Dan Le Batard on Zeke

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So what if it is. There are a lot of players that do that. They just aren't pasted on ESPN every other minute. It's not really a big deal, I'd rather see him pout during a butt kicking than acting indifferent, eating a Hot Dog
Reminds me of when they went after Dez on the sidelines. Most of it was bogus.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Can people leave this man alone. I mean I know he's undergoing suspension/investigation but man how much can you discuss about one football player. Everything this guy does is under a microscope more than any athlete I've seen in a while. People need to remember that Zeke is a human being first. Constantly discussing everything about this guy can do damage to a person. I'm not saying Zeke is going to go OJ or something but the media needs to chill on this guy. We know he's not perfect but discussing everything that is going on with him is way overdoing it.

And Dan Lebatard sucks, his show sucks, he thinks he's funny and entertaining and he's not.
I can't stand Dan Lebatard. He's the worst personality on ESPN and that's saying a lot.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
i'm not saying the guy doesn't need to mature on and especially off the field. but media will spin it any which way they want to make a story and headline. dez goes to fire up his team, he's always a hot head and immature because he screams on the sideline even though you don't know what he's saying. zeke doesn't do it and he is indifferent and doesn't care about his team because they are losing.

Solid point.

I remember that clearly because the media assumed DB was "throwing a fit" due to only being targeted once or something. Then the clip was released of him mic'd up and it was DB telling everyone on the sideline that they are the best and he was trying to motivate/encourage the team.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Its water weight.
Both photos were game shots. Look I was an athlete. You can't tell me that Zeke is not carrying bad weight vis-a-vis last year. It's just not true. It's obvious in how he looks and how he has played these first two weeks.

knightrider94

Reaction score
I am so so glad that everything I did at 21, 22 is not posted daily on blogs and talked about on shows 24/7.

I wish some of these people would think back decades to when they were that age and back off a little bit. The hypocrisy is sometimes astounding.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I am so so glad that everything I did at 21, 22 is not posted daily on blogs and talked about on shows 24/7.

I wish some of these people would think back decades to when they were that age and back off a little bit. The hypocrisy is sometimes astounding.
Part of the reason these athletes make millions of dollars is their public presence and their ability to stay out of trouble so they can stay on the field. It's right there in their contracts.

If at 21 you signed a similar deal and broke it I hope people held you to the same standard people are trying to hold these million dollar athletes to.

I imagine if you were an owner and you handed someone $25MM you'd expect them to keep their nose clean.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What off the field problems are brewing? Brewing insinuates some stuff is about to happen and go down so enlighten us on just what this is.

Who cares if he is a leader or not. That's not his job and you can't force it on him. He was not a leader at Ohio St so why do you expect that here? Your leaders on the team are Witten, Lee, Dez and Dak in the making. 3/5 of the OL as well. We don't need Zeke to be a leader.

Like everything else in the past with him, people jump on some narrative and try to blow it out of proportion. I'm sure you probably took the word of some Twitter randoms saying he punched the guy out at the club.

No problem.............He about to get suspended at some point more than likely for the 6 games. Once you get suspended, other infractions get longer. Kabeesh?

LOL..........His job is not to be a leader? Never mind, I have no interest in continuing.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No problem.............He about to get suspended at some point more than likely for the 6 games. Once you get suspended, other infractions get longer. Kabeesh?

LOL..........His job is not to be a leader? Never mind, I have no interest in continuing.
You have no interest in continuing because maybe what you are saying is bogus even to you. Even if he does get suspended unless you think he did it we know this is a frame job. What other infractions would he get suspended for? Why is his job to be a leader because you say so?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have no interest in continuing because maybe what you are saying is bogus even to you. Even if he does get suspended unless you think he did it we know this is a frame job. What other infractions would he get suspended for? Why is his job to be a leader because you say so?

Just seems like your going to defend Zeke no matter what. And to say the 4th pick in the draft isnt supposed to be a leader/franchise type cornerstone is so far ridiculous its not worth talking about.

In my opinion considering ALL the dumb things that have happened to him, his fault or not, including his attitude in the loss that hes not a very mature or smart guy. And he is certainly in the league cross hairs now. THEY have it out for him. I would think they would be looking for him to screw up any way, any how going forward. And the next suspension is going to be a long one.

So for a guy like ME that would NEVER take a RB with the 4th pick this make it all harder to swallow. And certainly know what I know now make it even more so.

But that doesnt change the fact that I love Zeke, think he is an awesome back and see how he makes this team a lot better. But like you saw last year..........................even with Zeke and a dominant run game we cant win it all with a shoddy defense and pass rush.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Just seems like your going to defend Zeke no matter what. And to say the 4th pick in the draft isnt supposed to be a leader/franchise type cornerstone is so far ridiculous its not worth talking about.

In my opinion considering ALL the dumb things that have happened to him, his fault or not, including his attitude in the loss that hes not a very mature or smart guy. And he is certainly in the league cross hairs now. THEY have it out for him. I would think they would be looking for him to screw up any way, any how going forward. And the next suspension is going to be a long one.

So for a guy like ME that would NEVER take a RB with the 4th pick this make it all harder to swallow. And certainly know what I know now make it even more so.

