Dangit!

EndGame

Reaction score
I just realized the Cowboys/G'ints game isn't on broadcast TV here this week, because CBS has the doubleheader! That means I'm stuck with going to the sports bar or listening to it on SIRIUS. I was planning to watch the first half, go to the local Christmas parade, and then coming back to watch the rest. I guess that's not happening.

:bang2:

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
What's wrong with a sports bar? Certainly there will be Cowboys fans there - even in VA.

marchetta

Reaction score
Yeah, I found out the same thing yesterday. I just assumed such a big game would be on nation wide. It farkin killed my weekend. Now, I'll be stuck listening to it over the net, and reading the boardmembers assessments of the game. This sucks! I just hope Calico posts the vid!

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Yea, they have all come out of the woodwork this year. Last year it was only me, Kilyin and one of our friends representing.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It could be worse .. you could live in Arizona and have to watch the Cardinals versus the 49ers :D :D :D

-Reality

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Reality said:
It could be worse .. you could live in Arizona and have to watch the Cardinals versus the 49ers :D :D :D

-Reality

ok, you win.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality said:

-Reality
:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Endgame:

Buffalo Wild Wings
7801 W. Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23294

Buffalo Wild Wings
1501 E. Cary St.
Richmond, VA 23219

And you can always make fun of Commanders fans. ;)

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
I am in Arizona, and do whatever it takes to get DTV. Haven't missed a Cowboys game in years....

Bizwah

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
SUNDAY TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the Sunday Ticket, and it's great. Usually....

Sometimes they are very frustrating though. The rules they have for broadcasting are inconsistent at best.

I live in SW MO. The local teams for my area are the Chiefs and the Rams. Every Sunday this season, I have had the Chiefs and Rams on the 700s (Sunday Ticket channels). I'm not supposed to have those games according to their rules. Remember, if a game appears on your local channels, then you're supposed to not receive those games on Sunday Ticket.

What is happening with me is this.....I get the Chiefs and Rams on both my regular channels, and the Sunday Ticket. Then, I usually have another game blocked out that's not in my area.

What gives with that? I've called DirectTV a number of times about this problem, and I always get the same answer...."You don't get local games on your Sunday Ticket package"....I know this.....They don't seem to listen to me about the problem. They simply rehash the rules and tell me that the NFL has certain rules about what games are shown in what area. Unfortunately, these rules don't apply to me.

I haven't lost a Cowboy game yet, thank goodness.....But I'm on pins and needles each week waiting to see if the Cowboys will be blacked out or not.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I have the Sunday Ticket, and it's great. Usually....

Sometimes they are very frustrating though. The rules they have for broadcasting are inconsistent at best.

I live in SW MO. The local teams for my area are the Chiefs and the Rams. Every Sunday this season, I have had the Chiefs and Rams on the 700s (Sunday Ticket channels). I'm not supposed to have those games according to their rules. Remember, if a game appears on your local channels, then you're supposed to not receive those games on Sunday Ticket.

What is happening with me is this.....I get the Chiefs and Rams on both my regular channels, and the Sunday Ticket. Then, I usually have another game blocked out that's not in my area.

What gives with that? I've called DirectTV a number of times about this problem, and I always get the same answer...."You don't get local games on your Sunday Ticket package"....I know this.....They don't seem to listen to me about the problem. They simply rehash the rules and tell me that the NFL has certain rules about what games are shown in what area. Unfortunately, these rules don't apply to me.

I haven't lost a Cowboy game yet, thank goodness.....But I'm on pins and needles each week waiting to see if the Cowboys will be blacked out or not.

That is really bizarre. I live in Nashville and have no problem. The only issue I have ever had was when they billed me wrong for something.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Thankfully I live in KC and they have a late game on CBS, and they're at home, so they can't show a late game on Fox, and have to show the early game. So, I assume I'm getting the Cowboys game. I haven't been able to check the listings cause Comcast sucks and my DVR is acting up for like the 6th or 7th time, so it's not downloading so I can see what's coming on, or go to the menu, or worst of all, watch the shows I've recorded. Hadn't got a chance to watch the last Invasion yet, so it'll piss me off if I have to get a new box and set everything up again.

I just want it to be on locally so I can watch it in HD. I have Sunday ticket just in case.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Go to Mulligan's on Hull Street, the "Giants Fan Club" will be there, and you can heckle them with us when they get the snot beat out of them. These guys are hella annoying too. If the Giants get a first down they're hootin and hollerin like they won the Superbowl.

BybeeBlitz

Reaction score
I live in the Houston area so I get to see the Texans instead here in Huntsville. Looks like I'm making a trip to the Woodlands and Hooters :)

EndGame

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Go to Mulligan's on Hull Street, the "Giants Fan Club" will be there, and you can heckle them with us when they get the snot beat out of them. These guys are hella annoying too. If the Giants get a first down they're hootin and hollerin like they won the Superbowl.
If I go to the sports bar, I'll go to Mulligans in Mechanicsville. It's about a mile from my house. That's what I really want to do, because there are always Cowboys fans there and I have come to sort of know a few of them. However, money is damned tight right now and I'm not sure I can even afford it. I simply can't go to a sports bar to watch a game and NOT drink 4-5 brews. I might have to go cheap and just stay home to listen to the local broadcast on SIRIUS.

Oh, and to the Sunday Ticket suggestors -- are you going to donate the money for me to pay for it? I'm pretty damned poor right now.

Reaction score

I live in AZ, but lucky for me I have to work tomorrow, there is no way that I will have to watch any Cardinal football. That said, I will have to watch the Cowboys game via the net, then get the recap from cowboyszone.com.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The blasted Cardinals are on the road to San Francisco. So guess which game I have?

:puke: