Dane Brugler's running back rankings

chicago JK

Reaction score
Let's see what we get. I'd would love Estime in tandem with one of the other backs like Benson, Wright, Brooks, or Davis.
I may be wrong. I watched very little college football so most of what I am seeing is YouTube highlights. I typically don’t like doing that.

But are you suggesting using two of our 6 picks on running backs? That seems crazy to me.

rambo2

Reaction score
I may be wrong. I watched very little college football so most of what I am seeing is YouTube highlights. I typically don’t like doing that.

But are you suggesting using two of our 6 picks on running backs? That seems crazy to me.
Sure call me crazy. They have 7 picks and I think they will end up with 8.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

If one is a late pick? I don't hate it.

By the 4th or 5th round, you are pretty much just throwing darts anyway. So if there's a back we like? Screw it, I'm in.

And we probably have room for 2 new guys as well, because our RB room is just dreadful. Rico's an RB3 type, Freeman is this season's Ronald Jones, and Deuce isn't an NFL-level player IMO. There's room for a day 3 pick to send one of Deuce or Freeman packing.

HanD

Reaction score

By the 4th or 5th round, you are pretty much just throwing darts anyway. So if there's a back we like? Screw it, I'm in.

And we probably have room for 2 new guys as well, because our RB room is just dreadful. Rico's an RB3 type, Freeman is this season's Ronald Jones, and Deuce isn't an NFL-level player IMO. There's room for a day 3 pick to send one of Deuce or Freeman packing.
Yeah hitting rb twice isn't a bad idea but I think if you do it it would be in the third and later rounds like 6th would be my plan. If I take one in the 2nd I probably would be less likely to double up.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Yea, I have no issues taking a solid mid rounder in the 3rd/5th then double dipping at the end of the draft / UDFA.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
1. Byron Murphy
2. Zach Frazier
3. T'Vondre Sweat
5. Ray Davis or MarShawn Lloyd
I would be doing cartwheels if they got this draft load. Can't see Frazier lasting that far into the second, though. But I sure don't want the LB Wilson.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Blake Corum would add a nice addition to alternate off the Dowdle Freeman style . I just hope MM & Marty’s son utilize a three back attack by committee strategy and don’t waste the pick .

Aven8

Reaction score
Looking at this draft guide, this is what he had for RB in order

Jonathon Brooks - 2nd-3rd
Blake Corum- third
Trey Benson- third
Jaylen Wright- third
Marshawn Lloyd- third
Braelon Allen- 3rd-4th
Audric Estime- 3rd-4th
Bucky Irving- 3rd-4th
Ray Davis- 4th
Will Shipley- 4th
Tyrone Tracy- 4th
Isaac Gurendo- 4th-5th

It is really a shame we are in dire need of a starting RB and are going to be forced to reach for one, in all probability
Going to have to try and get back into the 4th round somewhere to get what we want.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Looking at this draft guide, this is what he had for RB in order

Jonathon Brooks - 2nd-3rd
Blake Corum- third
Trey Benson- third
Jaylen Wright- third
Marshawn Lloyd- third
Braelon Allen- 3rd-4th
Audric Estime- 3rd-4th
Bucky Irving- 3rd-4th
Ray Davis- 4th
Will Shipley- 4th
Tyrone Tracy- 4th
Isaac Gurendo- 4th-5th

It is really a shame we are in dire need of a starting RB and are going to be forced to reach for one, in all probability
I like Brooks or Benson in the second, Wright or Estime in the third. Beyond that, I'll cross my fingers and hope. (Of course, I'll be doing that with all of them since there are no sure bets.)

Flamma

Reaction score
I'd trade down with KC for their 1st,3rd and a 5th if murphy was gone.
That's a good plan IMO. Especially if a WR like Brian Thomas is still on the board. Getting an extra 3rd and 5th to drop back 8 spots late in the first sounds good to me.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Jonathon Brooks - 2nd-3rd 48th overall
Blake Corum- third 77th overall
Trey Benson- third 81st overall
Jaylen Wright- third 83rd overall
Marshawn Lloyd- third 91st overall
Braelon Allen- 3rd-4th 97 overall
Audric Estime- 3rd-4th 98 overall

The context here suggests Dallas is actually on good stead needing a RB of this draft class.
Only R2 value is Brooks but R3 is loaded with value at RB that would likely start over the incumbents and a resigned Zeke.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Jonathon Brooks - 2nd-3rd 48th overall
Blake Corum- third 77th overall
Trey Benson- third 81st overall
Jaylen Wright- third 83rd overall
Marshawn Lloyd- third 91st overall
Braelon Allen- 3rd-4th 97 overall
Audric Estime- 3rd-4th 98 overall

The context here suggests Dallas is actually on good stead needing a RB of this draft class.
Only R2 value is Brooks but R3 is loaded with value at RB that would likely start over the incumbents and a resigned Zeke.
It really matters when they start coming off. If there's a run, we may get narrowed down or one or two. I'd rather have our choice of them than be left picking up a leftover ... unless Dallas just doesn't have any value separation among the group. If we have one or two clearly rated ahead of the rest, I'd rather "overdraft" one or try to trade down slightly in the second than take a lesser player. If we don't, I'm OK waiting until our third-round pick.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think he has value at 87. Boom or bust.
I'd go for it then despite the risk. If we'd done more in FA, maybe we wouldn't have to swing for the home runs, but I think we've got to take the shots. If it bombs, then we can start the rebuild.