Dangit!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
The blasted Cardinals are on the road to San Francisco. So guess which game I have?

:puke:
Read my reply earlier in the thread :)

-Reality

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I have the Sunday Ticket, and it's great. Usually....

Sometimes they are very frustrating though. The rules they have for broadcasting are inconsistent at best.

I live in SW MO. The local teams for my area are the Chiefs and the Rams. Every Sunday this season, I have had the Chiefs and Rams on the 700s (Sunday Ticket channels). I'm not supposed to have those games according to their rules. Remember, if a game appears on your local channels, then you're supposed to not receive those games on Sunday Ticket.

What is happening with me is this.....I get the Chiefs and Rams on both my regular channels, and the Sunday Ticket. Then, I usually have another game blocked out that's not in my area.

What gives with that? I've called DirectTV a number of times about this problem, and I always get the same answer...."You don't get local games on your Sunday Ticket package"....I know this.....They don't seem to listen to me about the problem. They simply rehash the rules and tell me that the NFL has certain rules about what games are shown in what area. Unfortunately, these rules don't apply to me.

I haven't lost a Cowboy game yet, thank goodness.....But I'm on pins and needles each week waiting to see if the Cowboys will be blacked out or not.

That happen to me at the begining of the season. I would get the Skins and panthers on local and DTV. I called and screamed, I missed the first Dallas/Eagles game. It took two days but finaly a human being contacted me and I have free NHL (I had a choice) and the ticket has been correct every week since.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
EndGame said:
I just realized the Cowboys/G'ints game isn't on broadcast TV here this week, because CBS has the doubleheader! That means I'm stuck with going to the sports bar or listening to it on SIRIUS. I was planning to watch the first half, go to the local Christmas parade, and then coming back to watch the rest. I guess that's not happening.

:bang2:

I thought that would be close enough to NY to show it. What do they consider the "local" game over in Virginia? The Commanders?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
EndGame said:
I simply can't go to a sports bar to watch a game and NOT drink 4-5 brews.

I know what ya mean. There is no way in hell I could go to a sports bar and watch the 2005 Cardiac Cowboys without at least six cold ones to soothe the anxiety. :eek:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
EndGame said:
I just realized the Cowboys/G'ints game isn't on broadcast TV here this week, because CBS has the doubleheader! That means I'm stuck with going to the sports bar or listening to it on SIRIUS. I was planning to watch the first half, go to the local Christmas parade, and then coming back to watch the rest. I guess that's not happening.

:bang2:

Same in my region its so stupid they are showing Phenomenon instead of the game. Its seems ******** to me that Fox and CBS pay all that money for the games then they dont show double headers every week. I cant believe that Phenomenon is going to be a bigger draw then the Dallas Cowboys.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Reality said:
It could be worse .. you could live in Arizona and have to watch the Cardinals versus the 49ers :D :D :D

-Reality

Pfft....child's play.....try being held hostage with a Brown's game on week in week out....

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
jackrussell said:
Pfft....child's play.....try being held hostage with a Brown's game on week in week out....

I told you a long time ago.......Gawd would get even. :D

KoRn_BoYz_5

Reaction score
Reality said:
It could be worse .. you could live in Arizona and have to watch the Cardinals versus the 49ers :D :D :D

-Reality
i have to watch the bears or green bay, i dont care what the bears record is, just like in 01? 02? there are playing a weak schedual and will show next year that they suck again

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I told you a long time ago.......Gawd would get even. :D

Listen to you. I tell ya, we oughta set a bunch of Al Quada in front of a TV and force them to watch a Brown's game. We'd have Bin Laden inside an hour.