Dallas should explore Dak trade value

Wood

Reaction score
After Stephan comments about Dak needing to sign team friendly deal and Dak on record as saying there will be no discount...an impasse is coming. Rather than get into issue of is Dak good or not, what could Cowboy get in trade if long term deal can't be agreed upon.

Note:
Denver received TWO 1st & 3rd for Jay Cutler
Cincy received 1st & 2nd for Carson Palmer
Eagles received 1st & 4th round pick for Sam Bradford.

If your Stephan, what would you need back in trade?

Note: this is not to get into large debate about if Dallas should or shouldn't do this but merely an exercise in what you think his current trade value is.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Daks ceiling may not be as high as elite but I don't think he's hit it yet. I would rather build around him if possible. I'm not sure you can assess a value on having to hit the reset button with the hopes of getting back to an eclipsing this point of competitiveness.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
yeah lets trade the qb the team has invested 3 years in while drafting and signing all this talent around him. Great idea, you are a genius.
It would seem a rationale person would look at investing a 4th and minimal dollars and getting back a haul that includes a first and then some is good business.

Especially for a player that is limited.

Knotamus

Reaction score
The only people that would suggest trading Dak at this point in his career are those that just don’t think Dak is special. It’s disrespectful imo.

I’m from Mississippi and I was ecstatic that Dallas drafted Dak, exp late in the 4th round. I knew he would be great value at that spot. Although, I assumed he would sit behind Romo for a couple of years and be atleast a serviceable backup, as I really didn’t know how he would fair at the NFL level. That said, Dak was thrown to the wolves his rookie season and surprised even the most pessimistic fan. I must admit, I have had doubts myself..And yes, he has his warts as a young player..but at his age, he’s done as much as any other young QB to prove himself in this league.

Folks can spout off statistics all they want. All I know.. is two out of the three years he’s been our starter he’s brought our Boys to the playoffs. The fact that some are still advocating we trade him for unknown draft picks is just plain disrespectful. The kid is young, mature, a gamer, and most of all.. a winner. I’m done.

.. maybe I’m not done. I find it hilarious. I would place a wager that some on this site would prob trade for Carson Wentz and never say the derogatory things ab him as they have ab Dak. Even though, Wentz hasn’t accomplished what Dak has. As a matter of fact, it took journeyman Foles to give Philly their first title. Smh.

Last edited:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Who is Stephan?

Stephan Urquelle?

jwhite_pimp_400x400.jpg

GenoT

Reaction score
After Stephan comments about Dak needing to sign team friendly deal and Dak on record as saying there will be no discount...an impasse is coming. Rather than get into issue of is Dak good or not, what could Cowboy get in trade if long term deal can't be agreed upon.

Note:
Denver received TWO 1st & 3rd for Jay Cutler
Cincy received 1st & 2nd for Carson Palmer
Eagles received 1st & 4th round pick for Sam Bradford.

If your Stephan, what would you need back in trade?

Note: this is not to get into large debate about if Dallas should or shouldn't do this but merely an exercise in what you think his current trade value is.

Mere words cannot, therefore...

:facepalm::muttley::laugh::lmao::lmao2::huh::facepalm:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think his trade value is hard to gauge.

First, he's starting out as a fourth-round pick. That doesn't automatically devalue him but it is different than trading a player you invested a first-round pick into.

Second, he leads a run-heavy offense that relies less on the passing game than many other NFL offenses. So as a GM, you have to project how well he would do in a pass-heavy scheme.

Third, he's been up and down. He set the bar high as a rookie, then brought it down his second season, especially when the main cog in the running game was out, where it was hard to figure out if he was a franchise QB. Then, he began last season similarly before putting himself back in the conversation after we acquired Cooper.

I don't know if I'd give up more than an early second for him. However, teams are usually more desperate when it comes to acquiring QBs, with the best each year in the draft being taken earlier than they should, so I would think GMs would be at least willing to part with a mid- to late first-rounder for him.

I can't see at this point him being worth more than one first-round pick, but considering some of the QBs who have drawn teams first-round compensation, I could be wrong about that.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
First off no way you trade away your franchise QB that hasnt hit his prime yet but for the silly Dak haters i will say Dak would get 3 first round picks minimal. I would would take Baker Mayfield and a first and third this year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
BTW, based on the responses, I'm not sure many of you are actually reading the OP's thread. He's not saying that we should trade Dak, but rather asking what we think his trade value would be.

I think sometimes we just read the title of the post (which wasn't the best way to introduce this as just an exercise) and make assumptions off that instead of actually reading the post.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think his trade value is hard to gauge.

First, he's starting out as a fourth-round pick. That doesn't automatically devalue him but it is different than trading a player you invested a first-round pick into.

Second, he leads a run-heavy offense that relies less on the passing game than many other NFL offenses. So as a GM, you have to project how well he would do in a pass-heavy scheme.

Third, he's been up and down. He set the bar high as a rookie, then brought it down his second season, especially when the main cog in the running game was out, where it was hard to figure out if he was a franchise QB. Then, he began last season similarly before putting himself back in the conversation after we acquired Cooper.

I don't know if I'd give up more than an early second for him. However, teams are usually more desperate when it comes to acquiring QBs, with the best each year in the draft being taken earlier than they should, so I would think GMs would be at least willing to part with a mid- to late first-rounder for him.

I can't see at this point him being worth more than one first-round pick, but considering some of the QBs who have drawn teams first-round compensation, I could be wrong about that.
You are wrong about that. Dak has shown he can go over 300 yards and even over 400 yards. Of course teams would love to give up a second for a franchise QB making pennies right now and is the second most winning QB only to Brady but he will bring much more than that. 2 to 3 first rounders is more close.

Flamma

Reaction score

Before you ask this question, ask yourself what team is looking for a starting QB? After all, they are the one's that would trade the picks, right? The Giants, Bengals, and Dolphins. Miami is tanking for a high pick and starting QB next season, mark them off. The Giants will probably pick up a QB in the draft or trade for Rosen if Arizona picks Murray. We're left with the Bengals and their 11th pick. Maybe even Denver might be interested. But there isn't a lot of landing spots so I doubt we'd get anything near good considering the market at this moment.