Dallas will be bullies in the run game

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Tyler Smith at left guard Cooper Beebe at center and Zach Martin at right guard, will be bullies in the run game. Ad in Guyton and Steel ,and I predict Dallas will be a handful for defenses in the run game.The Cowboys will focus on running the ball, and be one of the better running teams in 2024.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Tyler Smith at left guard Cooper Beebe at center and Zach Martin at right guard, will be bullies in the run game. Ad in Guyton and Steel ,and I predict Dallas will be a handful for defenses in the run game.The Cowboys will focus on running the ball, and be one of the better running teams in 2024.
We might only run for 2.5 yards a carry, but the other team will FEEL it.

cnuball21

Reaction score
As long as they don’t force feed Zeke and limit his carries our run game should be fine.

Would love to trade for Damien Pierce or someone similar as a more capable starter.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Guyton, Smith, Beebe and Martin, paving the way for Deuce Vaughn.

Defensive coordinators are already having nightmares about it.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Sadly, it’s not the 90’s anymore. It’s a passing league.

A strong run game can help, but in of itself - it doesn’t guarantee anything anymore.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I like the picks but when do we learn our lesson?

Lasy year after San Francisco hired us, they drafted Mazi Smith and everyone here swore the Run Defense was fixed.

exciter

Reaction score
Yeah, two rookies are going to turn the line into a wrecking crew. :laugh:
Not only rookies but both will be playing a new position and one will not only have to learn to snap the ball but make line calls and adjustments!

Malhavoc

Reaction score
1 draft won’t change the team’s identity. But a few of the guys they drafted is a start. Not worried about the OL. But the front 7 needs more.

Sydla

Reaction score
I like the picks but when do we learn our lesson?

Lasy year after San Francisco hired us, they drafted Mazi Smith and everyone here swore the Run Defense was fixed.
I like Guyton but let's be clear, he's raw. Real raw. Has limited college starts. Expecting him to come in, take over LT and just start mauling people right from the start is quite optimistic.

Plus, I really hope fans aren't buying the RB by committee BS they are selling with Elliott and Dowdle. Last time we did this, Jerry had to squat and drop a turd and overpay for a WR mid-season.

deerhunter11

Reaction score

A strong run game can help, but in of itself - it doesn’t guarantee anything anymore.

Not only rookies but both will be playing a new position and one will not only have to learn to snap the ball but make line calls and adjustments!
I think it will take 2 or 3 games for this offensive line to gel .But there is some power now in the middle of this line.Beebe is a much stronger center and that will be a major difference in running the football.Unlike most of last year there should be some big holes for backs to run through.I look for Dallas to add another veteran at running back and the focus will be a balanced attack on offense.

exciter

Reaction score
I think it will take 2 or 3 games for this offensive line to gel .But there is some power now in the middle of this line.Beebe is a much stronger center and that will be a major difference in running the football.Unlike most of last year there should be some big holes for backs to run through.I look for Dallas to add another veteran at running back and the focus will be a balanced attack on offense.
You’re assuming he’s going to be able to start the season at center! There were several scouting reports that mentioned they would have had him rated higher if they thought he could play center but didn’t think he could because of his arm length and wide base. Even if he can, I’d think mid season would be more likely as best case scenario. I believe they said it takes (1700) practice snaps before putting someone who hasn’t played the position in a competitive situation when they talked about converting Bass last year. That’s before you even get into having to make line calls and adjustments. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started the first 5-6 games with Richards at tackle and this basically being a redshirt year for Beebe.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You’re assuming he’s going to be able to start the season at center! There were several scouting reports that mentioned they would have had him rated higher if they thought he could play center but didn’t think he could because of his arm length and wide base. Even if he can, I’d think mid season would be more likely as best case scenario. I believe they said it takes (1700) practice snaps before putting someone who hasn’t played the position in a competitive situation when they talked about converting Bass last year. That’s before you even get into having to make line calls and adjustments. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started the first 5-6 games with Richards at tackle and this basically being a redshirt year for Beebe.
Beebe took practice reps at C so this won’t be new to him. Also the further inside an OLmen plays the less of an issue the arm length is…he’ll be wedged in between 2 all pros he’ll be fine.

He’s the most ready made OLmen we’ve drafted in the last decade outside of Martin.

quickccc

Reaction score

i think the idea would be to Add a strong run game.. to a pass heavy Dak attack.

Much like:
- Lion Gibbs/Montgomery to Goff....
- Achane- Mostert to Tua in Miami
- James Cook to QB Josh Allen
- Travis Ett to Trevor Lawrence
- Etc.

My problem is the 90's immense run game did not resort to draw-play handoffs from shot gun formation, that these
coaches cannot resist to do.

I'd rather compare the 2016 Zeke run game rather than the " Great Wall of Dallas " of the dynasty 90's
And even then that was Tyron, Fredricks, Martin and one year wonder Ron Leary.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
McCarthy isn't a "focus on running the ball" type of coach.

cnuball21

Reaction score
i think the idea would be to Add a strong run game.. to a pass heavy Dak attack.

Much like:
- Lion Gibbs/Montgomery to Goff....
- Achane- Mostert to Tua in Miami
- James Cook to QB Josh Allen
- Travis Ett to Trevor Lawrence
- Etc.

My problem is the 90's immense run game did not resort to draw-play handoffs from shot gun formation, that these
coaches cannot resist to do.

I'd rather compare the 2016 Zeke run game rather than the " Great Wall of Dallas " of the dynasty 90's
And even then that was Tyron, Fredricks, Martin and one year wonder Ron Leary.
We better trade for a serviceable starter if we want the run game to have an impact like those teams.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
McCarthy isn't a "focus on running the ball" type of coach.
Bingo!!!!!!!
Never has been.......he used a bunch of average RBs during his tenure with the Packs. He seems to focus more on his RBs getting X number of "touches" vs carries.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Steele before the injury was their best run blocker. Martin loved working with him. Hope he gets back to form.