whole other BS narrative used.

pete026

Reaction score
Hey... we went out there and did what we were supposed to do!! If we would have struggled against them, then that would have been a whole other BS narrative used.
You are arguing with the wrong guy.

But you would have to read all my posts in this thread to understand that. It was a longer discussion then the one sentence you originally replied to. I said it should be included unless someone goes through all the games in 2021 season and evaluates each team's game strategy in regards to limiting play of starters. Then blowout games play into a statistical analysis of PPG also. It turns into a bunch of rabbit holes for this thread's specific analysis.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Those are 13 games listed based on your reference to 2016.

In 3 full games of 2022 Rush has thrown for the following:

235 yards 1 TD
215 yards 1 TD
223 yards 2 TD's

So in 3 games Rush has averaged 224 yards and 1.33 TD's a game. So that is 25 yards and .36 td's a game difference....which really isn't much.

Don’t know why you keep trying to compare Dak’s first few games in 2016 with Cooper Rush this season. Dak was much better and we had a much better offensive team in 2016. That team wasn’t having to settle for near as many FG’s as this team, which led to more points. Our defense wasn’t near as good in 2016 as it is this season. As I keep saying we’re winning games with our defense and our kicker. Brett Maher accounted for 12 points yesterday. Rush tossed a couple of picks that were negated due to penalties. That made a huge impact on the game. No way would we have won our last three games had our defense not played as well as it has.