Vertical Jump
INCHES

Broad Jump
INCHES

3 Cone Drill
SECONDS

20 Yd Shuttle
SECONDS
Numbers aren't everything. I know that, but he's faster than ertz, taller and according to measurables, can change direction better. Should we be patient with him. Can he develop into a pro bowl tight end? He obviously has to master route running and blocking, but ertz didn't emerge right away. It wasn't until 2016 when he was 26.

KingRah

Reaction score
Guess time will tell. Measurables are not the be all end all when it comes to football players tho
I know that. It’s all we can go off I. The beginning . It is interesting though that Schultz beats him in most measurable.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Numbers aren't everything. I know that, but he's faster than ertz, taller and according to measurables, can change direction better. Should we be patient with him. Can he develop into a pro bowl tight end? He obviously has to master route running and blocking, but ertz didn't emerge right away. It wasn't until 2016 when he was 26.

I believe it’s possible but unless he gets reps, it will take longer..

DFWJC

Reaction score
He's 6'6 244
40 Yard Dash
SECONDS

Bench Press
REPS

Vertical Jump
INCHES

Broad Jump
INCHES

3 Cone Drill
SECONDS

20 Yd Shuttle
SECONDS
I just think Shultz needs time.
He came into league fairly raw, from an offense that didn't use him much in the passing game
He may end up ok

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He will be fine, just needs time. He is almost a perfect mold of what Dallas wants at TE.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I know that. It’s all we can go off I. The beginning . It is interesting though that Schultz beats him in most measurable.
It's an interesting concept of thought,,,yet,,, after seeing the wasted potential over the years of quality talent ,continually
' mark time' on the roster/bench to the point where, when they are given their "shot" they usually end up over-rev'n their casing-liners in short order, leading to what's currently being enjoyed with the #87 due to lack of fielded playing time/real football world conditioningo_O

KingRah

Reaction score
I believe it’s possible but unless he gets reps, it will take longer..
Schultz not on the field because of blocking. He was regarded as a polished blocker coming out, but hasn't show it in the nfl. We're one of the only teams that will sit a receiving tight end for bad blocking. Gates was bad his whole decade 1/2 career ,but they schemed around it. I'd give him practice when the back up rb is in so he can't hurt zeke. use him mostly as a receiving TE, but when Zeke comes out, try a run or two to get him som practice.

KingRah

Reaction score
AT some point, this team has to show it can scout and draft number one Tight ends. Parcells found and developed Witten. He's the only success story since Novacek and he was signed from the cardinals.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dalton has done very well so far for a mid round rook.

KingRah

Reaction score
Dalton has done very well so far for a mid round rook.
Whatever a TE's performance has been with us, they're probably twice as good with another team. We try to force everyone to play like the legends of the team. Witten's great for what he did. Every tight end won't be Witten. Maybe he can be a great receiver and solid blocker. Witten was a great receiver and good blocker. It's probably the same for Rico. Another team would have 5 tds with rico. Dak already missed him on two this year. WE suck post Parcels at developing TEs.

kskboys

Reaction score
Whatever a TE's performance has been with us, they're probably twice as good with another team. We try to force everyone to play like the legends of the team. Witten's great for what he did. Every tight end won't be Witten. Maybe he can be a great receiver and solid blocker. Witten was a great receiver and good blocker. It's probably the same for Rico. Another team would have 5 tds with rico. Dak already missed him on two this year. WE suck post Parcels at developing TEs.
Rico would've been cut from most other teams. PS fodder.

I do agree, however, that we tend to not use players correctly, rather we try to fit them into what we want them to be.

KingRah

Reaction score
Rico would've been cut from most other teams. PS fodder.

I do agree, however, that we tend to not use players correctly, rather we try to fit them into what we want them to be.
Garrett's philosophy is basically mimic Jimmy's cowboys. It's not a bad philosophy, but be open to change. Everyone won't be Witten.Witten was basically the Keyshawn Johnson or M Irvin of TEs. He was nt a burner or super athletic. He ran great great routes, was physical, smart and had great great hands. If you have a more athletic TE , Use that to win games. Think about this, J Hanna ran a 4.49 and was athletic. He developed into a good blocker. They never used him. How the heck do you have a good blocking TE that runs 4.49 and never make a linebacker cover him 20 yards up field?

kskboys

Reaction score
Garrett's philosophy is basically mimic Jimmy's cowboys. It's not a bad philosophy, but be open to change. Everyone won't be Witten.Witten was basically the Keyshawn Johnson or M Irvin of TEs. He was nt a burner or super athletic. He ran great great routes, was physical, smart and had great great hands. If you have a more athletic TE , Use that to win games. Think about this, J Hanna ran a 4.49 and was athletic. He developed into a good blocker. They never used him. How the heck do you have a good blocking TE that runs 4.49 and never make a linebacker cover him 20 yards up field?
Hannah was terrible at tracking the ball. Just not good as a downfield threat.

If JG is mimicking Jimmy, he's doing a terrible job of it!!!!!!!!!

KingRah

Reaction score
Hannah was terrible at tracking the ball. Just not good as a downfield threat.

If JG is mimicking Jimmy, he's doing a terrible job of it!!!!!!!!!
How can you say that when he was thrown to 4 times a year? M Bennett looked terrible with us too. He immediately became good when he left. he was also one of the top 2 blocking TEs in the league.