Dallas playing Packers on NFL network, nothing wrong with Romo's back there

jubal

Reaction score
Will be showing Cowboys games until this afternoon if you need a football fix.
I was wondering how long Romo hadn't been airing it out because of his back.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it happened this year, it was probably in the DET game when Fairly crushed him.

I'm not sure he was hurt, though. I think they mostly reined in the dangerous throws at the same time they emphasized the importance of takeaways. Ball control is really that important.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...and have a relapse of cussing Jason Garrett's name for not running the ball more during the second half?

No thank you.

FiveRings

Reaction score
Right, because that is how I want to remember this season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The reason Romo wasn't airing it out is because the Cowboys were trying to keep his int's down. He tied his career high with 19 int's in 2012 and had several multiple int games including 3 picks during the season finale vs Washington. The Cowboys had him attempting more high percentage passes which brought his int's down to 10 in 2013 but it also brought his average pass attempt down to a career low 7.1.

NJ22

Reaction score
I was wondering how long Romo hadn't been airing it out because of his back.

lol I would have watched if ONE of them were a win! Packers, Lions..no thanks watching those games once was sickening enough. Those 2 games may be the best indicator of Garrett's coaching on display..

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
lol I would have watched if ONE of them were a win! Packers, Lions..no thanks watching those games once was sickening enough. Those 2 games may be the best indicator of Garrett's coaching on display..

Sad thing is there is not a single game they could show where the Cowboys actually beat a playoff participant or even another contender to counteract that.

But we have that stadium and a moral victory over the Super Bowl runner up to show for 2013. That should be good enough.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Im good on rewatching dallas fails. There'll be a whole new season of fails come september!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sad thing is there is not a single game they could show where the Cowboys actually beat a playoff participant or even another contender to counteract that.

But we have that stadium and a moral victory over the Super Bowl runner up to show for 2013. That should be good enough.

This post is aimed at all of you who thought last season was 'good enough.' You probably know who you are. I don't have a clue, but you probably know in your heart if you feel this way.

Alexander

Reaction score
This post is aimed at all of you who thought last season was 'good enough.' You probably know who you are. I don't have a clue, but you probably know in your heart if you feel this way.

If anyone considers the injuries an excuse, and there is the belief that the team "overachieved", then that is exactly who it is aimed at.

remdak

Reaction score

They could have showed the first Philly game vs Dallas. The Cowboys one victory over a winning team.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If anyone considers the injuries an excuse, and there is the belief that the team "overachieved", then that is exactly who it is aimed at.

There's no crying in Football so there are no excuses. I haven't seen one person forgive the teams' lack of success because of injuries. But to think they aren't causally related to it is foolish and is a great example of all or nothing thinking.

Alexander

Reaction score
There's no crying in Football so there are no excuses. I haven't seen one person forgive the teams' lack of success because of injuries. But to think they aren't causally related to it is foolish and is a great example of all or nothing thinking.

Of course the injuries were a partial reason why the mediocrity continued. But injuries did not cause the numerous playcalling gaffes, poor time management and inadequate preparation. In other words, even with the injuries, we did enough to lose regardless.

Cmac

Reaction score
its really embarrassing how these games were lost....Detroit game on now.

Alexander

Reaction score
its really embarrassing how these games were lost....Detroit game on now.

Hey, those kinds of bad luck things happen all the time, every Sunday, to nearly every team. Or so I heard.