Dallas should sign Matt Cassel

LRcowboy Fan

Reaction score
He will be an unrestricted free agent if I am not mistaken. I think might light a fire under Romo if he had some legit competition for the job, and Cassel would be a solid backup if Tony won the job. Just a thought. Maybe I am crazy.

:)

EndGame

Reaction score
To do what? Do you think Matt Cassell is going to sign someplace where he'll be the backup, or even where he'll have to fight an entrenched starter? I think we all know the answer to that one.

And, yes ... you are crazy.

Reaction score
LRcowboy Fan;2517515 said:
He will be an unrestricted free agent if I am not mistaken. I think might light a fire under Romo if he had some legit competition for the job, and Cassel would be a solid backup if Tony won the job. Just a thought. Maybe I am crazy.

Cassel will be tagged! They are not sure if Brady will be ready by the beginning of the season, next year.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
He has a stronger arm than our 'gunslinger'. But he will go somewhere and get a nice deal. Tampa Bay, Minny, Chicago, etc will all be in the running for a starting QB.

EndGame

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2517521 said:
Cassel will be tagged! They are not sure if Brady will be ready by the beginning of the season, next year.
Hmmm ... you might have a point there. Brady probably won't be anywhere near 100% at the start of the season, and he'll surely miss every bit of training camp.

ndanger

Reaction score
Yep Cassell would love to go back to being a back-up. I'm sure he's not looking for any reward for playing better than a lot of starters, just like I'm sure no team needing a starter would consider offering him starter money.

grp05

Reaction score
Romo will be our starter for a long time, whether anyone likes it or not. Jerry and Co. will focus on getting a QB that won't lose the game, rather than one that can win it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2517521 said:

There is no way they are tagging Cassell. Thats all they need. Two QBs making $10M+ a year!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I won a bet. I won a bet.

Bet my friend someone would suggest him. Hey, he's the flavor of the month.

LRcowboy Fan

Reaction score
Man you guys are viscious. Well, it is obvious we need a backup QB so which direction should we go? Kurt Warner, Derek Anderson?

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
LRcowboy Fan;2517515 said:

RIDICULOUS

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LRcowboy Fan;2517545 said:
Man you guys are viscious. Well, it is obvious we need a backup QB so which direction should we go? Kurt Warner, Derek Anderson?
These responses were vicious?

Oy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LRcowboy Fan;2517558 said:
That was said tongue in cheek. Sheesh.
Good to know. You never can tell.

I won breakfast off the thread so I'm not complaining.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
I love this board.

We have one of the best young QB's in the league. One of the highest rated passers who has thrown 25 TD's already this season (missed two games), and they are looking to replace him. Unbelievable.

Forgive me if I stick by Tony Romo some. I think he deserves it.

Bull Frog

Reaction score
I agree. This guy may be the next Scott Mitchell. Better yet, we should sign Brady as Romo's backup because obviously he's gone.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
He has a lot of weapons in New England. He won't have Moss and Welker where ever he goes next year. I'm not saying he is going to suck, but don't expect him to be throwing for 400+ yards several times a year somewhere else. Remember, he was beat out by Leinart, and we see were Leinart is right now. Of course he lost his job to an MVP, but he wasn't exactly lighting it up.

Reaction score
PLease close this thread. 1. Hey may well just get tagged by the Patties, 10 mil or not due the complications of his surgery. and he aint gonna be a backup

2. Romo is a good qb but he needs a Mike Holmgren or Big Tuna to ride his BUTT and hold him accountable for stupid decisions. Just like his idol FARVE.

He plays just like Farve, He makes u say "WOW how did he do that" of "WOW WHY did he do that". He's our QB so hope he gets a discipline type coach that will get on that ___Butt. Not a Buddy in RED.