Dallas worst in the division % of 2nd half drives that went 3-and-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nav22

Reaction score
If Dak could have out dueled a rookie 7th round pick, we are marching to the NFC title game for the first time since 1996 and nobody cares about any of these stats.
"Out dueled"? Why are you so proud of coming off like a simpleton who thinks football is 1 on 1?

Dak played against the best defense in football, on the road, without Pollard for the 2nd half.

What happened to Dak is what usually happens when a pretty good QB faces a totally dominant defense on the road.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
No game did the show more than the colossal flop vs Jacksonville.

If McCarthy doesn’t fix this, he’ll be fired by mid season.

That is why MM wants the team to execute the run game better and get the team in more manageable situations on third downs. The Cowboys could not execute a simple out to get Gallup 5 yards on first down.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
That is why MM wants the team to execute the run game better and get the team in more manageable situations on third downs. The Cowboys could not execute a simple out to get Gallup 5 yards on first down.
This is why they should not run. Running the ball on first down makes it more difficult to get into third and manageable.

irishline

Reaction score
The Cowboys had 7 three-and-outs in the second half against WAS week 18 in a meaningless game. Take that out and the number is very different.
While I agree with your overall premise about the penalties and score. We still had all our starters in until there were 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter of that game. It was just as meaningless for Washington and our starters went 1 for 6 on 3 and outs. Which means it wouldn't have changed it very much.

Not going to blame it on passing too much (when we did 3 and out too much) because against Jacksonville we didn't. We forced ourselves into it with bad execution and play selection really.

Mannix

Reaction score
Then why didn't he step in and tell Junior to do that in the 2nd half against Jacksonville when they for WHATEVER reason continued to be pass happy....proves that he either isn't in charge, or really doesn't want the responsibility to be in charge of S. I'll pick the latter, since we've heard several stories of just how lazy he is. Please don't buy for ONE SECOND that he is looking forward to play calling duties...it was 100% forced on him.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Then why didn't he step in and tell Junior to do that in the 2nd half against Jacksonville when they for WHATEVER reason continued to be pass happy....proves that he either isn't in charge, or really doesn't want the responsibility to be in charge of S. I'll pick the latter, since we've heard several stories of just how lazy he is. Please don't buy for ONE SECOND that he is looking forward to play calling duties...it was 100% forced on him.
Correct or incorrect, your statement is an assumption.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Cowboys had 7 three-and-outs in the second half against WAS week 18 in a meaningless game. Take that out and the number is very different.

I like Warren Sharp for the most part but this is an empty stat.
I was gonna say I mean is there really a big difference between 4 percent? It’s probably the difference of like you said a meaningless game like the Was game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"Out dueled"? Why are you so proud of coming off like a simpleton who thinks football is 1 on 1?

Dak played against the best defense in football, on the road, without Pollard for the 2nd half.

What happened to Dak is what usually happens when a pretty good QB faces a totally dominant defense on the road.
Yeah Rogers didn’t even make it to the playoffs. Should he be cut?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is why they should not run. Running the ball on first down makes it more difficult to get into third and manageable.
The best offensive weapons on the team are CeeDee, Cooks, Gallup and Pollard. The Cowboys will throw the football. I would be careful with taking anything that MM says literally. Dak is a 40 million dollar quarterback looking at an extension that will pay him $50 million . The Cowboys won’t become the pony express.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The best offensive weapons on the team are CeeDee, Cooks, Gallup and Pollard. The Cowboys will throw the football. I would be careful with taking anything that MM says literally. Dak is a 40 million dollar quarterback looking at an extension that will pay him $50 million . The Cowboys won’t become the pony express.
Yea I don't really think they're going to run the ball more, but I think it would be dumb if they did lol

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally have Mike on a 5 game watch.
If it wasn't for Quinn he'd be gone already.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No game did the show more than the colossal flop vs Jacksonville.

If McCarthy doesn’t fix this, he’ll be fired by mid season.

as if upsets dont happen, specially to teams that went to plaoffs.

th guy responsible for that loss is not longer in Dallas. he got shipped to Texans.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Dak could have out dueled a rookie 7th round pick, we are marching to the NFC title game for the first time since 1996 and nobody cares about any of these stats.
agreed. Dak should have defended those Purdy passes better. he just doesn't turn his hip fast enough to keep up with the WRs running deep. He also should have made that tackle against Kittle. that was one of the worst tackles I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.