Signed by Cowboys Dallas signs RB Ronald Jones

Mannix

Reaction score
Googled him…read several articles and fan comments on him…99% of them bad…benched numerous times….can’t block….cost the Bucs a game running out of bounds short of the 1st down marker…can’t catch well out of the backfield, etc. I noticed on a 3:00 highlight clip that 90% of his runs were to the right side, and the two runs that swept to the left he neglected to change hands with the ball leaving it totally vulnerable….I don’t like the acquisition.

starfan1

Reaction score
You really believed we were trading into the top 10‐14 for a RB?
I know I don’t believe the cowboys will trade up but I will say that I’ve looked at approximately 50 mocks and only a handful have Robinson going that high. I think that Robinson will go anywhere between between 15-25 but am unsure he falls to us. That’s ok we can still get a RB in our top 3 picks. We need a guard first imo

LittleD

Reaction score
Jerry tagged Tony because he is betting Tony will recover from the freak injury.

Most teams will not.

Also, it is a form of charity and reward.

If Tony doesn’t recover, at least he has the 10 million.
10million on the cap is way too much charity for a RB. If he won't sign a long term deal for 6mil per year or so, let him test the market. Prudent managing and the ability to
sign other players.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
False not my theory just repeating what the experts here say
no, the opinions of others here are not saying just trade your first three round draft picks for fourth rounders and beyond, that's only your perceived opinion.......The Fact is in today's NFL, running backs aren't viewed as a premier pick anymore especially in a draft that's deep in running backs..Just review that running backs and where they were selected in recent Superbowls...Selecting a running back fourth overall or in the first round in a draft just isn't a smart move, Dallas shouldn't have selected Zeke in the first round, Dallas compounded that mistake by then giving him a massive long term deal that ended up being an albatross around the clubs neck which some of us pointed out would happen...You can get good running backs in the third round on, Murray and Barber as examples, you just don't resign them to long term deals, just go get another one in the draft..

jcollins28

Reaction score
Another SC running back that didn’t live up to the hype. I don’t see the reasoning or value in bring in a JAG like Jones.

Big_D

Reaction score
This is exactly what it is

Dude got benched so many times under Bruce Arians and was an after thought in KC last year. 4th on their depth chart.

Id rather have Zeke at whatever the Cowboys are going to be paying him
The problem with keeping Zeke is Jerry and the team still pretend he’s a superstar and you can guarantee even at a reduced rate he would get more touches than he should. This is a player fighting for a spot and playing time. Not just have it handed to him. The route with Zeke ran its course. On top of Jones they’ll still draft a RB or 2.

Big_D

Reaction score
no, the opinions of others here are not saying just trade your first three round draft picks for fourth rounders and beyond, that's only your perceived opinion.......The Fact is in today's NFL, running backs aren't viewed as a premier pick anymore especially in a draft that's deep in running backs..Just review that running backs and where they were selected in recent Superbowls...Selecting a running back fourth overall or in the first round in a draft just isn't a smart move, Dallas shouldn't have selected Zeke in the first round, Dallas compounded that mistake by then giving him a massive long term deal that ended up being an albatross around the clubs neck which some of us pointed out would happen...You can get good running backs in the third round on, Murray and Barber as examples, you just don't resign them to long term deals, just go get another one in the draft..
I agree you just can’t go RB that early but drafting a LB in a wheelchair 30 picks later didn’t help either. If you’re gonna draft a RB at 4 then the early round decision making needed to be much smarter. The 2nd round gambles didn’t do Zeke any favors.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I agree you just can’t go RB that early but drafting a LB in a wheelchair 30 picks later didn’t help either. If you’re gonna draft a RB at 4 then the early round decision making needed to be much smarter. The 2nd round gambles didn’t do Zeke any favors.
Exactly, especially prior to the draft Jerry says Dallas is in a win now mode because of Romo's age to try to get him to the Superbowl, and then they draft an injured player(Jaylon Smith) in the second round with a very serious knee injury that wouldn't be able to help you for at at least two years which I pointed out at the time and then Jerry extends him to a huge new deal when he's still under contract for another year....The decisions this organization makes at times is absolutely mind boggling..

Big_D

Reaction score
Exactly, especially prior to the draft Jerry says Dallas is in a win now mode because of Romo's age to try to get him to the Superbowl, and then they draft an injured player(Jaylon Smith) in the second round with a very serious knee injury that wouldn't be able to help you for at at least two years which I pointed out at the time and then Jerry extends him to a huge new deal when he's still under contract for another year....The decisions this organization makes at times is absolutely mind boggling..
That’s the problem here, they do well in other areas of the draft but the gambles and headscratchers completely undo any momentum they could’ve had. That Jaylon Smith pick really takes the cake. Acting like you have all the time in the world? I don’t care how good he was before that.. you can’t touch that in the first 4 rounds! After that is gravy and even then I’m looking for relatively injury free players!

jnday

Reaction score
So he is an upgrade in spite of the fact he was a healthy inactive the first 10 games last season because he couldn't crack the line-up? Okay.
He is an upgrade compared to the empty RB position on the roster. He may not be much better than the empty roster spot, but he should take some of the load off of Pollard during training camp.

noletime95

Reaction score
So guaranteed 300k. If Dallas drafts a RB who’s better, which is my hope, I guess that’s not too big a hit for insurance