Dan Quinn (3rd and 18)

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Every single big play all game…. Minus the throw to renfro in cover 2 was in man coverage. I don’t understand it…. I get what we wanted to do but it didn’t work. Why the hell didn’t we adjust at all?

Anthony brown wasn’t going to all of a sudden be able to cover desean Jackson

ghst187

Reaction score
Legitimately playing man the whole game made things easy on carr. And he didn’t even have Waller.

All anyone is doing is running drag routes across the middle…we can’t cover those in man and if Parsons doesn’t sack the QBs or make him make a bad throw we get hit with a big play

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well, look...

We are all happy how Quinn turned around an atrocious defense that was initially brought in by McCarthy......

But when the real deal is on the line.....

You guys can figure out the rest.

This isn't taking us above Garrett level and he is somewhere laughing right now.

JBS

Reaction score
I think they were worried about giving up the yardage for the FG but still, you have to get to Carr.

Parsons got the big sack than Carr had all day the next play.

no. This isn’t it. They needed a first down to get into range

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
no. This isn’t it. They needed a first down to get into range

No, they didn't they needed about around 15 yards to have a shot at a 55 yard FG and he already hit a 56 yard one.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
In fairness to Quinn, playing deep coverage is no guarantee of not being beat. Just look at how ARod beat us on 3rd-and-20 in the playoffs five years ago. That, and also, even a modest gain of 10-15 yards would have put Vegas in FG range.

Dialing up pressure was the right call. It was just failure to execute. The Boys D-line didn't get there.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I don’t know about anyone else but if the Wr lifts his arm and his eyes light up I am pretty sure the ball is coming so Brown might just want to turn his head.

Iago33

Reaction score
That’s why I can’t fault Brown too much. Quinn should have changed the coverage after the 1st 2 PI’s; as it obviously was becoming a trend Brown not being able to run in man coverage.
It’s Chaz Green redux. You can blame the player, but the coaches have to help him

Dre11

Reaction score
Playing man coverage all game. Anthony brown getting burned all game in man coverage.Giving up big plays and penalties. All they had to do was keep the play in front of them on 3rd and 18. Why are you in man coverage in that situation? That was atrocious. Was just asking for a penalty and he got one.

Exactly

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dak could have played much better for sure. The running game never got going.

But the D truly cost us this game. The penalties, the blown coverages, the poor tackling…. They played their worst game of the season against a team that was beat up and literally used a geriatric Desean Jackson to beat us.

Quinn did not make any adjustments. Just a terrible defensive performance.
How much better can you play with 1 receiver, 2 - 4th string receivers, and you put up nearly 400 yards and two TDs. This D allowed 500 yards.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
How much better can you play with 1 receiver, 2 - 4th string receivers, and you put up nearly 400 yards and two TDs. This D allowed 500 yards.

The offense scored 13 points in the first half and decided to wake up in the second half. We have seen “fast and furious” Dak a number of times. He missed some throws today.

That said— the D was still the main culprit IMO. When your offense scores 33 (and leaves 4 out there from missed kicks)— your D had a bad day at the office. Especially considering they literally were playing without their top weapons as well.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The offense scored 13 points in the first half and decided to wake up in the second half. We have seen “fast and furious” Dak a number of times. He missed some throws today.

That said— the D was still the main culprit IMO. When your offense scores 33 (and leaves 4 out there from missed kicks)— your D had a bad day at the office. Especially considering they literally were playing without their top weapons as well.
Never seen a QB go 40/40 for 500 yards and 7 TDs, but carry on.

Zman5

Reaction score
Well, look...

We are all happy how Quinn turned around an atrocious defense that was initially brought in by McCarthy......

But when the real deal is on the line.....

You guys can figure out the rest.

This isn't taking us above Garrett level and he is somewhere laughing right now.

JG just got fired. I doubt he's laughing right now. If he is, he's got mental issues. On second thought, he might be laughing.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Didn't Quinn adjust his philosophy to reflect what McCarthy was wanting? I mean, this defense is feast or famine, just like those Packers defenses.