Dalton played in a West Coast Offense

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Now McCarthy doesn’t have to worry about the slow-learner Dak, who took a week to throw a TD in training camp in year 3, with some West Coast concepts that he can now work in with Moore, along with Moore not being saddled with a QB that can’t run a traditional drop-back pass, limiting his play calling.

I for one am ready for the end of the Dak era. We already seeing what 74% completion percentage Carr is doing when not surrounded by a train-wreck culture against legitimate defenses, while Dak, the GOAT, continued with his garbage time stat padding against scrub secondaries and Ls. You heard it here from Dak-stans that Carr wasn’t even in Dak’s league..
So if Dalton plays trash then what will you be saying? You're talking with your chest out now but.............

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I sit somewhere in the middle. I am not a Dak is the GOAT nor am I a Dak is mediocre guy. Dak is good enough with the right support, however the nature of this organization has just not allowed that to be relevant.

So what now? I don't see this defense getting magically top 10 anytime soon. I think I am finally on course to agree that resigning Dak may be a bad business decision if you're trying to build before he breaks. A big part of his upside is his size, and mobility. Not sure he'll be the same mobility wise after this injury, and I certainly wouldn't bet anywhere near 40M a year that he will. Tough spot this team is in.
This. All of this

khiladi

Reaction score
So if Dalton plays trash then what will you be saying? You're talking with your chest out now but.............

He plays like trash and it’s only a one year contract on the cheap and we don’t need to destroy our organization in a mindless pursuit to make Dak what he is not, like we did with Garrett, and we draft a QB.

How difficult is this point to comprehend? We didn’t build a franchise around Dak. We already had a roster primed for a run and the Dak-experiment completely shut the window on it. The decision made was purely done on short-term success in a completely simplified offense, built around the limitations of Dak. We saw it from his play in 2017, what a horrendous move it was, followed by 2018, pre-Cooper “Dak-friendly”, spread the ball system.

Now we are starting to see the effects of this move from a roster perspective as all-world talent like Smith, Frederick and Collins are being lost to injuries and we now have guys like Philbin coaching the line. We had one of the all-time great OL coaches who completely revamped the RG in Callahan, who JG feuded with, adding multiple all-pro linemen and now he’s with the Browns, and rebuilding their line. What became a weakness of the Browns in one year as become a strength. Unfortunately, for us, Zeke is in his fifth year, which is getting extremely old as a RB and we lost out on his prime and all these man coverages he causes, along with our OL still killing it. We have essentially turned him into a decoy.

Dak can’t hit the broad-side of a barn if it’s not man coverage and his first read. Dak is a SUNK cost.

Dak wouldn’t last a day, just like Goff, in the 90s era, DB physicality and safeties spearing guys over the middle type of defense, because of how the rules were. These numbers these mediocre QBs are putting up are purely a product of the rules. They are a dime a dozen in today’s league.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dak was very Jekyll & Hyde these last two years. When he was on, he was great. But there were long stretches in games of no productivity. This year it was more of the same with the addition of turnovers either directly or indirectly leading to points & big early leads for the other team. Dalton doesn’t have to be as good or better than 4th quarter double digits behind Dak all the time. If he can be consistently solid all game long it could work out better for the Cowboys. This team needs to take care of the football and control the clock. That wasn’t happening with Dak and if it doesn’t happen with Dalton I expect more 1-3 type four game stretches.
This I agree with.

Dak is streaky..

It's time we all need to accept he is not Bart Starr.

This downtime for Dak could be positive if he wants it to be.

He needs to see how somebody else plays in his place. If Dalton succeeds at all..

Dak should come back better for this.

We shall see but I remain cautious about Dak and his recovery.

People are saying 4-6 months on the recovery but I suspect more. And the more he allows it to heal the better.

We shall see.

jnday

Reaction score
You do realize there is no way to win here, lets imagine Andy sets records passing.....you have already shown everyone how to use your own words on how that isn't good enough. Talk about train wrecks, your tied to the tracks and dont even know it.
Stats and records don’t mean squat when they don’t translate to wins. Dalton is a solid veteran QB and I hope he does well by leading the team to several wins. The team was in the toilet before the overdramatized injury and the stats and records didn’t change it at all. I am finally glad to see that another QB will be starting because the opinion among the Dak worshipers is that only Dak can win with this team, which was disproven by the beautiful game winning drive that Dalton produced. The Dak lovers are feeling so threatened right now and they are more entertaining than the team.

CWR

Reaction score
Dalton is an animal. Hes a beast of a QB, and he is here to showcase. In Dalton we trust. Leggo Red Rocket!

jnday

Reaction score
ooh i thought those were facts....did i state something that was not a fact?
You missed the fact that Dalton has just as many game winning drives for the Cowboys as Dak has at this point in the season.

jnday

Reaction score
Op is literally killing my interest in coming to this board.

Seriously. How can you post 10 times about the same thing and manage to add nothing new each time?
You have the same options that the rest of the posters have here. Ignore his post and move on.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I open the "Fan Zone" and there are, at least, 17 threads that mention the name "Dalton"

:cool:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Stats and records don’t mean squat when they don’t translate to wins. Dalton is a solid veteran QB and I hope he does well by leading the team to several wins. The team was in the toilet before the overdramatized injury and the stats and records didn’t change it at all. I am finally glad to see that another QB will be starting because the opinion among the Dak worshipers is that only Dak can win with this team, which was disproven by the beautiful game winning drive that Dalton produced. The Dak lovers are feeling so threatened right now and they are more entertaining than the team.
Oh my..

Can I sell tickets to this thread?

And let me be the first to pin a target on your chest for this post.

Yes sir..step right up here.

For 2 bits you get 3 throws to knock this poster off his seat and into the barrel of water under him.

Yes sir..splash this guy and you can pick from any of these genuine stuffed toys straight from China.

These dolls have been carefully handmade..tested for covid before coming to you and guaranteed not to have swine flu chicken pox small pox or monkey flu.

"Step right up here..

what's your name buddy?

Ah...ah..Jerrah Jones.

Mr Jones what brings you here?

I came here to dunk this guy for being anti-Cowboy.

Yes sir..yes sir..you got a live one here.

Here's 3 baseball's and I'll have your money and splash this goffer..will ya?

Well I..I sure will try..here goes.."

Bing..bing..bing Bing.

There you are Mr. Jones you got him. Now pick your little dolly..

Ok..you pick Trevor Lawrence..fine choice.

Thanks for playing along."

:clap: