News: Damontae Kazee Arrested

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Both my kids are collegiate athletes who did well
academically In high school. My oldest is going to grad school after the spring semester.

They don’t know ish nor think like adults.
My son graduated high school at 16 and is now majoring in robotics at MIT. My daughter is a registered nurse. They are both highly responsible adults.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
man there is some folks around here with tight britches. Problem with folks that don't drink all the time is they have no clue what their number is. He failed his test so, he was over his number. Just get a ride home. 3AM should have been the first clue.

cristglo

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can justify driving under the influence or even say wait till the facts come out. If you're going to go to a bar a party have a designated driver get a ride to the place so you are not put in that position in the first place. Friends don't let Friends drive under the influence period! Yes, we all make mistakes but one mistake like that can cost a life is that even worth the risk?

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
My son graduated high school at 16 and is now majoring in robotics at MIT. My daughter is a registered nurse. They are both highly responsible adults.
Nice!

He still wasn’t an adult at 16. That’s complete horse****.

Neither are kids sent to combat zones at 18.

They are still kids

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
But NFL players have more resources available than the average person to be able to catch a ride. And I disagree with DUI, because so many things can go wrong and it's risking everyone else's lives on the road.

Well I'm glad everyone feels that way as I thought I was being too prudish not to join the drinking game where you puncture the can of beer.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Well I'm glad everyone feels that way as I thought I was being too prudish not to join the drinking game where you puncture the can of beer.
You were. You have no idea what kind of night you might have had. It could have been amazing. You could have thrown up in your underwear, put them back on and experienced an amazing array of smells the next morning.

You screwed up buddy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nice!

He still wasn’t an adult at 16. That’s complete horse****.

Neither are kids sent to combat zones at 18.

They are still kids
I enlisted in the USAF at age 20 after getting my bachelor's degree in applied science. I retired from the military at 40 and started my own microcircuitry engineering company with a government contract. Rather than being content with inheriting my company, my son earned a full-ride scholarship at age 16. You're right, legally he wasn't an adult yet but he was taking control of his life better than most adults I know.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I thought drunk driving was legal in Texas........
Yeah, don't infringe on my individual freedom to drink and drive.

On a serious note can he be suspended and or pay an NFL as well as a civil fine for a first offense?

stinkface

Reaction score
Live and learn. He will hopefully learn from this. I'm sure if its a one off he will be fine. If this is a trend he will be out the door by the end of this week. PS. What would Jimmy do?

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I enlisted in the USAF at age 20 after getting my bachelor's degree in applied science. I retired from the military at 40 and started my own microcircuitry engineering company with a government contract. Rather than being content with inheriting my company, my son earned a full-ride scholarship at age 16. You're right, legally he wasn't an adult yet but he was taking control of his life better than most adults I know.
And that’s a testament in large part to your parenting but, and please don’t take this the wrong way, it’s more of a testament IMO to your son’s immense, innate talents. Most kids/humans aren’t so blessed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And that’s a testament in large part to your parenting but, and please don’t take this the wrong way, it’s more of a testament IMO to your son’s immense, innate talents. Most kids/humans aren’t so blessed.
I 100% agree he is blessed but he didn't have to take advantage of those blessings. He could have just hung out with friends playing video games and glued to his cell phone. He's never been about any of that. Rather than just being a consumer of technology he has been more interested in creating it.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Lighten up Francis. They are kids. Kids make mistakes. If you want to be a self righteous Puritan, then goto church and splash holy water all over yourself and scream at how pure and righteous you are.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will engage the human experience with empathy, compassion, and restorative advice for our fellow primates over and above the retributive, pharisaical caterwauling you enjoy.

So at 28 years old he is considered a 'kid'????? Damn, when I was a 'kid' at 17 I was enlisted in the military so I guess the term 'kid' sure has changed.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
BAC limits for alcohol do vary state by state but the legal limits are generally far below what most people would need to actually be inebriated and for good reason. These laws aren’t designed to discourage driving while drunk. They are designed to discourage drinking any alcohol whatsoever and driving. I’m sure Kazee will learn this lesson just like tens millions of other Americans in their 20’s have learned.

...and what about those that get hit by drunk drivers? Did they learn their lesson? Oh wait, some are dead because some decided to drink and drive.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
They are absolutely kids. When you are 20-30 those are the years you learn how to be an adult and mistakes are going to happen and they are going to happen often. The latest neurological research has strong evidence indicating that modern human brains aren’t done developing until the mid-20’s. Kazee is 28. He’s barely passed beyond that point and still has a ton to learn about life.

Expecting a developing brain and inexperienced brain to make decisions based on the actions of say, a 40 - 50 y/o brain, is piss-poor expectations borne out of unsound reasoning. He made a mistake like tens of millions of other Americans, some far older than him, have made. He will learn from it. Crucifying him is the last thing that needs to be done. He will pay his fines and suffer the consequences of having a DUI on his record. He doesn’t, on top of that, need to also self-flagellate himself to appease self-righteous onlookers who need a show while they tsk-tsk at him in disgust.

Funny how you can tell a child not to touch a hot stove and they listen but yet a 28 year old ADULT can't figure out not to drink and drive.....all while people try and claim they are kids and their brains aren't developed enough at 28 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think I have seen other DWI players and goodell gave them 1 game. So he will get 2 and Elliot will 5. I bet goodell will pick the toughest game. He will wait.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Nah..

He’s celebrating being 5-1 in the most competitive, physically grueling team sport in the world.

Far above your meager offerings in life I’d surmise lol

So in one second you are trying to espouse scientific information and then in the next belittling people with insults? Classy.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
...and what about those that get hit by drunk drivers? Did they learn their lesson? Oh wait, some are dead because some decided to drink and drive.
And some people are dead because others have chosen to drive while they were tired and in need of rest.

What is your point?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This was stupid on Kazee part. Now we wait to see if the league hands down any suspension. When players do stupid things like this they not only hurt themselves they let the team down because a suspended player is worthless to the team. Cowboys got something special taking place right now and some guys need to grow the F up.