Danica Patrick takes historic pole position for Daytona 500

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
TheCowboy;5042933 said:
Personally I am not a fan of Martinsville. I like Bristol a lot more, but today's race was just alright.

Bristol is far better to watch from a fan perspective.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your Danica report.

She did well today. Her most impressive race so far, IMO. Daytona doesn't impress me. It's all car and little driver.

Danica - Qualified 32nd but started 43rd because of an engine switch. Finished 12th. 26th in points.

Stewart - Started 26th. Finished 17th. 22nd in points.

Newman - Started 10th. Finished 31st. 23rd in points.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WPBCowboysFan;5042935 said:
Bristol is far better to watch from a fan perspective.

Because it's banked. Higher speeds and usually a couple of grooves.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;5042997 said:
Your Danica report.

She did well today. Her most impressive race so far, IMO. Daytona doesn't impress me. It's all car and little driver.

Danica - Qualified 32nd but started 43rd because of an engine switch. Finished 12th. 26th in points.

She had a good day. Cant take that away from her. Liked how she raced her owner when he was on the outside.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Rookie female driver goes from 43rd to 12th at Martinsville = "a good day" :lmao:

I love how painful it is for you to give her credit for her talent.

burmafrd

Reaction score
CowboyDan;5043201 said:
Rookie female driver goes from 43rd to 12th at Martinsville = "a good day" :lmao:

you could hear the gritting of teeth for miles

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
CowboyDan;5043201 said:

Painful? :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Painful is Romo throwing 3 picks and we lose to a battered RG3 lead Foreskin team.

A 12th place finish - no pain at all.

Diogenes

Reaction score
Risen Star;5042998 said:
Because it's banked. Higher speeds and usually a couple of grooves.

I liked Bristol a lot more when it was one groove. Drivers had no choice but to force the action.

I've been fortunate enough to see races at Charlotte, North Wilkesboro, Talladega, Darlington, Martinsville, Richmond, Bristol, Dover and Pocono.

Bristol, Dover and Richmond are my favorites. Pocono is my least favorite.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Diogenes;5043802 said:
I liked Bristol a lot more when it was one groove. Drivers had no choice but to force the action.

I've been fortunate enough to see races at Charlotte, North Wilkesboro, Talladega, Darlington, Martinsville, Richmond, Bristol, Dover and Pocono.

Bristol, Dover and Richmond are my favorites. Pocono is my least favorite.

I've been fortunate enough to drive a car around Pocono for 20 laps. That will make you love Pocono! :)

jimmy40

Reaction score
Pocono is horrible, by far the most boring track there is. Speed walking is a better spectator sport than Pocono racing.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Pocono is horrible. I wouldnt go there again if it were free.

Richmond can be boring in person and better to watch on TV.

Dover and Charlotte are great to go to.

Daytona is my favorite. It used to be, but the racing there hasnt been very good for the last 10 yrs or so.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Here's a different question. NASCAR on FOX or NASCAR on ESPN? I love Mike Joy, DW and Larry Reynolds on FOX. I can't stand it on ESPN. Those broadcasters are annoying and awful.

jimmy40

Reaction score
TheCowboy;5043873 said:
Here's a different question. NASCAR on FOX or NASCAR on ESPN? I love Mike Joy, DW and Larry Reynolds on FOX. I can't stand it on ESPN. Those broadcasters are annoying and awful.
I like Kyle Petty announcing races, not sure what network it is. DW? I want to punch him in the face right before the second boogity.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
jimmy40;5043956 said:
I like Kyle Petty announcing races, not sure what network it is. DW? I want to punch him in the face right before the second boogity.
Really? I like DW's boogity thing lol. I think Petty is on TBS, which is still better than ESPN.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;5043956 said:
DW? I want to punch him in the face right before the second boogity.

He may be a "legend" but that boogity crap needs to go.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
The boogity thing is stupid and needs to stop. But, the fox team is waaaaaaaay better than TNT (TBS?) and ESPN. Kyle Petty is awful. It takes him 15 minutes to try to explain something and he just bumbles all over himself in the process. He's such a beating.

DW, Jeff Hammond and Larry McReynolds have forgotten more about racing than Kyle Petty will ever know.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The FOX coverage is the only one that is bearable.

Kyle Petty, Wally Dallenbach, and that lil clown, Bestwick, on TBS/TNT are awful. I dont follow it much once they switch over from FOX. The combo of not so good racing now, and terrible coverage is more than I care to tolerate.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
I just heard about this last week.........:D

[youtube]6V7GJdn9rZE[/youtube]

Eldora Speedway and NASCAR announced today another milestone event in the legendary half-mile oval's rich history as the 60-year-old track will play host to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in 2013. The Inaugural Mudsummer Classic on Wednesday, July 24 will mark the first NASCAR-sanctioned National Tour event held on dirt since September 1970 in Raleigh, N.C.

"Eldora typically hosts 10 different touring series each year, and we're very proud to have NASCAR join the list of series that will compete at our track," said Tony Stewart, the three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion and owner of Eldora Speedway. "NASCAR's history began in the sands of Daytona and on the dirt of the Carolinas, and having the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series on the dirt at Eldora brings that history back to a new generation of fans, as well as Eldora's own fan base.

jimmy40

Reaction score
CowboyDan;5044048 said:
The boogity thing is stupid and needs to stop. But, the fox team is waaaaaaaay better than TNT (TBS?) and ESPN. Kyle Petty is awful. It takes him 15 minutes to try to explain something and he just bumbles all over himself in the process. He's such a beating.

DW, Jeff Hammond and Larry McReynolds have forgotten more about racing than Kyle Petty will ever know.
Petty's fine, just not red neck enough for some fans.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CowboyDan;5044048 said:

I agree. I hate that boogity crap. I'll mute the tv.