Dallas will be bullies in the run game

phildadon86

Reaction score
Tyler Smith at left guard Cooper Beebe at center and Zach Martin at right guard, will be bullies in the run game. Ad in Guyton and Steel ,and I predict Dallas will be a handful for defenses in the run game.The Cowboys will focus on running the ball, and be one of the better running teams in 2024.
Whos running the ball?

J-man

Reaction score
The running game will be better and more prominent, as soon as they find a real RB to carry the ballfull time .

JBS

Reaction score
The running game will be better and more prominent, as soon as they find a real RB to carry the ballfull time .
Need to find an ol coach to fix the run game first

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Tyler Smith at left guard Cooper Beebe at center and Zach Martin at right guard, will be bullies in the run game. Ad in Guyton and Steel ,and I predict Dallas will be a handful for defenses in the run game.The Cowboys will focus on running the ball, and be one of the better running teams in 2024.
We had to get younger, stronger and more athletic up front:

-Guyton has some warts in the run game, but he is excellent on the move. Tyron at this stage was just more of a solid, pass protector.
-Biaz struggled against those big, powerful NT's, Beebe should be a much better matchup against those types, although speed could give him troubles.
-Steele was an excellent run blocker 2 years ago, let's see if Solari can alter his scheme to take advantage of his skill set.

My worry is our backs lack the burst to hit the holes created. Hoping we see more Dowdle then we do Zeke carrying the football.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It should also be noted we might want to be a little more realistic with our expectations. I’m not expecting great play from 2 rookies in year 1 so the running game will likely not take a jump in the upcoming season.

Beaker42

Reaction score
With what RB’s?? This post is hilarious.

Carter

Reaction score
With old Zeke averaging 2 ypc and two Practice Squad Talents in Dowdle and Freeman?

Good luck with that

visionary

Reaction score
As long as they don’t force feed Zeke and limit his carries our run game should be fine.

Would love to trade for Damien Pierce or someone similar as a more capable starter.
We have Deuce the juice

visionary

Reaction score
With old Zeke averaging 2 ypc and two Practice Squad Talents in Dowdle and Freeman?

Good luck with that
The rallying cry for 2024

The 3Ds are comin at’cha: Dak, Deuce and Defense

cnuball21

Reaction score
Deuce should be cut
He is a Jones PR campaign nothing else
I mean, he did lead the NCAA in all purpose yards his last year in college. He’s obviously tiny but I’d at least give him a chance.

More juice than any RB we have.

visionary

Reaction score
I mean, he did lead the NCAA in all purpose yards his last year in college. He’s obviously tiny but I’d at least give him a chance.

More juice than any RB we have.
Lets see but i think hes a waste of a roster spot

cnuball21

Reaction score
Likes on this site usually mean agreement, but I can't like this post.

It's going to be tough to watch.
Bro…we could’ve had Wright and paired him up with Royce who is a bruiser. That would’ve been fun.

I’m 100% certain the FO said we’re punting this season and if somehow Dak goes full super man and takes us to the NFC Champ game we’ll extend him and if not we’re moving on…all the while doing absolutely nothing to give him a chance.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Bro…we could’ve had Wright and paired him up with Royce who is a bruiser. That would’ve been fun.

I’m 100% certain the FO said we’re punting this season and if somehow Dak goes full super man and takes us to the NFC Champ game we’ll extend him and if not we’re moving on…all the while doing absolutely nothing to give him a chance.
NFCCG????? After his 1st round flameout?? *** Dak and *** this organization that apparently LOVES TO LOSE WHEN IT COUNTS.

quickccc

Reaction score
We better trade for a serviceable starter if we want the run game to have an impact like those teams.
Serviceable just barely gets us by in regular season .and whose on the street (or trade?) that would instantly give us
the splash edge we sorely need to a higher level of play ?

For 3 straight playoff appearances, the RB workings and scheme, - whether run or pass, have been
zero completely non-existence ,.. and that leaves it all upon Dak alone to push us b ..and that itself has led to failure ..3 str8 times

Cowboys thought a change of play caller, and addition of Cooks , and a high ankle sprain recovering starting Pollard,
would remedy the offensive woes of the playoffs ... it hasn't ..it won't...and there's nada here now that says it will be better.

We needed to add a dynamic RB and a successful scheme , and ADD mightily to whatever Dak can conjure.
:mad:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do like what I’ve seen from game tapes of both Guyton and Beebe. Both guys look like they play with an attitude that’s been missing from the Cowboys offensive line for the past few years.

Hopefully, they’re aggressiveness inspires the rest of the line to rekindle that in their own game.

And I’m surprised to see how much faith they seem to have in coach Mike Solari and how much input he had in the decisions.

I just hope the faith in him pays off better than it did with Rod Marinelli.