Twitter: Daniel Jeremiah wants Micah to stay at DE

Jarntt

Reaction score
Could you imagine how bad our LB play would be if Micah was a FT DE?

plasticman

Reaction score
Yes a guard…with a head of steam. Or a pulling FB/TE. Not to mention the RB blasting through the hole with his head down…and then there’s also the LB delivering hits and damaging himself coming downhill with a full speed RB. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying playing DE is a cushy job, but the idea that you’re going to preserve a player by playing them at MLB is indeed “crazy and incorrect”

And please show me your sample sizes on those cherry picked career starts of only 1st round picks. I gotta imagine there’s been close to triple the amount of DE’s drafted 1st round vs ILB. You are only highlighting the bust rate of DE’s. Also the fact that only really good “sure thing” type ILB’s get drafted in the 1st round.
I wouldn't call it "preserve", more like "extend"

If I used a data sample if all rounds then you could correctly claim that the career lengths are distorted by short careers of 3rd team backups and special teams players. Parsons is a 1st round pick so I thought it more appropriate to compare him to the same.

I understand what you are saying but I just don't think he is built for it, not saying I'm right.