Dalvin Cook per Jerry Jones, "probably not this week"

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two nickels and might not even be worth that much, but I think it's now due to the defensive shortages.

This might've been the game they targeted all along seeing as he's missed training camp and all of that.

But now they need to beef up the defense, so he might to sit another week to see how the defense holds up.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Still not sure if Cook will ever play a down
then why was he brought here, I think Jerry is bluffing, I think he'll get the call. The problem is, nobody has been GOD awful to be honest in TERMS of mental mistakes. If one of these backs had a fumble or penalty that cost us during the game, then I could see one of them being moved off the roster to the practice squad, but they've been fine in that aspect so far

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Two nickels and might not even be worth that much, but I think it's now due to the defensive shortages.

This might've been the game they targeted all along seeing as he's missed training camp and all of that.

But now they need to beef up the defense, so he might to sit another week to see how the defense holds up.
beef it up and let Duece sit this game!!

montgod

Reaction score
This to me signals 1 of 2 things.

1. Cook just doesn’t look that good in practice. And is likely washed himself.

2. Pure Jones’ stubbornness.

Not sure which one. Maybe even a mixture of both.
I agree cause I'm not sure how Hunt just jumps right in the fold and Cook has been here for weeks and nothing - not that I think it would make a difference with the OL. Your #2 might actually mean he wants another team to steal him to get from paying him since he already sees the reality of what this season will be

Majic

Reaction score
then why was he brought here, I think Jerry is bluffing, I think he'll get the call. The problem is, nobody has been GOD awful to be honest in TERMS of mental mistakes. If one of these backs had a fumble or penalty that cost us during the game, then I could see one of them being moved off the roster to the practice squad, but they've been fine in that aspect so far
A favour to Mike who liked him, but then Jerry has changed his mind

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly it should be him and Rico splitting carries.

Deuce should be on the practice squad and zeke
Should only get carries on 3rd or 4th and 2 or less yards to go.
then like they did with Zeke, bring him in as the closer at the end of the game???

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This makes no sense. This has to be an internal beef thing. My guess is Jerry pushed for Lance to be #2, Mike keeps Rush as #2. Mike pushes for Cook and Jerry signs him just to let him sit and forces Duece in the lineup in spite of Mike. AT this point, If I am Mike McCarthy, I just go awol. Yea i would never coach again but I would have enough money to not worry about it and could write a best seller dissing Jones and make millions.