Danica Patrick takes historic pole position for Daytona 500

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Diogenes;5043802 said:
I liked Bristol a lot more when it was one groove. Drivers had no choice but to force the action.

Agree 100%....

sacase

Reaction score
Ok I am not a huge race fan, I have a passing interest. I have no clue of what Danika Patrick looks like. But there seems to be two sides to this thread. One side saying treat her like a man and let her stand on her own merits and the other saying hey she finished 12th! That's AWESOME! I really don't see that as being very awesome. Would we celebrate any other driver for the same things that she has done? If you want true equality then let her accomplishments stand on their own regardless of gender. As soon as the people say she did good for a woman, they are actually belittling her accomplishments. My 2cents...I fully expect to be put into the woman hater category though.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
sacase;5045379 said:
Ok I am not a huge race fan, I have a passing interest. I have no clue of what Danika Patrick looks like. But there seems to be two sides to this thread. One side saying treat her like a man and let her stand on her own merits and the other saying hey she finished 12th! That's AWESOME! I really don't see that as being very awesome. Would we celebrate any other driver for the same things that she has done? If you want true equality then let her accomplishments stand on their own regardless of gender. As soon as the people say she did good for a woman, they are actually belittling her accomplishments. My 2cents...I fully expect to be put into the woman hater category though.

Anyone who finishes 12th at Martinsville their first time there, after starting at the back of the field would get a TON of respect............unless of course, they were a girl. Passing 31 cars at the paperclip as a rookie is no easy task for anyone. Race fans, especially Nascar fans, get that.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
sacase;5045379 said:

Now why did u have to go and bring something sensible to this thread? :D

The lovers of Super Danica will be all over your "hate" :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
It's not hate, it's common sense and respect. The haters of Danica refuse to show her an ounce of either. No one in this thread has fawned over her. This isn't a video game. She's going head to head with some of the best drivers in the world and the haters said she doesn't belong there. She keeps proving that she does. We're just pointing it out to them.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Texas is bad fast and Super Danica is running 35th, 1 lap down 50 laps into the race :D

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
I just got back from the race.......man that was fun. And yes, Texas is baaaad faaaast! I'm proud of my boy Greg Biffle......started 35th, finished 4th.

Super Danica finished 28th, ahead of Dale Jr, Gordon and Stenhouse! :eek:

jimmy40

Reaction score
CowboyDan;5047723 said:
Super Danica finished 28th, ahead of Dale Jr, Gordon and Stenhouse! :eek:
so do you post things like this because you know Danica fans don't actually watch NASCAR? Gordon was racing for the lead when his car broke, she was 4 laps behind him at the time. Dale was racing for the lead when he had battery issues, she was 3 laps behind him at the time. Stenhouse, who cares, probably trying to make her feel good so she would give him some.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
I post things like that for the guy who keeps knocking on Danica's skill as a driver, and compares her to Stenhouse, Jr. He also never takes into consideration the other key variables such as the car or the crew. If you've been following along through the whole thread, you'd see that I answered this question already. It's more of a sarcastic shot at him. I understand that Jr. and Gordon had great cars yesterday and had mechanical issues that cost them the race.

That's my whole point, and you're helping me illustrate it. Nascar is not just about the driver. She's good enough if given a good car, ie. Daytona and Martinsville, to perform well. She's not very good at turning a bad car into a good car during a race, as I stated earlier. When she understands how to do this, her finishing positions will be consistently better across the series.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;5047798 said:
so do you post things like this because you know Danica fans don't actually watch NASCAR? Gordon was racing for the lead when his car broke, she was 4 laps behind him at the time. Dale was racing for the lead when he had battery issues, she was 3 laps behind him at the time. Stenhouse, who cares, probably trying to make her feel good so she would give him some.

Stenhouse had a tire go down and wrecked.

Yes, they have an agenda. They jumped to conclusions after her nearly irrelevant Daytona pole and have been in damage control ever since. If you've watched the races you've seen her as a back marker on a weekly basis. She did have a nice run at Martinsville. You have to give her that. It was more of a survive in the back while the others wreck themselves out of the race and then make a run at the end, but she did well. The other races, minus the abortion plate race, she's been terrible. With top equipment.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your weekly Danica report....she started 42nd, finished 28th, 3 laps down. 26th in points.

Stewart - started 13th, finished 21st. 22nd in points.

Newman - started 31st, finished 10th. 17th in points.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Risen Star;5047880 said:
Stenhouse had a tire go down and wrecked.

Yes, they have an agenda. They jumped to conclusions after her nearly irrelevant Daytona pole and have been in damage control ever since. If you've watched the races you've seen her as a back marker on a weekly basis. She did have a nice run at Martinsville. You have to give her that. It was more of a survive in the back while the others wreck themselves out of the race and then make a run at the end, but she did well. The other races, minus the abortion plate race, she's been terrible. With top equipment.

This is loaded with BS. Especially the part about her surviving in the back at Martinsville. What a crock.

Risen Star;5047882 said:
Your weekly Danica report....she started 42nd, finished 28th, 3 laps down. 26th in points.

Stewart - started 13th, finished 21st. 22nd in points.

Newman - started 31st, finished 10th. 17th in points.

Top equipment..............she's a rookie and the #3 driver on this team, and she's 4 spots behind the #1 driver on that team. That whole team is struggling to get the equipment where it needs to be, and she will always get the short end of the stick in that process. You know this.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
CowboyDan;5047887 said:
This is loaded with BS. Especially the part about her surviving in the back at Martinsville. What a crock.

Not really. There is a difference between driving and going for the win, and driving and staying out of trouble.

So far this season Danica has neither shown on the track, nor shown in her words that she is driving for a win.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone notice how the sponsorship was HARDLY ever said during the race? NRA 500?

burmafrd

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5047929 said:
Not really. There is a difference between driving and going for the win, and driving and staying out of trouble.

So far this season Danica has neither shown on the track, nor shown in her words that she is driving for a win.

in your obviously biased opinion

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FORT WORTH, Texas — A medical examiner says a man who died in the infield during a NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway shot himself in the head. The Tarrant County medical examiner's office on Sunday said the death of 42-year-old Kirk Franklin of Saginaw was a suicide.

Fort Worth police have said a man who was camping in the infield died of a "self-inflicted injury" after getting into an argument with other campers. The incident happened late in the Sprint Cup race.

Police spokeswoman Cpl. Tracey Knight has said alcohol may have been a factor. Knight said several people witnessed the incident, but nobody was in danger.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/...xas-race-fan-dies-altercation-suicide-nra-500