*** Dallas UDFA Signings ***

a_minimalist

Reaction score
SDogo;4538753 said:
Interesting signing there.

Not sure if he will make it but he's intriguing.

Very intriguing! I'm sure you know but Aston Whiteside has two cousins already in the NFL and racked up 31.5 sacks at Abilene Christian. He's def one to watch.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4543592 said:
Very intriguing! I'm sure you know but Aston Whiteside has two cousins already in the NFL and racked up 31.5 sacks at Abilene Christian. He's def one to watch.

The Cowboys' choice of position(s) for him is also interesting.

Whiteside worked out at defensive end, defensive tackle, outside linebacker, tight end and fullback during ACU's pro day. However, he said the Cowboys want him to play defensive end and middle linebacker, and he's been told he has a shot at making the team.

"I talked to the defensive coordinator," Whiteside said. "He said I have a good chance to make the team."

I presume he's talking about playing defensive end when Dallas goes to its four-front. If he plays MILB, there's no way he'll also play 3-4 DE (although the article lists him as weighing 285 pounds at 6-2).

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Kiper has Aston Whiteside as an inside linebacker and at 258 and another site had him at 265. Although Broaddus thinks he is another OLB candidate.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
speedkilz88;4543755 said:
6-2 is a little short for five technique. He may be another SOLB.

That's why I think they were talking about him playing some DE in the 4-3 nickel packages.

The surprise to me was him being projected by Dallas as an ILB. Figured he was another OLB candidate. Of course, we could use some pass rush from our ILBs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd have to grade this UDFA class an A. Leary, Adams, Adcock, Whitley, Bryan and Hamilton are all great gets for the Cowboys.

I'd be happy with it if this was two years worth of UDFAs.

jnday

Reaction score
Risen Star;4546612 said:
I'd have to grade this UDFA class an A. Leary, Adams, Adcock, Whitley, Bryan and Hamilton are all great gets for the Cowboys.

I'd be happy with it if this was two years worth of UDFAs.

I agree. Much better than last year's class IMO.

Gaede

Reaction score
I think Lance Dunbar has a shot to make the team

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Gaede;4548674 said:
I think Lance Dunbar has a shot to make the team

Over who or we keep 4? I think he's a good candidate for the practice squad myself, I think Tanner earned his shot at more reps.

kirkjrk

Reaction score
I saw on one site that Punter(47+ yds. per punt) David Harrington was in for a tryout. Unable to find proof of that anywhere else.

Anyone else see evidence of this tryout.

kirkjrk

Gaede

Reaction score
TheCount;4548759 said:
Over who or we keep 4? I think he's a good candidate for the practice squad myself, I think Tanner earned his shot at more reps.

You're right. Most likely Tanner makes the team and he deserves it too. But Dunbar strikes me as the type of guy that sticks around and eventually makes the roster.

jordan20

Reaction score
gimmesix;4545167 said:
That's why I think they were talking about him playing some DE in the 4-3 nickel packages.

The surprise to me was him being projected by Dallas as an ILB. Figured he was another OLB candidate. Of course, we could use some pass rush from our ILBs.

He was also one heck of a running back back in high school.