Twitter: Danny White is a Dak fan

Zordon

Reaction score
Whether you agree or disagree with his sentiments, I think it's refreshing the ex-Cowboys are finally opining on the state of the Cowboys. In my opinion they've been too quiet over the years. It's going to take a village to fix this thing. Time for Roger to apply some pressure.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Whether you agree or disagree with his sentiments, I think it's refreshing the ex-Cowboys are finally opining on the state of the Cowboys. In my opinion they've been too quiet over the years. It's going to take a village to fix this thing. Time for Roger to apply some pressure.

Everyone blames Dak. If you want to know who understands football at the NFL level, just follow those who believe Dak is not the problem and ignore those who don’t because those who don’t are football knowledge agnostic.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm not a fan, that's all that matters!!! Lol jk, DAK to the advisory board after this season!!!

khiladi

Reaction score
Not a good look that the rest of the players are getting slammed for Dak’s garbage play.. Wrs not getting separation, RBs sucking, nobody blocking.. Dak is the ONLY guy doing his job.

Imagine that, he was doing his job so well, they had to revamp the offense for him after the bye, after changing it for him in the off-season..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Playing QB for the Cowboys is a club, a tight knit community and none of them are about to speak ill of one another. So of course he supports Dak. Danny,in his day, was every bit as clutch as Roger at various times. Took us to 3 NFC Title games with aging/declining teams. Hes the Oliver Twist of Dallas QB's. Never gets his just due. I can see why he sticks up for Dak. I think he sees some of himself in his game. If Dwight Clark doesn't make the catch in 1981, that's ball game more than likely and Dallas goes to another SB and likely beats Cincy. We would have a totally different take on Danny White in Cowboy lore. Our defenses weren't great in the 80's. They were decent, but not great. Thats why Danny never won a ring without Roger. But people do forget, he does have a SB ring as a rookie punter in 1977. All it takes for Dak to be viewed different is 1 SB appearance. Danny said it well.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

If I saw this guy walk past me right now, wouldn't have a clue who he was!!

Rayman70

Reaction score

I met Danny at the airport in Phoenix around early 2000's. He was coaching the Arizona rattlers arena team. You will never meet a classier guy. Talked with me for 10 minutes while he was waiting getting his luggage rounded up. Clearly he took a thing or 2 from Landry and Roger in his personal life and put them to use. We always talk about Romo as if he actually is better than what White was, and its a freaking joke. Romo was a undisciplined showboat and never showed up big in big games. Danny routinely had some of his biggest moments in playoff games but the defenses weren't quite good enough. The ATL playoff game in 1981 at ATL is example 1. Until Dak has a shining moment in a big playoff game that matters, he will get forgotten. Our Defense must be better, and like Danny said, its the ultimate team game. It takes everyone clicking to lift each other up.

Creeper

Reaction score
We'll see how much Dak is doubting himself when he starts negotiating his extension with Jerry.

The Dak haters are not going away though. Every game they lose will be Dak's fault. Every game they win will be to the credit of the defense or someone else, but not Dak.

Dak is not the best QB in the league, but he is in the top 10 for sure. People who say "what about against good teams?", well, what is the expectation? That the Cowboys blow out every good team they play? Dak made comebacks against Miami and Detroit late in 2023. The defense blew the Miami game and the defense almost blew the Detroit game, but that's Dak's fault too.

This team had some glaring weaknesses in 2023 and many of us refused to acknowledge it during the season. GB hammered it home for us.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I don't think I'd quite say that. His struggles in Green Bay contributed to that loss. But there were other players who also didn't get the job done, as there usually are in any loss. I do agree that Dallas can win a Super Bowl with Dak, just like they could have with Romo, if other players step up, if the coaching steps up, etc. It's not all on him. (Plenty of QBs on his level or lower have Super Bowl titles.) I just don't believe this front office will do what it takes to win.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Poor Danny must have hit financial hard times and joined the payroll over at Todd France's PR Dept.