Dallas: What to do & where to eat

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
What attractions and restuarants would you recommend to someone visiting Dallas for the first time?

Thx.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is a Cajun restraunt called Razoos that I highly recommend its in Lewisville and the food is amazing.

Rocky

Reaction score
Del Friscos Double Eagle Steakhouse

Might as well stay home if you don't have a steak there. Excellent eats all around.

Attractions--Fort Worth.

Coy

Reaction score
What about a good sports bar to watch all the games on Sunday?

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Rocky;1607818 said:

Might as well stay home if you don't have a steak there. Excellent eats all around.

Attractions--Fort Worth.

I Second and Third that motion.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Depending on your interest and inclination, The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza is an interesting place http://www.jfk.org/. IMO, they've done an excellent job of dealing with the tragic events in a tasteful manner.

I visited a few years ago. For decades I had heard various people emphasize how difficult Oswald's shots were; I was quite surpised to see with my own eyes just how short the distances actually were.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
umm the original sonny bryan's on hampton/inwood is one of the best chopped beef bbq sandwiches you will ever have.

TEK2000

Reaction score
CATCH17;1607767 said:
There is a Cajun restraunt called Razoos that I highly recommend its in Lewisville and the food is amazing.

You should try Pappadeaux's Seafood... Razoos doesn't have anything on them. Just my opinion.

Best steak is without a doubt Bob's Steak and Chop House. I saw Troy Aikman at the one near downtown the first time I went there.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Taco Bell, Chuck E. Cheese (this is the Commanders favorite DFW haunt), Pizza Hut, people seem to like this place called Hooters, they have wings.

I know, I'm a stinka' :D,

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Coy;1607900 said:
What about a good sports bar to watch all the games on Sunday?

The Big Apple is a great sports bar off 360. Check out the home of the boys going up as we speak just south down the hwy and to the left past 30.

As for steak houses Del Frisco's is great, I prefer Porterhouses off restaurant row (composit and NW HWY). Paul (the owner) will meet you at the door. Then Dave and Busters is just around the corner if you wanna play video games (read bringing a chick along, they like it there).

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Without a doubt, Bob's Steak and Chop House is hands down, bar none the best steak....if not overall the best food....available in Dallas. And no, it's not at all uncommon to see the local professional athletes eating there as well. If you're coming to town, I very highly recommend it.

As for things to do? Ehhhh, I recommend sitting around in the AC drinking beer and watching sports....it's too hot until mid september for much of anything else.

But if you must, Dealey is neat for a first timer. And right next to it is the Old Red Courthouse museum that just opened, and it's pretty neat if you're into history. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington is a very beautiful stadium if you like baseball, and right next door you can see the construction on Jerry World. A tour of Texas Stadium is pretty anti-climactic, but alright if you're a diehard.

Nightlife is going to be best around Victory (can also see the AAC there) or on Greenville Ave. if you want to try and bring a 19 year old coed home with you.

I would suggest a day in downtown Ft. Worthless, theres a lot to do there to kill a day, unlike downtown D.

edit: Oh, and you happen to be a Pantera or metal fan, their strip club The Clubhouse is a must, as is Dimebag's grave (in Arlington). Most weekend nights you can grab a table right next to Vinnie Paul and whichever metal stars are in the area that weekend. It's a relatively cheap strip club with some nice looking ladies.

LayingTheWood31

Reaction score
when i went to dallas for the first time, champs sports bar was the place to watch games i spent all saturday their. check it out!!!!!!

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Kangaroo;1608463 said:
Beltline drive has a wide selection of restaurants

In truth, there are more good restaurants here then you can eat at. Most places are run of the mill chain restaurants. The Del Frisos, Porthouses and Bobs are pretty unique and classy and an experience. Make no mistake, you will drop a bill at least for dinner for two, but you will tell your friends about it. You will retrun on future trips and such.

No matter where you go, you will eat good and have a good time. Dallas is just that way.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Rocky;1607818 said:

Can't lose with Del Friscos.......well maybe your shirt. Be ready to have a great dinner and atmoshpere.

Stay away if you're on a budget though.:D

goshan

Reaction score
I can't believe someone asks for a great place to eat and so many talk about Razoos? Huh.