Twitter: Dan Orlovsky: "Cowboy fans I lied to y'all"

Reaction score
He doesn't deserve Wilson money. One game shouldn't shift that. It would be foolish to pay him based off an opening weekend game.

Give him a Goff life contract and just move on.
I would wager that Jerry is doing just that.

I just don't think Dak is willing to sign it.

Qcard

Reaction score
Prescott is an intelligent young man. He is also not Tom Brady.

Jones will want to pay Prescott. In reality, no one is forcing him to pay Prescott one additional dime more than he wants. Jones has the option of moving his franchise beyond Prescott and 'save' the salary cap.

Jones will not do that though. He cannot dial up 800-QTR-BACK and easily replace a player he believes is a franchise-caliber one. As unintelligent as some of his critics believe him to be, Jones comprehends how any signing will both impact his salary cap's bottom line and flexibility in future roster acquisitions beneficial for sustained successful stability. Jones is also a gambler, who is willing to bet the future will swing favorably his way.

Prescott, like others before him, are easy targets for those who do not appreciate the team's salary cap getting blown up from within. Jones should be the target but isn't. Personally, my expectations are directed at a lifetime self-entrenched general manager making all the 'right' moves to bring home a Lombardi Trophy to Cowboys fans--and not at Prescott.
Brady in year 4 of career wasn't the 2019 GOAT Brady.
Whilst he had his 1st Superbow, Brady was intelligent enough to understand the Patriots team concept berth by the Greatest Coach in ALL sports.

No one will ever experience Brady's support, but Dak is intelligent too I concur.

I hope Dak understands the importance of Salary cap and lessens his cap percentage asking price to less than 20%.

But it takes intelligent and talented players to win. You can't also dialup 1 800 WINLOMBARDI.

Jerry has to determine if Dak isn't Brady yet....first step

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope Dak understands the importance of Salary cap and lessens his cap percentage asking price to less than 20%.
It will be sheer coincidence if that does happen.
Jerry has to determine if Dak isn't Brady yet....first step
Jerry Jones moved on to Prescott in October 2016 with a full personal commitment as his new franchise quarterback. It is just my opinion but I doubt Jones has privately held any comparisons between Prescott and Brady--although it would not surprise me if such a comparison has, in fact, escaped his lips into an awaiting microphone. :laugh:He talks SO much! :( Now, I would totally believe he has privately compared Prescott to Aikman and even to Romo, albeit probably to a slightly lesser degree.

For these personal conclusions, I would add also that Jones has long since passed Step 1. Way past. In my opinion, step 1 was deciding and committing to Prescott as his guy. Jones is working on Step 2 right now, which is securing Prescott's services long-term--a decision I fully believe Jones made and planned for by the end of October 2016.

shabazz

Reaction score
For these personal conclusions, I would add also that Jones has long since passed Step 1. Way past. In my opinion, step 1 was deciding and committing to Prescott as his guy. Jones is working on Step 2 right now, which is securing Prescott's services long-term--a decision I fully believe Jones made and planned for by the end of October 2016.

oh no doubt, they've passed the hand holding stage and heading to 3rd base....

shabazz

Reaction score
As someone who minored in Economics, I must point out that you have constructed a finance/financial argument. Your assumption is not based on an economics determination.

Quite true however to some extent, economics encompass finance since it includes financial theory.

But, you can retain nerd credentials on this one. Most mere mortals understood the broader point.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
To all of the Dak doubters/critics who wanted Jerry to wait to pay Dak until he proved his worth by season's end, I see y'all are now singing a different tune and instead wanting Dak to sign right now instead of later due to realizing how much more it's going to cost the Cowboys to retain Dak by season's end?

I'll just say...

You were blind with disdain for the player because you personally don't like him for whatever reason, but at least now you truly see his potential and ability to become a Top 5 QB. Better late than never. Now you see why it was much better to resign Dak sooner than later.
:clap::cool:o_O;)

Btw...

A few of us TOLD YOU SO. :popcorn:

GO DAK! :starspin:GO COWBOYS!

Qcard

Reaction score
It will be sheer coincidence if that does happen.
Jerry Jones moved on to Prescott in October 2016 with a full personal commitment as his new franchise quarterback. It is just my opinion but I doubt Jones has privately held any comparisons between Prescott and Brady--although it would not surprise me if such a comparison has, in fact, escaped his lips into an awaiting microphone. :laugh:He talks SO much! :( Now, I would totally believe he has privately compared Prescott to Aikman and even to Romo, albeit probably to a slightly lesser degree.