But that doesnt change the fact that I love Zeke, think he is an awesome back and see how he makes this team a lot better. But like you saw last year..........................even with Zeke and a dominant run game we cant win it all with a shoddy defense and pass rush.

The Cowboys were well aware of all the rumblings regarding Elliott's "character issues" when they drafted him. Just because his other-worldly potential on the field outweighed the associated risk in the front office personnel's minds, doesn't mean they drafted him with the false notion that he was going to become the team leader.

Would it be nice if he had transformed into that? Sure. But I think you're misguided in assuming that he was drafted to be a team leader simply because he was taken with the 4th overall pick. He was taken that early for the reasons we saw last year - he's a truly special talent. Besides, if he was drafted to fill a team leadership role even with all the background information our front office had, then that's a front office problem.

Can't buy an orange and then fault it for not being an apple.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys were well aware of all the rumblings regarding Elliott's "character issues" when they drafted him. Just because his other-worldly potential on the field outweighed the associated risk in the front office personnel's minds, doesn't mean they drafted him with the false notion that he was going to become the team leader.

Would it be nice if he had transformed into that? Sure. But I think you're misguided in assuming that he was drafted to be a team leader simply because he was taken with the 4th overall pick. He was taken that early for the reasons we saw last year - he's a truly special talent. Besides, if he was drafted to fill a team leadership role even with all the background information our front office had, then that's a front office problem.

Can't buy an orange and then fault it for not being an apple.

Garrett expects them all the be a RKG leaders dont you listen to him? LOL

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Just seems like you listen to anything that benefits you because it don't matter who the player is I'd feel the same way. It is worth talking about because that's not why you go fourth. If that's the case Tebow should've went fourth. Hell Jason Witten should've went fourth but as we know they didn't. You don't want to talk about it because it's just emotional stuff from you not stuff based in reality. To be picked fourth you're supposed to be a great player maybe a leader but the great player is definitely a requirement.

He's smart enough to choose a profession that pays him more than what most here make in a year on a weekly basis. That's smart to me because it's a lot of "smart" regular people out here. If these people are sooo smart why are they just as regular as the majority of people out here? That's why I don't like using this alleged smartness troupe people like to use. Who is to say he gets anothe DV charge? Maybe you are the.not smart one if you think he will get in another dv situation. If he does I'll be the first one to say he isn't making good decisions.

No offense but you wouldn't take a rb because you're parroting others and I don't pay that no mind. Until a few years ago nobody said that then all of a sudden that's the new thing. I can't take that seriously.

Now the last paragraph we do agree on and we both hope in our own ways that he will not do things that has people talking about him except in a positive way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just seems like you listen to anything that benefits you because it don't matter who the player is I'd feel the same way. It is worth talking about because that's not why you go fourth. If that's the case Tebow should've went fourth. Hell Jason Witten should've went fourth but as we know they didn't. You don't want to talk about it because it's just emotional stuff from you not stuff based in reality. To be picked fourth you're supposed to be a great player maybe a leader but the great player is definitely a requirement.

He's smart enough to choose a profession that pays him more than what most here make in a year on a weekly basis. That's smart to me because it's a lot of "smart" regular people out here. If these people are sooo smart why are they just as regular as the majority of people out here? That's why I don't like using this alleged smartness troupe people like to use. Who is to say he gets anothe DV charge? Maybe you are the.not smart one if you think he will get in another dv situation. If he does I'll be the first one to say he isn't making good decisions.

No offense but you wouldn't take a rb because you're parroting others and I don't pay that no mind. Until a few years ago nobody said that then all of a sudden that's the new thing. I can't take that seriously.

Now the last paragraph we do agree on and we both hope in our own ways that he will not do things that has people talking about him except in a positive way.

Ive got my own opinions pal. If you dont agree, thats not my problem. I wouldnt take a RB 4th and certainly in analyzing what has transpired through Sunday with Zeke. Nothing to do with guilt or anyone elses opinion. Said as much before the draft two years ago and years before.

The ONLY time I would entertain taking a RB 4th is if my defense and offense were already complete and a back was the last peace to the puzzle. Which Zeke was not at the time.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ive got my own opinions pal. If you dont agree, thats not my problem. I wouldnt take a RB 4th and certainly in analyzing what has transpired through Sunday with Zeke. Nothing to do with guilt or anyone elses opinion. Said as much before the draft two years ago and years before.

The ONLY time I would entertain taking a RB 4th is if my defense and offense were already complete and a back was the last peace to the puzzle. Which Zeke was not at the time.
You think you have your own opinions pal but you don't. Don't be all sensitive we all parrot others views often. It don't matter what you say it sounds like other more influential people's view on the topic so I'm not believing you came up with this on your own with no input from others. Again don't be upset I've parroted people that know more about me on a given topic many times myself. It isn't a bad thing because I doubt you were in the late 80's/90's saying no Rb in the first.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You think you have your own opinions pal but you don't. Don't be all sensitive we all parrot others views often. It don't matter what you say it sounds like other more influential people's view on the topic so I'm not believing you came up with this on your own with no input from others. Again don't be upset I've parroted people that know more about me on a given topic many times myself. It isn't a bad thing because I doubt you were in the late 80's/90's saying no Rb in the first.[/QUOTE

Never mind, Ill just put you on ignore.