Twitter: Dalvin Cook to wear 20

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He’s a good player but how long will it last.

Zeke will look good early on and we will have to suffer watching him down the stretch because of his good start at the beginning of the season.

These older RBs will look like themselves for short periods of time but it’s not sustainable.
I just hope we don't ride Zeke for 15-20 carries a game and our committee approach includes 5 carries for Rico, and a few for whoever the 3rd runner is. Would prefer to see 7-10 spread out for each runner.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I just hope we don't ride Zeke for 15-20 carries a game and our committee approach includes 5 carries for Rico, and a few for whoever the 3rd runner is. Would prefer to see 7-10 spread out for each runner.
I would tend to just go with the hot hand, whoever that might be.

There will be defenses that deal better with power than quickness, and vice-versa. Just ride whoever is hurting them the most.

But yeah, I do agree they should split carries up which will indeed keep the guys fresh for December.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They should just play Vaughn.

He’s our best RB and would easily get the most production if given the opportunity.
So you believe. Doesn't make it true.

I like Vaughn, but he needs to prove that he deserves more carries. When he gets the opportunity, he needs to show that he's better than these two at-the-wall backs and a never-has-been one. He's not going to get a lot at first, but he's got to do a lot with them to get more.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So you believe. Doesn't make it true.

I like Vaughn, but he needs to prove that he deserves more carries. When he gets the opportunity, he needs to show that he's better than these two at-the-wall backs and a never-has-been one. He's not going to get a lot at first, but he's got to do a lot with them to get more.

Kinda hard to prove it when your organization goes off country club accomplishments and not who is actually better at football.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Kinda hard to prove it when your organization goes off country club accomplishments and not who is actually better at football.
I don't know. You still have to show you deserve the carries. Last year was a challenge for him because they mainly put him in to finish out games. But if he had thrived in that situation then I think we would have been more inclined to trust him with more carries. Remember that he's the son of a Cowboys scout, so the team wants him to succeed.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I was thinking before Cook signed that he would get 12-15, simply because we don't know if Rico can handle much of a load or how/if they will use Vaughn. Now, that we have a second back who has proven he can handle double-digit carries, I think 10 may be norm for both him and Elliott, but it may depend on who is having the most success. I think Vaughn and Dowdle will be more limited unless they do a lot with what they are given.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Is Dalvin only on the practice squad until he learns the plays? I’m confused with the committee. I assumed Rico would start, but with Elliott and Cook now I don't know. Then Deuce and Luepoke, they always end up with too many weapons. I will say that with a long season I think teams need 4 RBs now not 3.

Chasing6

Reaction score

How come every FA we sign is just thankful for the opportunity??? None of them come with an attitude of immediately making the team better?

They all seem to be comfortable with a limited or secondary role.

Thanks GM Jethro.

I know, I know, it's Dak's fault.