News: Damontae Kazee Arrested

Sydla

Reaction score
What overreactions?

He is going to be convicted for DUI and suspended by the league. You think that is unfair?

blueblood has a basic mantra. He defends all things Cowboys at all times. Any rational human can see that Kazee acted stupidly here, should be criticized for an awful decision that could have caused injury or death and likely will face consequences from the league after the court system does their thing.

But in blueblood's world, this is all unfair to Kazee. Why? Because COWBOYZ!

Sydla

Reaction score
Lighten up Francis. They are kids. Kids make mistakes. If you want to be a self righteous Puritan, then goto church and splash holy water all over yourself and scream at how pure and righteous you are.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will engage the human experience with empathy, compassion, and restorative advice for our fellow primates over and above the retributive, pharisaical caterwauling you enjoy.

This is such a bizarre take.

There is nothing "self righteous" about saying Kazee did something incredibly stupid that could have cause a significant accident and brought harm to himself, or worse, others. He's 28 years old. If we can't expect a 28 year old to know not to drive drunk, then geezus................

Assuming the story is as reported, Kazee should face punishment via courts and then likely will face some sort of punishment by the league. I can't really show empathy for someone that does something so incredibly stupid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

There is nothing "self righteous" about saying Kazee did something incredibly stupid that could have cause a significant accident and brought harm to himself, or worse, others. He's 28 years old. If we can't expect a 28 year old to know not to drive drunk, then geezus................

Assuming the story is as reported, Kazee should face punishment via courts and then likely will face some sort of punishment by the league. I can't really show empathy for someone that does something so incredibly stupid.

I agree. I don't think much will happen in terms of the courts considering this was a 1st offense. Likely will get probation. Now the league on the other hand that will be different. Not sure how many games he may get.

Sydla

Reaction score
Funny how you can tell a child not to touch a hot stove and they listen but yet a 28 year old ADULT can't figure out not to drink and drive.....all while people try and claim they are kids and their brains aren't developed enough at 28 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!

I just want to make sure I am understanding him correctly................ a 28 year old's brain isn't developed enough to know that he shouldn't get behind a wheel while impaired and that because of that, we should show empathy and support and not criticize Kazee for doing something that could have injured/killed himself or someone else?

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree. I don't think much will happen in terms of the courts considering this was a 1st offense. Likely will get probation. Now the league on the other hand that will be different. Not sure how many games he may get.

And I am not on the "cut him!" train here. Let this get through the court system and let the league handle this. More than likely it will all happen next year and we may not even want to resign him anyway.

But to make excuses for him or argue we should show empathy and support for him is just crazy to me. He made a massively stupid mistake that could have significant ramifications beyond just himself, as does anyone who drives drunk.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And I am not on the "cut him!" train here. Let this get through the court system and let the league handle this. More than likely it will all happen next year and we may not even want to resign him anyway.

But to make excuses for him or argue we should show empathy and support for him is just crazy to me. He made a massively stupid mistake that could have significant ramifications beyond just himself, as does anyone who drives drunk.

I'm not looking for him to be cut either. I do think it not only was stupid but selfish. McCarthy had just warned the players heading into the bye week about being smart and enjoying the time off. If he get suspended then his action hurt the team since suspended players are at that point worthless to the team. He has to be smarter than this

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I just want to make sure I am understanding him correctly................ a 28 year old's brain isn't developed enough to know that he shouldn't get behind a wheel while impaired and that because of that, we should show empathy and support and not criticize Kazee for doing something that could have injured/killed himself or someone else?

Exactly and based on his thinking seeing as how Kazee is a kid and his brain isn't fully developed yet then he shouldn't have a driver's license, shouldn't be allowed to vote, shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL, etc. etc.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score

You can’t show empathy for someone that makes a mistake?

Sounds like you think libertarian free will is an actual thing, which to be fair, is what the overwhelming amount of people think and it’s demonstrably wrong.

People drink and drive because they think they are fine. They don’t get into a vehicle with the intent to harm others. They get in the vehicle to go to their next destination.

People that are bone weary tired from say, working 3-4 jobs while getting grossly under the needed hours of sleep a human brain needs to function properly, get in cars as well and studies have shown that these people have similar reaction times to an inebriated person. Yet I’m sure you can show empathy for the person tired from hustling for money so they can feed their family.

So just try and do the same for Kazee. He will pay for his mistake and hopefully learn from it. He doesn’t need to be morally flogged by the board Pharisees on top of what he already has coming his way. It’s pointless. Restorative versus retributive justice is so much more efficient.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Exactly and based on his thinking seeing as how Kazee is a kid and his brain isn't fully developed yet then he shouldn't have a driver's license, shouldn't be allowed to vote, shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL, etc. etc.
Lmao…

Of course a kid can potentially do all of those things. Being a kid doesn’t mean one is incapable of responsibility. Responsibility exists on a spectrum relative to the capabilities and gifts a person has.

This shouldn’t be hard to understand lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You can’t show empathy for someone that makes a mistake?

Sounds like you think libertarian free will is an actual thing, which to be fair, is what the overwhelming amount of people think and it’s demonstrably wrong.

People drink and drive because they think they are fine. They don’t get into a vehicle with the intent to harm others. They get in the vehicle to go to their next destination.

People that are bone weary tired from say, working 3-4 jobs, while getting grossly under the needed hours of sleep a human brain needs to function properly, get in cars as well and studies have shown that these people have similar reaction times to an inebriated person. Yet I’m sure you can show empathy for the person tired from hustling for money so they can feed their family.

So just try and do the same for Kazee. He will pay for his mistake and hopefully learn from it. He doesn’t need to be morally flogged by the board Pharisees on top of what he already has coming his way. It’s pointless. Restorative versus retributive justice is so much more efficient.

It could come out he was right at the limit after 2 beers at dinner and thats a tough break....but regardless he has to know better..right? No he should not be banned from life for this its just such an easily avoidable problem with all the available choices for a ride in todays reality....its hard not to say "Come on Man"...of course need to hear the full story for sure...

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Dumb of course. But as it relates to the team, the suspension probably won't come until 2022 when he's probably on another team.