Dallas winning ugly games

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
An ugly win is struggling to beat a bad/mediocre team. Last week was an ugly win. A one point win over the Steelers would be a good win.
Agree. I think the Steelers have an overall better team than Dallas. Fields (who Dallas should have been all in on) is looking like he's settling in as the full time long term starter. He's no Brady, but he isn't Levis either. So winning it would be nice to see against an improving team and QB with a tough Defense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Agree. I think the Steelers have an overall better team than Dallas. Fields (who Dallas should have been all in on) is looking like he's settling in as the full time long term starter. He's no Brady, but he isn't Levis either. So winning it would be nice to see against an improving team and QB with a tough Defense.
Trading for Lance put an end to any thought of going after Fields. He’s an average QB who can run but he would have been better than Lance. So far he’s played well for the Steelers because they have a real good team around him. He wouldn’t even be starting had Russell Wilson not suffered an injury prior to the opener. His mobility will certainly give the Cowboys problems. The last time we faced him he had a real good game with a couple of TD passes and 60 yards rushing. The Bears put 29 points up against us. Fortunately, our offense was in high gear that day and we out scored them.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they somehow split these next two games, Jerry not trading for some help is downright criminal. I do think he's setting Mike up to fail so he can fire him and make a splash hire.
The Jerry Jones “process” as a GM:
  1. Never EVER stop the sales pitch. Always sell, market, sell, market, etc.
  2. Build up fan expectations regardless of any likelihood of it happening.
  3. Hire a head coach who will allow you to speak at any time on any subject you choose, allow you to influence the locker room, allow you to select assistant coaches, and any do anything else you want at any time.
  4. Remind fans that your franchise is #1 in revenue and value.
  5. Spend lots of time (during football season) lining up boxing matches, concerts and tractor pulls for your beloved ”stayjum”.
  6. When on field failures occur deflect and imply blame onto your puppet head coach, assistants and the players. They are all disposable.
  7. Send your lazy, entitled son out regularly on the radio and other public formats to remind fans we can never afford any players because of the salary cap.
  8. In fact, when in doubt about making personnel moves or signing your own players ALWAYS blame the cap.
  9. If fan unrest occurs because of losing, make some kind of bold move (whether advisable or not) to make it appear you’re taking action.
  10. After a really bad loss throw in some meaningless phrases to appear you are about to make changes: “I’m ALL IN”, “I get it big time”, “I’m going to make some people uncomfortable”, etc.
  11. Then change nothing.
  12. Agree to any and all media interviews; especially Stephen A Smith.
  13. Fire everyone but yourself and the kiddos then….
  14. See step 1.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jerry Jones “process” as a GM:
  1. Never EVER stop the sales pitch. Always sell, market, sell, market, etc.
  2. Build up fan expectations regardless of any likelihood of it happening.
  3. Hire a head coach who will allow you to speak at any time on any subject you choose, allow you to influence the locker room, allow you to select assistant coaches, and any do anything else you want at any time.
  4. Remind fans that your franchise is #1 in revenue and value.
  5. Spend lots of time (during football season) lining up boxing matches, concerts and tractor pulls for your beloved ”stayjum”.
  6. When on field failures occur deflect and imply blame onto your puppet head coach, assistants and the players. They are all disposable.
  7. Send your lazy, entitled son out regularly on the radio and other public formats to remind fans we can never afford any players because of the salary cap.
  8. In fact, when in doubt about making personnel moves or signing your own players ALWAYS blame the cap.
  9. If fan unrest occurs because of losing, make some kind of bold move (whether advisable or not) to make it appear you’re taking action.
  10. After a really bad loss throw in some meaningless phrases to appear you are about to make changes: “I’m ALL IN”, “I get it big time”, “I’m going to make some people uncomfortable”, etc.
  11. Then change nothing.
  12. Agree to any and all media interviews; especially Stephen A Smith.
  13. Fire everyone but yourself and the kiddos then….
  14. See step 1.
15. And all of this keeps the fans talking about the Cowboys. Therefore back to step 1.
16. Here we are. Talking about them still. Back to step 1.

Fans Steps
1. If fans want change then stop with Jerry’s step 1. Then the other steps will not happen.
2. But fans can’t stop so it will not change.