Dallas should sign Matt Cassel

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
LRcowboy Fan;2517515 said:
He will be an unrestricted free agent if I am not mistaken. I think might light a fire under Romo if he had some legit competition for the job, and Cassel would be a solid backup if Tony won the job. Just a thought. Maybe I am crazy.

:)

Yeah, lets sign another QB to a mega deal just to be "competition"

This guys gonna get a huge deal to start somewhere, he isnt going to sign some bargain basement deal here to be a backup.

Boston Cowboy

Reaction score
Amazing what a system can do for a guy who hadn't started a game since high school. Cassel was "this" close to getting cut during training camp. He hadn't shown much in preseason and the coaches thought they had better in the depth charts. Not sure why he was kept, but the fans up here are glad...kind of. They are aware that he is a product of the system. The coaches have done an amazing job of limiting his mistakes by developing game plans that allow him to dink and dunk. That's why Welker and Faulk are the go to guys for Cassel. They run the short to intermediate routes that are easy for Cassel to hit.

Again, it's the coaches and the system. If we had an o-coord who was creative and smart enough to change the gameplan week to week and effectively utilize the talent on offense, you wouldn't be creating asinine threads about signing the flavor of the month. Garrett seems to be a one trick pony - long out routes that Tony rarely hits and shotgun draws that are becoming stale and obvious.

Please lock this thread!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
LRcowboy Fan;2517515 said:
He will be an unrestricted free agent if I am not mistaken. I think might light a fire under Romo if he had some legit competition for the job, and Cassel would be a solid backup if Tony won the job. Just a thought. Maybe I am crazy.

:)

Yeah you're crazy and obviously don't realise that Cassel is going to get a friggen enormous deal so your plan would be to have two HUGE QB contracts eating up our cap space?

Yep. Crazy.

djmajestik

Reaction score
LRcowboy Fan;2517545 said:
Man you guys are viscious. Well, it is obvious we need a backup QB so which direction should we go? Kurt Warner, Derek Anderson?

Code:
Definitions of viscous on the Web:

syrupy: having a relatively high resistance to flow

So basically, you guys are a bit syrupy, but resistant to flow. Nice. :lmao2:

djmajestik

Reaction score
LRcowboy Fan;2517558 said:
That was said tongue in cheek. Sheesh.

When I first glanced at this, I thought you said tongue in Sheik. Man, that's gross. Then I re-read it! :D

grp05

Reaction score
jord1242;2517675 said:
Code:
Definitions of viscous on the Web:

syrupy: having a relatively high resistance to flow
So basically, you guys are a bit syrupy, but resistant to flow. Nice. :lmao2:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you for an "i" when you entered it into the dictionary. Not even a word to begin with, I know. Maybe he meant an angry syrup.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Don't get too excited...unless some veteran backup becomes suddenly available and is a perfect fit, the Cowboys are going with Bollinger at #2 and will draft a young #3 to groom on day 2....I hope it's one of the new breed of QBs who are known more for their running than their passing.

Those guys make great backup QB's because they can avoid the rush and find the open guy...they just usually aren't accurate or refined enough to become full time starters.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Matt Cassel would be a sitting duck behind our offensive line.

bysbox1

Reaction score
88 enough said;2517576 said:
PLease close this thread. 1. Hey may well just get tagged by the Patties, 10 mil or not due the complications of his surgery. and he aint gonna be a backup

2. Romo is a good qb but he needs a Mike Holmgren or Big Tuna to ride his BUTT and hold him accountable for stupid decisions. Just like his idol FARVE.

He plays just like Farve, He makes u say "WOW how did he do that" of "WOW WHY did he do that". He's our QB so hope he gets a discipline type coach that will get on that ___Butt. Not a Buddy in RED.

I agree. I know I sound negative about the guy, but I don't want to get rid of him. I just want a qb coach or a coordinator who will hold him accountable when he makes that dumb throw.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Matt Cassel's going to try and go somewhere to start if he doesn't stay in New England, but if we had him as our backup you figure we win at least the St. Louis game, maybe not the Giants game with all the players we still had out on defense.

He won't come here though. He'll be looking for a starting job. Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, New York Jets come to mind.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
casmith07;2517784 said:
Matt Cassel's going to try and go somewhere to start if he doesn't stay in New England, but if we had him as our backup you figure we win at least the St. Louis game, maybe not the Giants game with all the players we still had out on defense.

He won't come here though. He'll be looking for a starting job. Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, New York Jets come to mind.

2 words...

Salary

Cap

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile;2517552 said:
These responses were vicious?

Oy.

Whoa there bub.....don't be stealing my "Oy"....what's next from you, "On the nosey"???

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2517785 said:
That "vicious" comment stumped me too.

If he wants vicious...

:D

Yes...someone toss a throw pillow to the big ogre...

Yo Mikey.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
EndGame;2517520 said:
To do what? Do you think Matt Cassell is going to sign someplace where he'll be the backup, or even where he'll have to fight an entrenched starter? I think we all know the answer to that one.

And, yes ... you are crazy.

:laugh2:

awesome

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;2517793 said:
Yes...someone toss a throw pillow to the big ogre...

Yo Mikey.

How ya doin John? :)

Between the cold and the Cowboys again coming up small... It's been a harsh few days.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2517838 said:

Between the cold and the Cowboys again coming up small... It's been a harsh few days.

get outta here, kid. ya bother me. :cool:

djmajestik

Reaction score
grp05;2517679 said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you for an "i" when you entered it into the dictionary. Not even a word to begin with, I know. Maybe he meant an angry syrup.

Nice. I am having a pretty stupid day today to begin with. Might be all the brain cells that died Sun morning (yes, I was watching the game at around 4 am on Sun).

At least they didn't die in vain!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2517838 said:

Yep.

I don't know what the experience is for other team's fans...but somehow, this team just seems to lose in ways that are beyond the norm.

I'd use the "choke" word...but it brings back too many memories of the Don Meredith days...