Dan Le Batard on Zeke

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I've seen it all now. A guy is literally loafing on the field, making zero effort to compete and help tackle a defender, preferring to let the rest of his teammates on the field do it and we have fans that are excusing it.

Unfreakingbelievable

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I've seen it all now. A guy is literally loafing on the field, making zero effort to compete and help tackle a defender, preferring to let the rest of his teammates on the field do it and we have fans that are excusing it.

Unfreakingbelievable
We are all different and don't care about the same stuff even though Im sure you'll believe your views are better than mine on this topic. Unfreakingbelieveable

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
28604cd215343b3db2bc008163211104--drama-quotes-a-thought.jpg

knightrider94

Reaction score
Part of the reason these athletes make millions of dollars is their public presence and their ability to stay out of trouble so they can stay on the field. It's right there in their contracts.

If at 21 you signed a similar deal and broke it I hope people held you to the same standard people are trying to hold these million dollar athletes to.

I imagine if you were an owner and you handed someone $25MM you'd expect them to keep their nose clean.
Yes, If I were the owner of a billion dollar business, I would expect my employee or player to keep their nose clean and honor his or her contract. That is what he owes to his employer and himself. If he fails to do so, then he risks losing that job or position. However, that was not the point of my original post. Like I said, I wish some in the "media" would just back off a bit. I think it is okay for me to believe Zeke should be held accountable for his behavior and that the media in all of its forms should just back off a bit. But hey, maybe I am wrong...but that's okay too...

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Pretty funny how people can take a picture of a guy exhaling and call him fat.

The guy was just in the ESPN body magazin a few months ago, I don’t want to share those pics though.

Oh to be young and fat. SIgn me up by the way.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Yes, If I were the owner of a billion dollar business, I would expect my employee or player to keep their nose clean and honor his or her contract. That is what he owes to his employer and himself. If he fails to do so, then he risks losing that job or position. However, that was not the point of my original post. Like I said, I wish some in the "media" would just back off a bit. I think it is okay for me to believe Zeke should be held accountable for his behavior and that the media in all of its forms should just back off a bit. But hey, maybe I am wrong...but that's okay too...
Why exactly should the media not report on an area of interest for the public?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
We are all different and don't care about the same stuff even though Im sure you'll believe your views are better than mine on this topic. Unfreakingbelieveable

We are all different and have different POVs. But putting effort on the field and not quitting on your teammates is as close to a universal, objective requirement as there is.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
We are all different and have different POVs. But putting effort on the field and not quitting on your teammates is as close to a universal, objective requirement as there is.
See the flaw in your post is you're still forgetting we still look at the second sentence different. How we look at it is different or else we wouldn't disagree and you wouldn't be amazed so many don't look at it the same as you do. I think a lot of people on your side are fans of false hustle that looks good. I'm pretty sure you disagree with me and that's just how we see certain things. No biggie that much I know we can agree on

knightrider94

Reaction score
You said you want the media to "back off."

The Cowboys are of intense public interest.
"Back off" does not equate to "not report". Again, you are reaching.

There is reporting and then there is piling on. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

/end of my time in this thread...