Twitter: Dan Quinn getting 2nd interview with Denver

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Well right....even a "we are going to do our best to get one of them" wouldn't be good enough for me.

I wouldn't hang my second and likely final HC shot on Drew Locke.

I mean, didn't they have a top defense anyway?

What's Quinn supposed to do to fix that??

I think Denver is gonna hire Rams OC Kevin O'Connell ....The Bears may go for DQ to fix their defense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If he is going back then maybe he is interested.. Was hoping he wasn’t interested. So we need to start interviewing. Or ask straight up if he is going somewhere..

Gaede

Reaction score
I think he also had 2nd interview with the Bears. Starting to see a path for him staying.

A lot of teams will likely prefer a new, offensive coach

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Why do we keep recycling the same old guys? There just has to be some great young coaches out there.

visionary

Reaction score
You guys are crazy
Our defense was above average
It was out on a pedestal because of Parsons and the interceptions are hitch are extremely unlikely to be repeated
We sacked Garoppolo a statue ZERO times, ZERO

I’m fine if Quinn walks as long as we get an aggressive and disciplined DC to replace him

stinkface

Reaction score
I think he also had 2nd interview with the Bears. Starting to see a path for him staying.

A lot of teams will likely prefer a new, offensive coach

I don't think Chicago or Denver will hire him. They have QB issues and need a QB friendly coach. DQ strength is on the defensive side of the ball. Ditto for New York not hiring him. Raiders perhaps. They have a QB in place.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry being lukewarm on the coaching staff is probably doing no favors to him staying. Why would he pass up a HC opportunity if Jerry is going to blow up the coaching staff?

Gaede

Reaction score
I don't think Chicago or Denver will hire him. They have QB issues and need a QB friendly coach. DQ strength is on the defensive side of the ball. Ditto for New York not hiring him. Raiders perhaps. They have a QB in place.

Have the Raiders interviewed him? I don't recall

phildadon86

Reaction score
THEY SHOULD ALREADY BE INTERVIEWING FOR A NEW DC
This team hasnt been proactive for a long time. I would have had Martindale on the phone the second that news broke. Or fangio. Or flores. Preferably Flores or Wink because I dont think MM makes it thru the whole season next year. And having a guy ready to take over HC would be good.

Aven8

Reaction score
Still think going to Denver is a dumb move. The city and fans are amazing but they have no QB and get to play Carr, Mahomes, and Herbert twice per year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think Denver is gonna hire Rams OC Kevin O'Connell ....The Bears may go for DQ to fix their defense.
Maybe, yep.

I'd bring in an offensive guy to try to get the most out of Fields, because if he fails, Dan Quinn isn't going to help much.

morasp

Reaction score
The Niners with Jimmy G at QB marched down the field and scored a TD. They followed it up with two more FGs before our Juggernaut offense scored their only points of the first half and another FG before the end of the first half. They gave up another TD in the third for a total of 23 points and that was all it took. Could you imagine if we had played the Rams, Bucs, or Packers?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Still think going to Denver is a dumb move. The city and fans are amazing but they have no QB and get to play Carr, Mahomes, and Herbert twice per year.
From Quinns perspective, if they can land Wilson or Rodgers, it makes full sense.

But why not just stick with Fangio and his top defense in that case? Why bring in a clone, and one that's slightly less regarded as well?

It's just comical that this guy wasn't good enough to coach the Falcons anymore 16 months ago, and if Dallas didn't win 12 games because, say Cooper Rush was the QB most of the season, he wouldn't be qualified now.

Nothing against Quinn and I fully want him here as DC, but there probably many more qualified HC out there.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
You guys are crazy
Our defense was above average
It was out on a pedestal because of Parsons and the interceptions are hitch are extremely unlikely to be repeated
We sacked Garoppolo a statue ZERO times, ZERO

I’m fine if Quinn walks as long as we get an aggressive and disciplined DC to replace him

a defense that was the worst in team history was turned into an above average to good defense...underselling him is dumb.

817Gill

Reaction score
I just don't understand the fit for Denver. Happy for DQ but going from a great defensive minded coach to another great defensive minded coach doesn't make sense.
Exactly! We like to crap on our own FO but you’d be surprised how many organizations make the same themed mistakes over and over again.

They always have a good D, but have been bad on O since Manning left. They are a top contender for ARod/Russ/Watson who all want to be on a team with a top offensive mind. Why go back to a defensive HC when the one you had already gave you a great D? They need offense, not sure why they’d dip back into the defensive well.

They keep putting defense first in a league that’s increasingly QB dependent.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’d say it’s about 75% chance he’s gone. Hopefully Jerry has replacements lined up already.