Dalton knocked out with a cheap shot and not one player came to his defense

kwcool619

Reaction score
This team needs a sports psychologist BADLY. I’ve never seen a team so nonchalant about their own player, let alone their QB, get blown up. It’s not even just the culture at this point, something is MENTALLY wrong with these players. Extremely. Not just because they all of a sudden lack the fundamentals of football now, but because they avoid blame, fight with each other, leave defenseless players on the ground, laugh and smile while getting blown out. Something is extremely off. What player in their right mind acts like that? NFL needs to open an investigation in that locker room and I’m being dead serious.

You're right. How can the front office continuously accept this mindset year after year?

Motorola

Reaction score
Cowboys needed bar brawler legend Tyrone Crawford out there yesterday to dish out some gridiron justice on Bostic.

LocoBates

Reaction score
If it were Dak you would have seen the response you desire but Andy is just a one-year hire. They don't love him like they love Dak.

JoeKing said:
Did you want to see a brawl on the field? Haven't we seen enough violence this year?

And I thought that Bipolar was a bear who lived in the South and North at the same time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And I thought that Bipolar was a bear who lived in the South and North at the same time.
Polar Bears only inhabit the North pole, while penguins inhabit the South pole. Nothing "bi-polar' about it. You're welcome for the lesson.

GINeric

Reaction score
It should have been ATLEAST 2 or 3 players beating the **** out of the guy that hit Dalton. Or a guy willing to take a cheap shot at Washington's QB's knees or head. I can't believe my Dallas Cowboys are a team full of *****es!!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I played football in my day, and I'd been on multiple teams. I've never seen my QB go off on the offensive line. Why mess with the hand that feeds (protects) you?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what a"real" team does when their QB is mauled down.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I played football in my day, and I'd been on multiple teams. I've never seen my QB go off on the offensive line. Why mess with the hand that feeds (protects) you?

Because they WEREN'T feeding him or protecting him! They weren't doing their job! The coach should've been out there getting in their face, but he wasn't.

Hey I'm not defending Dalton, I'm defending common sense. We've got a whole team out there not doing their jobs. This team can't be as bad as they're playing. Teams with a lot less talent play better than this team is playing. They don't block, they don't tackle, they just collect paychecks.
SOMEBODY needs to get 'em off their dead ****s and Kellen Moore isn't doing it, Mike Nolan isn't doing it, and apparently Mike McCarthy isn't doing it either, and all you guys want to do is jump on Dalton. No Dalton is not a Dak Prescott, but let's put some blame where it belongs. This team was already playing like crap before Dak went down, and now they've flat out quit.

Last edited:

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
On Monday's Hanging with the Boys, Nate Newton was asked why the players didn't respond to the Bostic's hit on Dalton. He stated it was a reflection on how the team viewed the QB. He mentioned the response in other incidences; when Steve Puller was KO'd, the team just shrugged their shoulders and walked to the bench. When Troy Aikman was cheap shotted, the team was ready to go to war.

Like it or not, the respect of the player is a large part of the player's decision.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes lots of signs of what you said. But do we really know what’s going on? Is it that the players on defense are just bad or is it coaching? The defense was bad last year so I’m leaning towards the problems being mostly on the players. The “Hotz Boys” name is adequate because the play like a bunch of whiny teenage boys.

Rock--remember the game against the Saints in 2018 where we won 13-10...and our defense basically shut down Drew Brees and company?...Marinelli had them so dialed in....our defense now is not a lot different in players

except Jones gone at cornerback....but what happened to us..its like our players got amnesia and forgot how to play?...never seen such ineptitude considering how well we were playing at one time....this so ticks me off

Syron

Reaction score
On Monday's Hanging with the Boys, Nate Newton was asked why the players didn't respond to the Bostic's hit on Dalton. He stated it was a reflection on how the team viewed the QB. He mentioned the response in other incidences; when Steve Puller was KO'd, the team just shrugged their shoulders and walked to the bench. When Troy Aikman was cheap shotted, the team was ready to go to war.

Like it or not, the respect of the player is a large part of the player's decision.

Yeah I think he is right, and that's the way I saw it at the time. You don't scream at the line, and then act shocked when they don't come to the rescue. This is a group of 2nd and 3rd stringers, going against a great Washington front made up of all 1st round picks. Cut them some slack and know that they are over-matched. The sign of a leader isn't ranting and screaming all of the time. Half of them shouldn't be on the field, but that's what happens with injuries.