Danny White's special message for the Musers on The Ticket

ilovejerry

Reaction score
let me say How much I loved watching Danny White as a player !!
He never got his due had to fill some crazy cleats following Roger and I think he did a great job. I wish he would be put up in the ROH Danny White what a great QB and seems like a unbelievable human being ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Him !

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I didnt realize Sammy Baugh was a Cowboys player? I thought I made my point, but maybe I didn't. Danny White was the best Cowboys combo QB1 and punter ever. If you haven't watched his tapes, check him out.
Yup that’s the way I understood your point as well and I agree

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Loved Danny White.. too bad the fans disrespected him screaming for the one hit wonder Gary Hogeboom...

Then we started realizing what we lost after white left and Steve Peluer among others was QB

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That's a fine example of some heartfelt sentiments from a nice guy.:thumbup:
It was good to see he's doing so well and has such fond memories. :star:

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White remains one of the most underrated Cowboys players. Not HOF great but for about 4-5 years, he was an excellent QB for this franchise. Definitely one of the nicest, classiest people to wear the Star.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I would think the odds are a little higher of converting a fourth down as a punter by running rather than throwing it. White’s fake punts were never by design he would just see a lane and takeoff. I’m not sure but Landry may have given him the green light to takeoff if he saw an opportunity. From what I remember when he stutter stepped and took off it worked most of the time.
Yeah, it never looked like a called play. I bet hit percentage was pretty fan near 100%. U came recall him ever not making one

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White remains one of the most underrated Cowboys players. Not HOF great but for about 4-5 years, he was an excellent QB for this franchise. Definitely one of the nicest, classiest people to wear the Star.
Do you, by chance remember how large his forearms were? He had a very strong arm.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Danny White almost beat the 49ers on the first play after the catch by Dwight Clark. He hit Drew Pearson who looked like he would go 75 yards when he was yanked down by a horse collar tackle. Next play, a defensive lineman broke through sacked Danny and he fumbled.

Danny was 1st pick in 3rd round in 1974. I was a t that draft. Danny was star at Ariz State, taking his team to top 10. He was also its punter and starting second baseman on baseball team,

His size when drafted and I kid you not, do not laugh, 6'2" 175. He went to USFL and came to Boys in '76 at 182 lbs. He had below average arm strength, but made up with being so smart and a great athlete. He ran a 4.55. He had great running backs, receivers through 83. Then it went downhill, surrounded by terrible players. Gil Brandt went 10 years with almost all draft busts, 1978-1987. Not even one great draft, Irvin and Norton, 1, 2, in 88 could save them. The Arkansas boys came and...

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White almost beat the 49ers on the first play after the catch by Dwight Clark. He hit Drew Pearson who looked like he would go 75 yards when he was yanked down by a horse collar tackle. Next play, a defensive lineman broke through sacked Danny and he fumbled.

Danny was 1st pick in 3rd round in 1974. I was a t that draft. Danny was star at Ariz State, taking his team to top 10. He was also its punter and starting second baseman on baseball team,

His size when drafted and I kid you not, do not laugh, 6'2" 175. He went to USFL and came to Boys in '76 at 182 lbs. He had below average arm strength, but made up with being so smart and a great athlete. He ran a 4.55. He had great running backs, receivers through 83. Then it went downhill, surrounded by terrible players. Gil Brandt went 10 years with almost all draft busts, 1978-1987. Not even one great draft, Irvin and Norton, 1, 2, in 88 could save them. The Arkansas boys came and...
I could swear he had a strong arm, but you'd remember better than me. I met him after he retired and remember how big his forearms were in relation to his overall arm length.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Always good to see my main man okay and posting.
Looking forward to this coming season (whenever it happens) and your observations of the team we love to watch's work.

Reaction score
Even though we never got to the super bowl with Danny White, he still was fun to watch and root for, I'm pretty sure he holds a special place in the hearts of Cowboy Fans who grew up watching him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Never heard that story, but wouldn't doubt it. I went to high school in El Paso and remember when he'd come to play UTEP. He was sneaky as hell in college.
Miner Stadium was a lot of fun...

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
What a great player . So close yet so far to a championship ( sigh) .

lockster

Reaction score
D
I didnt realize Sammy Baugh was a Cowboys player? I thought I made my point, but maybe I didn't. Danny White was the best Cowboys combo QB1 and punter ever. If you haven't watched his tapes, check him out.
Sammy played at a time when he could have starred at 12 positions in one season of football. Lol. I doubt he could have done the same by the 80 s.