Dallas Players in Kansas City

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I can't help noticing how good our ex-Cowboys have played for Kansas City.

Damien Wilson made some good tackles and had a pass breakup.

Anthony Hitchens is their leading tackler. He had a tackle for a loss on a screen play. He seems to be their QB on defense.

Taco had a sack tonight. He now has 2 for the season.

I also wish we could have both safeties of theirs, Juan Thornhill and Honey Badger. I'm upset that we could have gotten Juan Thornhill instead of Trysten Hill.

This is what happens when you entrust non-football players to run this team. I'm talking about Jerry and Stephen.

What are you guys thoughts?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Kansas City makes it scheme based off its players. Not the other way around.

Dallas forces players to fit into a scheme that more often than not, does not fit the players. That’s why we consistently fail, and that’s why teams like KC, Ravens, Packers, even the Rams, Seahawks, and Steelers, are successful every year. Until Dallas learns this, we won’t reach the ultimate goal.

kwcool619

Reaction score

Anthony Hitchens is their leading tackler. He had a tackle for a loss on a screen play. He seems to be their QB on defense.

I also wish we could have both safeties of theirs, Juan Thornhill and Honey Badger. I'm upset that we could have gotten Juan Thornhill instead of Trysten Hill.

This is what happens when you entrust non-football players to run this team. I'm talking about Jerry and Stephen.

My ongoing complaint is that the Jones family needs to hire a football savvy GM/Director of Player personnel. Why are these players succeeding on other teams? Maybe it is the atmosphere. Maybe they are being coached up sonewhere else? Why do we constantly draft players who were injury prone in college?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
My ongoing complaint is that the Jones family needs to hire a football savvy GM/Director of Player personnel. Why are these players succeeding on other teams? Maybe it is the atmosphere. Maybe they are being coached up sonewhere else? Why do we constantly draft players who were injury prone in college?

I was listening to the announcers and they were ecstatic to have Hitchens. They said that his a perfect fit for their defense and its no surprise that he is succeeding there.

They also knew that Maholmes was going to be a star and traded up to get him.

I always thought Hitchens wasn't worth the contract and Maholmes was just another QB with a strong arm. Boy was I wrong.

The Chiefs is a well-oiled pro football machine. Everything is pieced well together. Dallas is still a jigsaw puzzle scattered into pieces.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I was listening to the announcers and they were ecstatic to have Hitchens. They said that his a perfect fit for their defense and its no surprise that he is succeeding there.

I always thought Hitchens wasn't worth the contract and Maholmes was just another QB with a strong arm. Boy was I wrong.

The Chiefs is a well-oiled pro football machine. Everything is pieced well together. Dallas is still a jigsaw puzzle scattered into pieces.

Dallas isn’t even a puzzle scattered into pieces, we are way worse off than that.
Dallas is like trying to put together a shattered glass table piece by piece in the pouring rain with a F-5 tornado 3 miles away.

kwcool619

Reaction score

I watched a couple of games on TV when Mahomes was at Texas Tech under Mike Leach. It was like watching a Madden 2000 video game. Dude was ridiculous. Seems like all Texas Tech QBs put up crazy numbers.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Taco with more sacks than D-Law.

Chevarious Ward (however you spell it) was also on our team but we cut him for some reason- probably because his draft pedigree was non existent or he wasn’t a “Garrett guy.”

no idea how he is doing this year but I remember reading that he was having a good year last year. He had two interceptions which would have made him a superstar here.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

I noticed a couple on New Orleans as well

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Yes.

The issue here has been our philosophy of roster building.

It has been the same one since Jones and Jimster took over.

Defense is secondary to offense. I pointed this out in another thread that our cap is grossly out of balance. Our offense is double the defense's share.

We draft defense then keep them on their base contract and if they improve we let them walk saying they are unaffordable.

This is why those guys are in KC.

Last year Byron Jones left as did Quinn. They wanted to be paid what they were worth on the open market. We would not pay so they left.

We were not going to pay becuz the offense holds all the cap.

Imagine. Right now we are hurting at DL and CB and Lber. Had we retained them..the defense would be playing much better.

Taco is another example. Obviously Marinelli screwed him up like he did with Trysan Hill. Taco was a #1 pick for us. Now we changed DC and Hill is starting to produce.

We have been screwed up for years now. Many have criticized how we play this game of roster building but get shut up when the team suddenly wins but then crashes the next season.

We do it to ourselves.

The Cowboys as an organization trade on success from 25 years ago. People can see the desperation of the franchise seeing the massive changes now.

Shortly this franchise will admit we are rebuilding and not contenders. No surprise there. The team had no time to put the changes needed into motion in 2020.

So right now the biggest thing to decide is Dak and his contract. We cannot afford him. We have to let him go and take his money all $35 million and rebuild the defense.

If we plow it back into the offense..we are cooked going forward. Play Dalton next year at an affordable price. Look for another QB in the draft or FA.

I would think we can trade one of our WRs for a high pick. Add it to the one we will have from this year which will be in the top 5 and draft.

Aldon Smith needs to be resigned. If ET is available sign him.

But whatever happens..we have a lot more to do.

This is our reality.

John813

Reaction score

Chevarious Ward (however you spell it) was also on our team but we cut him for some reason- probably because his draft pedigree was non existent or he wasn’t a “Garrett guy.”

no idea how he is doing this year but I remember reading that he was having a good year last year. He had two interceptions which would have made him a superstar here.

We traded him to KC for Parker Ehinger.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not so sure the same players would perform the same in different environments.

Coaching and/or scheme has a lot to do with it.

Jerry, on the other hand, doesnt agree. He thinks coaching is no big deal, and anyone could do it, including him.

That's a large part of the Dallas dysfunction.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

We actually traded ward to them, after ward flashed in canp and had our only int in preseason, for a backup guard that was cut like 3 weeks later. Even worse lol

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't looked at every roster but I would think that every team has guys from other teams. I bet if you look at some of the lousy teams, you will find former Cowboys and former players from other teams.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

That quarterback makes it go. Teams are pressured to score as much as possible. They could have cared less about the Ravens running the football. It is laughable that the players voted Jackson the best player and Mahomes the 4th. If we traded defenses with the Chiefs, I bet they would still be undefeated and we would be 1-2.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
fair questions. I would just caution that everyone plays better when a team is rolling. Everyone gets energized and doesn't want to be the weak link. When things aren't going well, they lose energy & overthink rather than play.

when you have an almost limitless qb like Mahomes, fastest player in the NFL, and maybe the best TE in the league paired with an experienced, innovative coach .... wow. as they say a rising TD lifts all ships. not taking anything away from their defense but that offense gives them a luxury others don't have.