Dalton Schultz bare with me

Londonboy

Reaction score
Witten didn’t start until about December of his rookie year.
True, I'm not criticizing Him for not contributing more or writing Him off in any way and forcing Guys into the line-up before They're ready is a bad idea for The Team (Williams at LG is a good example).
Year 3 is when I start to form a judgement on a Players ability, I'm still hopeful for the Kid, a big soft handed short/mid range target is something Our Offense could really do with, We miss Witten's dependability more than many thought We would.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
True, I'm not criticizing Him for not contributing more or writing Him off in any way and forcing Guys into the line-up before They're ready is a bad idea for The Team (Williams at LG is a good example).
Year 3 is when I start to form a judgement on a Players ability, I'm still hopeful for the Kid, a big soft handed short/mid range target is something Our Offense could really do with, We miss Witten's dependability more than many thought We would.

Not me, I was roundly criticized for saying Witten would be missed, and I think I've been proven more right than wrong about that...

kskboys

Reaction score

Not me, I was roundly criticized for saying Witten would be missed, and I think I've been proven more right than wrong about that...
Seriously? C'mon, LA, you've been proven wrong in a big way. What makes you say that you were proven right? The fact that our TE's are not producing and moving the chains?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Zach Ertz had 898 receiving yards his junior year before heading to the draft.

Schultz had 555 receiving yards over all three seasons while in college, so a little over half of what Ertz did in one season.

Schultz was a panic pick

kskboys

Reaction score
Zach Ertz had 898 receiving yards his junior year before heading to the draft.

Schultz had 555 receiving yards over all three seasons while in college, so a little over half of what Ertz did in one season.

Schultz was a panic pick
Nah, a panic pick would've been a 2nd rounder. A late 4th rounder for a solidTE, even if he never becomes more than a #2 TE, is a decent pick.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Nah, a panic pick would've been a 2nd rounder. A late 4th rounder for a solidTE, even if he never becomes more than a #2 TE, is a decent pick.

For the TE position, a solid TE2 would be a little disappointing for a 4th but not too bad. I have my reservations on if he'll ever even become that.

But it was a panic pick for sure, Witten announces he's retiring on Friday, the next day the Cowboys pick Schultz in the 1st round of their day 3 picks.

KingRah

Reaction score
For the TE position, a solid TE2 would be a little disappointing for a 4th but not too bad. I have my reservations on if he'll ever even become that.

But it was a panic pick for sure, Witten announces he's retiring on Friday, the next day the Cowboys pick Schultz in the 1st round of their day 3 picks.
That was a sucker move by witten. He could’ve told them earlier.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That was a sucker move by witten. He could’ve told them earlier.

He really should have. I want to believe that they(MNF) came back with a mega offer he couldnt refuse to fforce his hand, but that is probably just wishful thinking.

KingRah

Reaction score
He really should have. I want to believe that they(MNF) came back with a mega offer he couldnt refuse to fforce his hand, but that is probably just wishful thinking.
He had an idea at least. He could’ve been classy and told them to scout te s because he’s considering retirement.

kskboys

Reaction score

It was their 4th round comp pick, and it was their 2nd 4th rounder. They took Dorrance at 116, and Schultz at 137.

Reaction score
He had an idea at least. He could’ve been classy and told them to scout te s because he’s considering retirement.

MNF football offers you a ton of cash. Jerry just did your best friend wrong the year before and you are contemplating one more year with Dak........ I don't blame him one bit for hanging them out to dry. It's not like the writing hasn't been on the wall for the last few years. I'm still mad at them for not taking a single on in 2017. Passing on Njoku for Charlton......... Taking Ryan Switzer who we cut over Jake Butt or George Kittle.

That was a stacked TE class, I remember talks of taking O.J. Howard in the 1st round. (would have had to move up).

Not to mention like you've said we've let some good ones walk to have success elsewhere.

I'm with you on Schultz, he may still become something. We still could have avoided this predicament by not making TE2 (eventual 1) a priority.

KingRah

Reaction score
MNF football offers you a ton of cash. Jerry just did your best friend wrong the year before and you are contemplating one more year with Dak........ I don't blame him one bit for hanging them out to dry. It's not like the writing hasn't been on the wall for the last few years. I'm still mad at them for not taking a single on in 2017. Passing on Njoku for Charlton......... Taking Ryan Switzer who we cut over Jake Butt or George Kittle.

That was a stacked TE class, I remember talks of taking O.J. Howard in the 1st round. (would have had to move up).

Not to mention like you've said we've let some good ones walk to have success elsewhere.

I'm with you on Schultz, he may still become something. We still could have avoided this predicament by not making TE2 (eventual 1) a priority.
We probably don’t draft little regardless. He rubs 4.5. This team doesn’t like fast explosive te s. They want everyone to be big slow( even though he’s a all time great) te s like Witten.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Seriously? C'mon, LA, you've been proven wrong in a big way. What makes you say that you were proven right? The fact that our TE's are not producing and moving the chains?

Correct. Witten's last year he had 63 catches for 560 yards and 5 tds. To date all 4 of the current tight ends have 40 catches for 1 td and 406 yards. Extrapolating those numbers over 16 games would be 53 catches for 1.28 tds and 541 yards.

Are any of the current tight ends a "security blanket" for Dak? Nope.
Are any of the tight ends producing even a few tds? Nope.
Are any of the tight ends a leader on the field? Nope.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I think Shultz's ceiling will be as a high-end #2 TE. He'll probably develop into a good blocker and reliable receiving target within 10 yards. But they still a TE that can work the seam down field but still be a good blocker. They'll need to spend a higher draft pick to find that player.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know this wasn't for me, but do honestly think Witten has not been missed this season?
If so, I disagree

DFWJC

Reaction score

Not taking Kittle in the 4th was certainly a miss.