Based on Jerry relationship with Romo, I do have to somewhat agree he's past step 1 because I never believed nor wanted Dak to start over a ready Romo.
Tough decision...we just hope Dak looks at the big picture...ala Brady taking cap friendly QB deal... it's an intelligent move

uvaballa

Reaction score
We’ve been saying run more play action passes. It amazed me that one of the top rushing teams didn’t PA pass more.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
One side wants 7 years and wants 5 years or less. Dak side is afraid of getting locked in on one figure only to find his salary ranking in the teens 4-5 years later. Actually, why put in a clause saying his salary has to be top 5 over the life on the contract. If it drops below top 5 becomes a free agent.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quite true however to some extent, economics encompass finance since it includes financial theory.

But, you can retain nerd credentials on this one. Most mere mortals understood the broader point.
lol @ 'financial theory'. Anything remotely associated with monetary/currency systems can be connected to financial theory.

Economics and finance are interconnected fields but they are not the same thing. Thus stating:

If someone likes the player and wants them to be the franchise QB thats fine, to each their own, but some of Dak"s cheerleaders want him to break the bank and make double the salary of Brady as though it vindicates their support of him........as you said, an exorbitant, ludicrous salary only hurts the TEAM.

I wanted to re-sign Zeke but if it was 10 million dollars less i would have been much happier. Some just don't get Economics 101

... is equivalent to making two financial assumptions. First, how a large player contract significantly subtracts from the allotted salary cap. In short, $$$$$$. Secondly, how a lower contractual amount would not adversely impact the salary cap as the larger amount. Again, in short, $$$$$. You made a Finance 101 analogy, of which I would not have commented in the first place if you had typed that instead.

On the topic of player contracts, economics helps with understanding the personal motivations influenced by supply, demand and scarcity. It is a social science that can (if the student is willing) assist with comprehending the reasoning why a billionaire would spend one penny to retain any player when they own the option to spend it on another player. In simplification, trying to make economics = finance is akin to Jerry Jones mulling over...

"I got money. I got hundreds of millions flowing in from operating expenses, oil stock, licensing agreements, etc. Net worth in the billions. Man! I am loaded! But dang it. My bank account would love not paying Prescott only $40 million dollars a year. Shoot. I can fuel up my yacht with those cost-savings! Gene! Grab your coat! I don't need to pay no stinking franchise quarterback! We're sailing for the Mediterranean! YEEEEEEHAWWWW!"

o_O Seriously.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The signing delay is indicative of Prescott maximizing his potential return in a new contract. He is strengthening his negotiating position with each gameday performance and victory. And Moore is aiding him now with a (seemingly) improved offensive game plan--even if its origin is partially from the great state of Idaho, lol. Smart.
By the same token , if he gets too greedy , any decent QB should be able to replicate the success of the scheme. Just pointing out... not that is going to happen

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on Jerry relationship with Romo, I do have to somewhat agree he's past step 1 because I never believed nor wanted Dak to start over a ready Romo.
Tough decision...we just hope Dak looks at the big picture...ala Brady taking cap friendly QB deal... it's an intelligent move
Is it safe saying a plainly obvious trap has been set for when Prescott signs? Like, he signs a contract, that averages more than what the salary cap can manage in some people's opinion, for getting and keeping quality talent, so it can justify posting countless "IT'S ALL PRESCOTT'S FAULT" messages on CowboysZone daily for the next six years? Minimum?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By the same token , if he gets too greedy , any decent QB should be able to replicate the success of the scheme. Just pointing out... not that is going to happen
Key phrase: 'any decent quarterback'.

Jerry Jones has overseen the acquisition of starting quarterbacks Troy Aikman, Tony Romo and Dak Prescott. He has also had a hand in getting older veteran quarterbacks like Randall Cunningham, Vinny Testaverde, and Drew Bledsoe, along with the Anthony Wrights, Quincy Carters, Ryan Leafs, Clint Stoerners and Drew Hensons. Currently, Jones has backup quarterbacks Cooper Rush and Mike White. (I think. Is White still kickin' it? I am drawing a blank.)

If I may..? Allow me to point out that it is not a certainty this general manager, even by the helpful grace of Wil McClay's intelligence, could insert any decent quarterback in any immediate hypothetical post-Prescott era. I believe all those following the team would hope so but it is not guaranteed to happen as quickly as anyone would hope either.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Couple side notes;

One tweeter joked yesterday he could have sworn he was watching Boise State offense Sunday. The only thing missing was the blue turf.....lol

Guess the one player who will benefit most if this Moore explosion continues.......Dak. His stats will go through the roof and he'll have wins credited to his position. Which is exactly I disagreed with fans/posters saying let's wait until of this season to sign him. Funny thing, even Jerry not sure if Dak wanna now.

Who didn't know that RPO was a good bet for us besides Linehan?

We wasted a couple of years of Dak's development and possible wins on Linehan. Sad. It was unbelievable to me when they kept him after 2017. Totally unserious.