Twitter: Danny White is a Dak fan

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We'll see how much Dak is doubting himself when he starts negotiating his extension with Jerry.

The Dak haters are not going away though. Every game they lose will be Dak's fault. Every game they win will be to the credit of the defense or someone else, but not Dak.

Dak is not the best QB in the league, but he is in the top 10 for sure. People who say "what about against good teams?", well, what is the expectation? That the Cowboys blow out every good team they play? Dak made comebacks against Miami and Detroit late in 2023. The defense blew the Miami game and the defense almost blew the Detroit game, but that's Dak's fault too.

This team had some glaring weaknesses in 2023 and many of us refused to acknowledge it during the season. GB hammered it home for us.
:thumbup: Well said. Not even Mahomes could put last years team over the top. They have no Chris Johnson. They have no running game. Not sure if fans are blind or what, but you watch the games against the better teams all year and they won the line of scrimmage battle on both sides. You’ll never win in the playoffs with a team built like that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I met Danny at the airport in Phoenix around early 2000's. He was coaching the Arizona rattlers arena team. You will never meet a classier guy. Talked with me for 10 minutes while he was waiting getting his luggage rounded up. Clearly he took a thing or 2 from Landry and Roger in his personal life and put them to use. We always talk about Romo as if he actually is better than what White was, and its a freaking joke. Romo was a undisciplined showboat and never showed up big in big games. Danny routinely had some of his biggest moments in playoff games but the defenses weren't quite good enough. The ATL playoff game in 1981 at ATL is example 1. Until Dak has a shining moment in a big playoff game that matters, he will get forgotten. Our Defense must be better, and like Danny said, its the ultimate team game. It takes everyone clicking to lift each other up.
Danny white was great and came at the end of an era, where the team was picking low in the rounds for 15+ years and talent was getting thin. he led the team to three straight CCGs and come up slightly short, one of them being the begining of SF dynasty with the catch. folks forget that the catch wasn't the end of the game. we had a little bit of time to make a come back and win and just fell short.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Danny white was great and came at the end of an era, where the team was picking low in the rounds for 15+ years and talent was getting thin. he led the team to three straight CCGs and come up slightly short, one of them being the begining of SF dynasty with the catch. folks forget that the catch wasn't the end of the game. we had a little bit of time to make a come back and win and just fell short.
exactly. White threw an absolute perfect dime on a crossing route to Hill that dang near went for a game winning walk off td.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Danny threw some ridiculous passes to win the ATL game in 81. Frankly, not sure Roger would have attempted a couple of them. They had to be perfect. Danny carried us in that game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Danny was a helluva athlete. Many younger fans don't know about him. He was a starting Punter for us before he became the starting QB. He was our punter and our QB in the 80's. I liked Romo, but he isnt in Danny's realm. Danny was just Mr. Consistency.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well as they should, because when dak has bad games it's NEVER just his fault, dak is free from being criticized
Come on, you been here long enough. You know that is not true. Actually the opposite. Dak is criticized 95% of the the time.
Either right or wrong is ones own opinion.

Rayman70

Reaction score
From 1980-1983 Danny had almost a ridiculous winning percentage and went to 3 straight NFCCG in his time. He likes Dak because he knows that string is forever safe with Dak around
Danny in my view, was vastly under appreciated and I find the Romo comps comical. Romo got all the hoopla but never did a thing that mattered, unlike Danny...he was very good for a long stretch when he had not very good players sometimes. They were aging on defense and the oline wasn't very good. But he still was able to have a great career. We had no business beating ATL in 81 except for a couple risky passes Danny threw that were just perfectly timed. He ran for his life in that game.

Aven8

Reaction score
Man I loved me some Danny White growing up. I heard him on the Ticket yesterday talking all about it.

Two things people probably don’t even know.

Danny has been broadcasting Cowboys games in the booth for the past 13 years.

Danny was actually in the QB room with Aikman as a 36 year old QB. Then Jimmy let him go. He said he thought he could have helped Troy immensely.

Zordon

Reaction score
Man I loved me some Danny White growing up. I heard him on the Ticket yesterday talking all about it.

Danny was actually in the QB room with Aikman as a 36 year old QB. Then Jimmy let him go. He said he thought he could have helped Troy immensely.
Where?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:thumbup: Well said. Not even Mahomes could put last years team over the top. They have no Chris Johnson. They have no running game. Not sure if fans are blind or what, but you watch the games against the better teams all year and they won the line of scrimmage battle on both sides. You’ll never win in the playoffs with a team built like that.
Good point on Chris Johnson.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think Troy did okay without all his expert tutelage.