Dallas should rescind the franchise tag and let Dak walk

JoaquinFenix

Reaction score
LOL
I’m just popping in to point out that OP is seriously suggesting that 28 of 32 NFL teams have a “franchise quarterback”. LOL.
In this exercise, a franchise QB can be either a star player or a high draft pick on whom the team is not yet willing to give up. For example, the jury is still out on Dwayne Haskins, but the Commanders aren’t going to dump him in favor of Dak. If you disagree, name the other teams.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They could be planning on tagging Dak for 2020 and 2021.

by then they have a clearer picture on his replacement.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dak pumpers after Dak holds out and gets traded:

iu

shabazz

Reaction score
We people say we have one of the dumbest fanbases in the league.......we are definitely top 5 for sure. Pains me to say it but its true.

It’s not true, and it definitely doesn’t pain you to assert it either.

Dak gambled on himself and lost. No monster contract and now 2 Qb’s recently added.

GMO415

Reaction score
We sign the Red Rifle and people lost their minds.

JoaquinFenix

Reaction score
I love Dalton as a Horned Frog, but anyone who thinks he’s better than Dak is nuts.

Daks contract will get done on July 15 just like Dez did in 2015.

Daks leverage is just the same because his agent will say “you want to roll with Dalton as the starter and then draft one next year, you can say goodbye to any super bowl hopes for at least 3 years”

This teams defense isn’t good enough to have Dalton as the starter win more than 7-8 games
You’re missing the point. I never claimed Dalton was better than Prescott. Oh, and by the way, the Cowboys won 8 games last year with Prescott.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s not true, and it definitely doesn’t pain you to assert it either.
Definitely top 5. Well top 5 online anyway. Eagles and Cowboys will say some of the dumbest things you'll ever see. I'd give the Eagles the edge after they won a Super Bowl they proceeded to literally eat crap off the streets....so for that alone I'll give them the edge.

shabazz

Reaction score
That’s kinda one of the points here. The Patriots aren’t a realistic option because they lack the cap space to sign Prescott.

Plus they have a high bar for paying any player elite money,.......the player actually has to be elite

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You’re missing the point. I never claimed Dalton was better than Prescott. Oh, and by the way, the Cowboys won 8 games last year with Prescott.
With Garrett..........

I’m with you. Those who dismiss the Cowboys using leverage to their advantage definitely constitute a dumb fan base. Super embarrassing.
The dumb part is thinking Andy Dalton gives us or anyone leverage.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's a good chance Dalton fares better than he did with Cincy.

Having much better overall support means a lot.

He's likely considerably better than Rush.

That's who he'd replace, not Dak.

Last edited: