Twitter: Dan Reeves dies

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember Wade Phillips brought him in as a consultant, but that lasted only a couple of days. I always wondered if Reeves would have impacted Phillips tenure in some way. I also remember Reeves wanting the Cowboys head coaching job when it opened up once. Would've been nice having a former Cowboy with Super Bowl experience at the helm. RIP Dan Reeves. I remember him as a young man. Seems like yesterday. Life is short.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Madden and Reeves two legends gone too soon. See you in the great football game in the sky coach and thanks for all the memories.

shabazz

Reaction score
At least he made it out of the wreck that was 2021……

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Very sad. :(

Dan Reeves was a great player, Coach and person. One of Coach Landry's better players to follow in Coach Landry's footsteps and do very well.

Will miss him.

:starspin: RIP, Coach Dan Reeves :starspin:

Always thought Dan Reeves would have been the Cowboys head coach someday....Sure seems like he was being groomed to succeed Landry. Then Jerry bought the team....shunned everything from the past instead of embracing it. Would have been interesting to see if he could have had the same success as Jimmy.....and the same longevity as Landry.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Always thought Dan Reeves would have been the Cowboys head coach someday....Sure seems like he was being groomed to succeed Landry. Then Jerry bought the team....shunned everything from the past instead of embracing it. Would have been interesting to see if he could have had the same success as Jimmy.....and the same longevity as Landry.
Agreed. Dan Reeves was able to coach 4 teams to reach the Super Bowl, albeit they lost all 4 times, but he definitely was good and smart enough to be a Super Bowl head coach. It certainly would have been interesting to see if he ever was able to coach the Cowboys. Sad that it didn't happen, but he was a Cowboy no matter what and represented the Star and Coach Landry very well.
:starspin:
May he RIP.