Twitter: Dan Quinn getting 2nd interview with Denver

fivetwos

Reaction score
Nobody can ‘guarantee’ him either guy.
Well right....even a "we are going to do our best to get one of them" wouldn't be good enough for me.

I wouldn't hang my second and likely final HC shot on Drew Locke.

I mean, didn't they have a top defense anyway?

What's Quinn supposed to do to fix that??

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
umm the first ones were via digital means, technically its the first in person so not the same and hes on short list all coming in for their face to face now that they are available..calm down means nothing until it does.
hope they do it fast if they do hire quinn so cowboys can promote whitt or go after fangio or martindale before they all go some where else
THEY SHOULD ALREADY BE INTERVIEWING FOR A NEW DC

Reactions: CWR

fivetwos

Reaction score
I have a feeling Quinn ends up staying.

Then again, half the time, I'm often wrong!

Ya know....let's say Dak went down for the year in the Tampa game and the team went 6-11 but had the same defensive improvement....

Would anyone be considering Quinn? Doubtful.

The way these teams qualify these guys is insane. Really is.

Reactions: CWR

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't understand the fit for Denver. Happy for DQ but going from a great defensive minded coach to another great defensive minded coach doesn't make sense.
There is one way of that makes sense, if they're thinking of trading for Russell Wilson.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think Quinn is gone and good for him, he's earned it. But man, going to the AFCW with no QB or real offensive weapons, middle of the road defensive weapons and a weak draft class just sounds like hard mode to me.

I guess they have tons of cap space and I do think there are QBs to be had in trade or FA (that LA Rams trade will start a trend for a season or two).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why would Denver fire their head coach who was a defensive guy just to hire another defensive guy? Do they think Quinn is bringing the legion of boom with him? Or Micah and Diggs?

Praxit

Reaction score
.good for him, if he goes. Good luck playing up to KC, Chargers and Raiders twice a year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dan Quinn had just one year working for our FO and learned it's a losing proposition. He's a smart man! :grin:

Last edited:

J817

Reaction score
I just don't understand the fit for Denver. Happy for DQ but going from a great defensive minded coach to another great defensive minded coach doesn't make sense.

I never understood this philosophy. So a team should hire a coach based on their currant weakness at the time? So what if they hire an offensive minded coach and the defense becomes their weakness? Should they go back and fourth like that? Hiring and firing coaches based on their currant weaknesses? Perhaps Fangio is bad at other things (leadership, team management, delegation etc…) that they believe Quinn excels in. It shouldn't matter a coaches speciality.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I never understood this philosophy. So a team should hire a coach based on their currant weakness at the time? So what if they hire an offensive minded coach and the defense becomes their weakness? Should they go back and fourth like that? Hiring and firing coaches based on their currant weaknesses? Perhaps Fangio is bad at other things (leadership, team management, delegation etc…) that they believe Quinn excels in. It shouldn't matter a coaches speciality.

I don't like the focus on an 'offensive" vs. "defensive" minded head coach. If you're hiring your head coach to be one or the other, you've already lost the battle IMO.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Why hiring a "defensive or offensive head coach" is dumb:
  • Matt Nagy - Offensive Coach - Bears offense was terrible
  • Kevin Stefanski - Offensive Coach - also known as the Cleveland Miles Garrets
  • Mike McCarthy - Offensive Coach - Cowboys defense played better than offense in Playoffs
  • Brandon Staley - Defensive COach - Chargers Defense = SIEVE this year, AND the offense was all Herbert with MAJOR design issues
  • Sean Payton - Offensive Coach - has one of the best defenses in the league this year
  • Bill Belichick - Defensive Coach - who cares, dude is the quintessential offensive coach
  • Kyle Shanahan - Offensive coach, but that whole team is hopping
I got tired of bulleting this and some of these are extreme examples, but i think the the role of the Head Coach should be that focused on strategy, process and organization. Let your coordinators be in charge of scheme.

willia451

Reaction score
He's too good of a coach to be stuck here in this garbage pile.

He'll be gone.