Dallas/Tampa Bay Predictions

Proximo

Reaction score
Our offense (and team as a whole) should look better now that they're finally off the road and back home.

People seem to forget we were in back to back road games (which, generally speaking, is a very tough task in the NFL), the 2nd of which was against a division rival in poor weather conditions.

By the time we kick off tomorrow night it'll be damn near 4 calendar weeks since our last home game.

I look forward to seeing us get our groove back.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IMO, they don't have the beef up front to consistently stonewall what our O-line will want to do in the running game. We may not get the big chunk running plays past their LBs (inside with the man-blocking or outside with the ZBS) but I think we'll see some good 4-6 yard runs on a lot of our running down between the tackles. I don't think we'll get too much outside the tackles unless the pass to zeke. The TB defense screams Seattle defense where they put an emphasis on speed and aggression (sometimes over aggressive) but can be ran on if you use the bullying approach. Run at them and not away from them.

The short passing game is probably going to be snuffed-out unless we gash them early with the run and score a TD.

I don't have much faith in Dez, Williams or Butler being able to carry the offensive weight if TB can mitigate the effectiveness of our run, and subsequently the short passing game.

On the defensive side, I don't see TB being an offense that will show the Cowboys anything more than what we've seen this season. I'd put them above the crap offenses like CHI, SF, CLE, BAL, MIN but definitely below WAS, GB, & PIT.

The key to the game will be turnovers. We're pretty good at not giving them up, but not great at consistently getting them. TB is on a 2013 Seattle-level roll with taking the ball away. It's those turnovers, defensive TDs and short fields that are responsible for quite a few of their wins. If we cough the ball up and kill our drives/give them short fields, it'll be hard to overcome. If the turnover ratio stays at 0, then we win...simple as that.

Good guys - 23
Bad guys - 17

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Sunday night can not come fast enough as a Dallas fan. And put that loss behind us and move on.

Tampa's defense has been playing great as of late. Shutting down both Saints and Seahawks. As well as San Diego. Especially in the pass game. This will be another test for Dak.

I think we respond to the tune of a 23-20 game.
24 - 17 Dem Boyz

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think zeke does just enough to win a nail biter. 17-13.

I hope this team is sharp cause if not this magical season is going to limp to the finish with all kinds of nonsense.

I really hope detroit does us a favor earlier in the day. I really do not want that eagles game to matter.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
We've got to take advantage of these aggressive defenses

Misdirection , play action, screens, lead draw drive them nuts with Beasley and all the sudden the big plays will be happening again
We should have a field day with our counter runs

DBOY3141

Reaction score
20-13 Bucs. Bad stat game from Dak. Tony starts Monday night against Detroit.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
TB last 5 games
10 Nov 13 CHI 10 @ TB 36 Final

11 Nov 20 TB 19 @ KC 17 Final

12 Nov 27 SEA 5 @ TB 14 Final

13 Dec 04 TB 28 @ SD 21 Final

14 Dec 11 NO 11 @ TB 16 Final

TB 5-1 ON THE ROAD !
SD put up 21 others in last 5 are 10-17-5-11
This could be a tough game .

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Until our offense gets back on track we're going to struggle.
I just have a bad vibe that opposing defensive coaches now have the recipe for destruction and Bucs are hot.
It's now up to JG and Co. to counter with a new offensive strategy. Not sure if they have it in them (yet)?
Suffrage in the zone continues.
28-17 Bux

DandyDon52

Reaction score
seattle scored 5 points on them and NO scored 11, so that makes me think we may score under 20.
hope our defense is on again too.