Twitter: Dallas rejects trade offers for LVE

Creeper

Reaction score
You Jaylon Smith haters crack me up. The Cowboys are only worried about 2021. The only linebackers that are in the long term plans are Parsons and Cox. It looks like Parsons is the only linebacker that will be on the field for the majority of the snaps because he seems to be getting reps at multiple linebackers positions. LVE and Neal will share the Will while Jaylon plays the Sam and Mike. This should benefit them all because their snaps will be closer to 50% instead of 90%. I want them all to succeed. We should worry about 2022 next season.

I never understood this word "hater" when applied to players on the Cowboys. The goal of any team is to get better than they were last season. That means some players have to be replaced by better players. The decision to switch one player out for another is not an emotional decision. It is a business decision. Given the CAP, the team record, and frankly, Jaylon's play in 2020, I don't think someone needs to "hate" Jaylon to see his future is limited in Dallas. There are reports the Cowboys have already tried to trade him - reports they have not denied to my knowledge. Of note, they did deny they wanted to trade LVE.

My post was simply an observation about the future of the Cowboys at LB. There is no chance they keep LVE and Jaylon Smith with Parsons and Cox for the next 3 years. The Cowboys are projected to be $19 million over the CAP in 2022. They can save about $5 million letting Jaylon go after 2021. Unless Jaylon makes a miraculous turn around in 2021, I don't see how Dallas holds on to him when the season is over. Again, I don't hate Jaylon. It is based purely on his play and the Cowboys circumstances.

I don't hate any players on the Cowboys. I am sure they are all good guys who worked hard their entire lives to make it to the NFL. But the goal is to win and this group is not getting it done so some guys may have to be replaced by new players.