CFZ Dan Quinn has Been Figured Out

links18

Reaction score
Quinn got figured out in Atlanta. That's why he got canned there. But Jerry have him new life, just like when he hired Bruce Coslett, Scott Linehan, Wade Phillips, Monte Kiffen, Rod Marinelli and Dave Campo (second time around).

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He hasn't been figured out, the defense is banged up and the backups haven't stepped up.

Who knew there would be such a drop off from Anthony Brown to the rest...

Jourdan Lewis is out..

The drop off from the underappreciated LVE...

Parsons is banged up

Demarcus Lawrence is banged up

Bodies dropping everywhere

links18

Reaction score
He hasn't been figured out, the defense is banged up and the backups haven't stepped up.

Who knew there would be such a drop off from Anthony Brown to the rest...

Jourdan Lewis is out..

The drop off from the underappreciated LVE...

Parsons is banged up

Demarcus Lawrence is banged up

Bodies dropping everywhere

He's been figured out. Mitigate the over pursuing pass rush by running at them, around them, side to side, whatever and when you have to pass, get it out quickly. Now, with the secondary banged up, you can also take your occasional deep shot against anyone not named Diggs.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Injuries and players being worn out are the current issues with the defense. Also, lack of run stuffers at DT, but that has been an issue for a couple of decades.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Too many teams have learned to outsmart Dan Quinn's schemes and Cowvboys' defenses are being scorched, shreaded every which way but loose. You cannot win in the NFL, if you canot stop the run. All the Cowboys' front seven are seen looking to rush the passer. It seems no one is defending the outside runs.

Tom Landry was a master at making adjustments during games to counter whatever worked for opposing teams early in games. It seems that Quinn is not in his league at making adustments.

Quinn needs to start designing new defensive strategy or this team will disappoint further and place all coaches at risk of firing.

And no matter what stats he puts up, Dak is not an elite top 10 QB. I saw from his second year on, he does not have " it" on a consistent basis. If Tony Romo could run like Dak, he would have won a Super Bowl. Tony was much more clutch.

Why was he ignoring Michael Gallup?

I have seen so many games where Dak's offense is sleepwalking the beginning of games. Last week, he was good in 1st half, but failed after being up at 24-10. The Jags scored 30 points, the Cowboys only 10. Under Jimmy Johnson, Aikman, Irvin and Emmit, would come out roaring with scoring and put games away. Their defense was tough against the run.
I would say injuries have hurt the defense more than Quinn being figured out, but that's just my opinion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Too many teams have learned to outsmart Dan Quinn's schemes and Cowvboys' defenses are being scorched, shreaded every which way but loose. You cannot win in the NFL, if you canot stop the run. All the Cowboys' front seven are seen looking to rush the passer. It seems no one is defending the outside runs.

Tom Landry was a master at making adjustments during games to counter whatever worked for opposing teams early in games. It seems that Quinn is not in his league at making adustments.

Quinn needs to start designing new defensive strategy or this team will disappoint further and place all coaches at risk of firing.

And no matter what stats he puts up, Dak is not an elite top 10 QB. I saw from his second year on, he does not have " it" on a consistent basis. If Tony Romo could run like Dak, he would have won a Super Bowl. Tony was much more clutch.

I have seen so many games where Dak's offense is sleepwalking the beginning of games. Last week, he was good in 1st half, but failed after being up at 24-10. The Jags scored 30 points, the Cowboys only 10. Under Jimmy Johnson, Aikman, Irvin and Emmit, would come out roaring with scoring and put games away. Their defense was tough against the run.
Not taking anything away from Landry, but offenses were a lot simpler then.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's easy to play good D in week 5 as opposed to week 15 after injuries. Injuries matter. We're just so used to late season collapses that we overlook the reasons why.

I forget whether it was the 2007 Giants, or the 2011 Giants. But one of those seasons the Giants had a lot of injured defenders. They weren't looking good at one point. Got those guys back and the rest is history. If the Cowboys can get to full strength on D, they'll be a tough out.
I agree, and up to the coaches to decide how to get the guys rested and healthy without losing all our remating 3 games. adjusting and changing schemes etc blitz more, stunt less. more zone. more man. split man/zone..whatever players he has available, he needs to change the defense for the remaining games and then go back full out in the payoff game.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We still don’t have the basic formula for stopping the run.
Powerful DT, great LBs. We are generally better at pass rushing.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I think he is also already looking at other potential HC jobs for him. He will still get interviews from interested teams. Maybe he is already more focused on that instead of these final Cowboys games.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Quinn was figured out long ago, SF tore up his defense last year. The Patriots tore up his defense in the Super Bowl. Dan Quinn is starting to make excuses cause the pressure is on now….every team is facing injuries. But you cant keep giving up 34pt and 500yds a game nor 200 yrs rushing. Quinn has been exposed his defense is a mess

I think the issue is the players.

If they want a better run defense. Stop giving him middling players at DT and LB

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I remember fans falling in love with Kellen Moore his first couple of years. A few fans referred to him as a genius. :laugh:Some fans were ready to make him the HC. Now many fans can’t wait to get rid of him. Lol It’s been pretty much the same thing with Dan Quinn. Fans are starting to fall out of love with him quicker than they did with Moore. Our defense is starting to look like the ones he had in Atlanta that couldn’t hold a lead.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
So personnel has nothing to do with stopping the run? I will have to check this latest bulletin out with my crakerjack team of analysts worthy of this type of research.

360_F_185585486_ypecCls2p2ZksS2t8SB7C9AeXX5SMkxA.jpg

plasticman

Reaction score
Dan Quinn has been figured out?

So other teams figured out that if you take away two of the three starting CB's and replace them with a rookie and 2nd year player, the Cowboys pass defense will struggle?

And if you take away the Cowboys top run defending DT the run defense will struggle?

Loso86

Reaction score

Has he, lost number 2 and 3 cbs, no true MLB and big boy up front is hurt. I think he's fine

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo was a much better everything than Dak, including running. The only thing he wasn't better at is "being hip with the boys".

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Lov the post!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, we're stuck with a brain-dead owner who can't see past his own nose!!!!!!!!!!! If he could, he would see that Prescot is NEVER going to lead this team deep into the playoffs..................NEVER!!!!!!!!! Prescot and his gouty stats only look good on paper, they don't win meaningful games and they're just enough to beat lousy teams in the league or in the Jacksonville game they weren't enough to lose to a lousy team! Prescot is an OVER type of QB, you know the type, overrated, over hyped and overpaid!