Dallas should trade 2nd round pick for Darius Slay

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Mississippi State produces some dawgs for the NFL and Slay is the perfect CB to fix this defense's biggest issue TURNOVERS!

He also ran 4.36 40 yard at the combine!

Some notable Dawgs from MSSTATE:
Dak Prescott
Fletch Cox
Chris Jones
Preston Smith
Darius Slay
K.J. Wright
etc etc

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Mississippi State produces some dawgs for the NFL and Slay is the perfect CB to fix this defense's biggest issue TURNOVERS!

Dak Prescott
Fletch Cox
Chris Jones
Preston Smith
Darius Slay
K.J. Wright
etc etc

Nope.

If monster DT Javon Kinlaw is gone by the time the Cowboys are up at #17...

Trade down several spots into the mid 20s and either get an extra 2nd round pick or an extra 3rd and 4th.

Then use that mid-20s 1st round pick on TCU CB Jeff Gladney.

John813

Reaction score
He wants a new contract now.

The pace this front office gets deals done is anything but quick.

I doubt he still runs a 4.36 but is still athletically sound . Rather just keep Jones than give up a 2and and a bi contract

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
He wants a new contract now.

The pace this front office gets deals done is anything but quick.

I doubt he still runs a 4.36 but is still athletically sound . Rather just keep Jones than give up a 2and and a bi contract

NFL conditioning got him running 4.3 flat now.
Cowboys have +/- 90 million in cap space the contract can be worked out especially if FO isn’t planning on extending majority of their FA.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he has had quite a few injuries the past few years. Missing from 1 to 4 games here and there.
Price too high, and as someone said, just bring back Jones instead.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Cowboys have +/- 90 million in cap space the contract can be worked out especially if FO isn’t planning on extending majority of their FA.

cowboys have 77m$ in cap space and dak will be taking up a lot of that

visionary

Reaction score

Dak Prescott
Fletch Cox
Chris Jones
Preston Smith
Darius Slay
K.J. Wright
etc etc

our fans do come up with the stupidest ideas

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ask yourself why would a D minded HC be willing to part with one of his best players? Might he have learned something from his former HC?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trading picks for guys almost out of their contract is stupid. We gave a 1st for 1.5 years of coop. Regardless if he signs here or not it's a steep price. The whole point of a pick is to get talent for cheap. Cooper isn't giving us a discount because we used a 1st to aquire him and slay wouldn't either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have to be honest....I don't get to see him play much so forgive my ignorance but the little I've seen from Slay......I never got the hype. I'd like him on a decent deal but he's regarded as a good quarterback sort of like Joe Haden when he was in Cleveland. But I'm not sure if Slay is a #1 on a great defense.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

You ever think about teaming up with Adam Sandler for a buddy comedy? Cause your posts are great for laughs.