Dan Quinn is the coach we have to keep

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Quinn will be in demand, especially if this defense ends up finishing in the Top-10 after being one of the worst ever. Adam Gase was hired immediately by the Jets after the Dolphins fired him and Quinn's HC resume is way better. This is the NFL where retreads are welcomed by GMs

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The effort and pursuit has been night and day better than what we saw last season. We just need to reduce the chunk plays we’re given up. This can allow an opponent to get right back in a game.
Agreed, and that bothers me. The OCs did their homework and knew the right calls on running plays. Too much time given up when allowing long passes sometimes. Gotta clean that up.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I don’t want to make it sound like I don’t like Quinn because from what I’ve seen? I’m loving it. In his defense it’s also with noting his defense had to play Herbert and Brady to start off.
Tough games to start the season, especially with roster changes for various reasons.
I have seen cupcake games to start recent seasons (2019 in particular) that unraveled into horrific play and blowout losses.
These first two games got them on their toes! At least we didn't get a whipping.

Cebrin

Reaction score
It's interesting that we feel this way only 3 games in. For my eyes I've just enjoyed seeing a team that communicates to each other for once. They actually look like a team. Kudos to coach for bringing in that culture. It's refreshing.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Any real playoff success and Quinn will be an NFL HC maybe next season in some city that’s floundering .

Maybe. His last couple of years in Atlanta should make any team hesitant to give him another head coaching shot. He did take Atlanta to a Super Bowl, though.

I think we're more likely to lose Moore because he's an up-and-comer who hasn't failed yet as a head coach.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Garbage yards or not Hurts made some nice plays against us. The TD throw he had when he was running to his right was a thing of beauty. We got gashed for several plays of 25+. If the Cowboys make the playoffs and don’t tighten things up a QB like Brady or Aaron Rodgers will have a field day making plays down the field. We couldn’t stop Brady in the opener with the game on the line. Herbert would’ve been pushing 400 yards had it not been for some of the penalties the Chargers committed. Some are acting like the defense has arrived and it hasn’t. It certainly has improved over last season, no question about it but we still have a long way to go.

Right. We're absolutely not there yet on defense. There are plenty of reasons to be excited about what we're seeing, but also plenty to work on if we don't want to have a defense in the playoffs that once again can't hold a lead.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Right. We're absolutely not there yet on defense. There are plenty of reasons to be excited about what we're seeing, but also plenty to work on if we don't want to have a defense in the playoffs that once again can't hold a lead.

The defense has definitely made progress from last season which isn’t hard as bad as it was. We still have a ways to go but the new players we added from the draft and free agency have improved us. Looking forward to getting Neville Gallimore back he was having a great training camp. Once we get him and DLaw back the D could take another step forward. Just have to hope we can avoid the injury bug to key players.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
We have had offenses that were top five every year even with Jason as OC. We haven’t been able to find a DC worth anything in over a decade.
Quinn can and should be easily replaced by the DC we should have keep and groomed as a HC...Kris Richard.

Mannix

Reaction score
NO WAY Junior as HC would command as much respect as Quinn....I cannot see him installing even one once of fear when the time called for it. That being said, if we win 10 - 11 games this season, I think its very possible that both of them are gone next year. If that happens, Corky will be up S creek!!!

quickccc

Reaction score
Tap the brakes it’s only been three games. Everyone on the board was so in love with Kris Richard after the 2018 season many on this board wanted to make him the next head coach. The following season everyone was calling for his head. :laugh: Give it some time before you anoint him. If things start going sour for the defense in December and January everyone will be calling for his head.

There's more to the Kris Richard than just this on the surface.

- Richard didn’t have full say of what assistants he prefer and can have – he reportedly wanted to bring in LB Darren Barrows who worked with him in Seattle when he was DC- but management denied him
and told him No, stay with current LB coach Ben Bloom (who Richard feuded with)

- Richard wasn’t even anointed the full DC, but more of a tile as “pass coordinator” assistant.. while Marinelli
remained in title as the DC. Who knows ? Richard probably was forced to work with Marinelli just as he
was forced to work with Bloom.

- Quinn however was given the full works and picks of as his assistants. Keep or bring in. And then the draft class was really totally based, involved around him.

- More Irony ?
Some here on this board, did not even want Quinn as new DC here, because they based ATL defensive failings including the incredible SB lapse and past poor defensive years and losing record as HC of Falcons…on Quinn himself.

- But now Quinn is one of the glowing Mount Rushmore heads ?

Jarntt

Reaction score
Any real playoff success and Quinn will be an NFL HC maybe next season in some city that’s floundering .
I'm not so sure about that. His defensive prowess isn't why he was fired as a HC or why he wasn't hired somewhere else after. Some guys are just great DCs and there's nothing wrong with that